Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

teebee, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TPI
Tuned Port Injection. A method of fuel injection, used on the early C4 Corvette L98 motor, (1985-1991). ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Another cold day here. No snow as of now. I'll take it.

Been MIA the last few days. Seems like everyone is keeping busy.

Have a dentist appointment today to redo a filling or two. What time's my appointment, Tommy?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2022/12/6 13:40

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

GOOD MORNING MATT---

ANOTHER OVERCAST DAY IN THE NATIONS, 58 DEGREES, THAT AIN'T BAD FOR DECEMBER, BUT SOME SUNSHINE WOULD SURE BE NICE.

I'LL GO GET MY HIGH SPEED ARMOR PIERCING SUPER CONGRESSIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE. I'VE HAD AN OKLAHOMA DRIVERS LICENSE FOR 64 YEARS AND NOW THEY WANT ME TO PROVE WHO I AM.

WE ARE GOVERNED BY FOOLS, AND PERVERTED FOOLS AT THAT.

STILL HAVE SHOPPING TO DO, I KNOW WHAT TO GE DARLING WIFE, #1 DAUGHTER STILL TBD. I WANT GO GET #1 SIL SOMETHING DIFFERENT THIS YEAR, WE USUALLY GIVE HIM A GIFT CARD FOR THE FARM STORE.

'TIS THE SEASON :-)
Posted on: 2022/12/6 14:25

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

..gift card from the farm store....now that's my kinda gift....very nice! Severe clear here..... highs in the mid 40's

C2 has a special place in my heart since it was the first Corvette I ever owned.... compared to todays standards its a 60's dinosaur.. but one that is an icon of shape and coolness..... buy it right and it will not lose money if taken care of.... no depreciation there.... but as Tommy says.... new is way better.... so I think I will have to have both.....

got a haircut at 2 Bells and do not forget it..... she is booked the rest of the month..... onward to glory Guru's
Posted on: 2022/12/6 16:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Have a dentist appointment today to redo a filling or two. What time's my appointment, Tommy?

Tooth hurty ..... of course.

Flushing the water system, changing the water filter and cleaning out a couple of cabinets. Then whatever else I can squeeze in. Never a dull day. Yesterday I washed the Suburban and cleaned her up a bit inside. Took off all the road crap with some bug and tar remover and a few other odd jobs. I told Sue that I can't walk 10 feet without finding something that needs to be done. Went to dinner last night and had a nice fried seafood platter. My cardiologist would not have approved. Had good food, good company, and good conversation. Can't beat that.
Posted on: 2022/12/6 16:18

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

good afternoon, been MIA here over the weekend as usual. I get home and get busy with crap and don't get on a computer much if any. I have a hard time navigating forums on my phone. Happy birthday Gris, sorry I'm late. Tee I'm stealing your poem to post to my FB Corvette friends if you don't mind.
Working on my nursing home bus this morning at work and have a few other odd stuff pending. The Superbird guy is due in today, he's pissy at me. Not my fault. He was snarky Thursday and it ruined my whole weekend. I tried to do what I could with what I have to get the pic I needed. My "pieces" will take me many hours to assemble I'd rather have a photo. He was fussy at me about why we don't have that camera here or why I personally dont, and why someone else 15 years ago could get that pic and put on a trailer just fine. 1: we have no need for that high of a pixel camera. Most of my art I need comes from an online high res service we pay for or corporate images where they have a marketing agency that gets me what I need (budweiser for example) and 3: I'm not a photographer and dont' own that equipment personally. I'm a designer not a photographer. 4: I told him to start with he needs a professional photo that could be sent to me, I was in the process of lining up someone for him that I new could get it for me and he took it upon himself to get a "wedding" photographer. That dude can't do this size of image. he said "he's a billboard guy" well, so am I but not one photo for a whole one that' seen at a distance so you don't see how blurry it is. 5: That guy 15 years ago probably had 55mm film and he's a sign shop with different equipment than I have and Ill hedge a bet the image was on a trailer but not near as large as this one. I guarantee it. Digital today I don't think still has caught up to the film of yesterday.
In other news: Screening in our back patio will be expensive and I wanted to so I could add plastic in the winter or just put windows back there. I can't afford it so I ordered a ceiling mount, flexible curtain track with roller hooks. We installed that and I bought 3 ten foot clear tarps plus one 16 foot one. The 3 tens go on one end the 16 on the other and there's just enough overlap for a pass through. Can already tell the difference. when we get some sun, they'll flatten out more and I can adjust. We will be putting in a small gas heater for winter use and clean up out there. then I"ll be able to sit out there and I can put plants out there for a greenhouse. I'm out about $400 on the setup. Come spring, I'll remove the plastic and hang up mosquito netting with weighted bottoms so that will help during the summer to keep skeeters off me and outta the house. And, dog is due at the vet if they can get her in today,I feel she's at the end of her road. She tries to get up and be mobile but her back end goes out from under her and I know she's in pain but bless her heart she tries. She's gotten very picky about food and yesterday I don't think ate anything other than a couple of treats. Nothing I do works now. When we let her out she don't bark to come back in now just stand there. She quit getting in her recliner in the shop about 3 weeks ago so we tossed it and she gets on her bed. She will pick up a bite of food then drop it. She prefers a blanket on the rug as opposed to a softer bed, just lots of stuff and had lost a ton of weight lately. As of now vet hasn't called but I wish they'd hurry up so we can either fix her or let her go. I don't want to put her to sleep but dont' want her miserable either.
Posted on: 2022/12/6 19:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys, been a pretty busy day. working in the shop on my CNC, finally figuring out the problem with it.

Chilly all day here, but no wind to speak of.
Posted on: 2022/12/7 0:59

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 12.06.22
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
And, dog is due at the vet if they can get her in today,I feel she's at the end of her road. She tries to get up and be mobile but her back end goes out from under her and I know she's in pain but bless her heart she tries. She's gotten very picky about food and yesterday I don't think ate anything other than a couple of treats. Nothing I do works now. When we let her out she don't bark to come back in now just stand there. She quit getting in her recliner in the shop about 3 weeks ago so we tossed it and she gets on her bed. She will pick up a bite of food then drop it. She prefers a blanket on the rug as opposed to a softer bed, just lots of stuff and had lost a ton of weight lately. As of now vet hasn't called but I wish they'd hurry up so we can either fix her or let her go. I don't want to put her to sleep but don't want her miserable either.

SO SORRY, LETTY. IT'S REALLY TOUGH TO PUT AN OLD DOG DOWN BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE IT'S ABOUT HER TIME TO GO. WHEN THEY LOOSE THEIR HIND LEGS IT'S PRETTY MUCH OVER. SAD, SAD, SAD.
Posted on: 2022/12/7 1:11

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.