Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Saturday Chaturday 01.14.2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Goomoanin.

The weather is high on the list of importance for Florida farmers and nursery owners. Temps tonite will dip into the 30's. The potential for crop damage is high. Never something we care to deal with. We've lost as much as $130,000 to cold weather snaps in some years past. We have no crop insurance since it really isn't worth the paper it's written on to us. Past experience has demonstrated that after the deductible it's not worth us carrying it. So we will sit and hope we don't get a freeze. We'll crank on the irrigation pumps tonight around midnight and run them till 9 or 10 tomorrow morning. Today we started the day at 46* Fortunately we are dealing with the frost potential for only one night so the odds I think are in our favor. We shall see. A little further north in Florida they suffered crop losses during the snap at Christmas and potential is high for them for a repeat tonight. Citrus took a big hit for sure. Maybe I should consult The Farmers Almanac and see what they said about this winter.
Posted on: 2023/1/14 13:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chaturday 01.14.2023
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Gem revisited ...

Posted on: 2023/1/14 14:19

GRIS Re: Saturday Chaturday 01.14.2023
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

IT'S STILL WINTER IN THE NATIONS, 29 ON THE FRONT PORCH. SEMI-SUNNY AND CALM AT THE MOMENT, WIND WILL PICK UP LATER, HIGH OF 52 SAY NWS.

SLEPT IN FOR THE THIRD DAY IN A ROW :-O

GOT A FEW ERRANDS TO RUN TODAY, NOTING URGENT.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEATHER TOMMY, HOPE YOU DON'T GET FROSTED.

GOTTA FEED THE WONDERDOG---
Posted on: 2023/1/14 14:42

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chaturday 01.14.2023
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

working around the place.... got caught sneaking out to shop by the bride..... I think I was tricked.... got a guy coming over to give us a bid on broken window install..... get that to SF and get the check and we will close the chapter on all dat mess.... course we still have to have it all fixed... but that will be done as soon as the weather improves....

I see that 48% of the kids from 18 to 28 years of age are living at home. Can't afford the rent I guess.... we had one here during covid but now all are out and employed. Also luxury item purchases have gone up since they are not paying much rent... hmmmm..... so half the kids in the country are living at home...? wow....

laugh it up Guru's
Posted on: 2023/1/14 15:52

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Saturday Chaturday 01.14.2023
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys, I was up early and headed northwest to visit my sis, about an hours drive away. She has had issues with her feet and had surgery on both 10 days ago. But the reason for going up was, I arranged for her garage doors to be replaced by a guy, and his son, from down here. She tried to get someone from her community, but, everyone up there wanted $400 for each door to install plus $1400/door plus $400 each for new openers....$5200!

I bought the doors and new openers for $1600 and my buddy, and son, charged her $175/door to install plus mileage. So for less than half the cost we got the job done. I went up before the guys got there and took out the old doors saving her a bit.
Posted on: 2023/1/15 4:01

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.