Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (276 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

redeyejedi913 91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Guru Newb
Memphis, TN
3 Posts

I've been having troubles with my baby for a long time now. Ever since I've finished the engine install and had her tuned she's done nothing but run rich and foul out plugs. A little background: Stock block bored .30 over and eagle forged steel crank, hbeam rods, forged 10.6:1 pistons, AFR heads, Superram intake, Compcams adv dur 276/290 roller cam and lifters, 1.6:1 roller rockers, long tube headers, Accel 30lb injectors, FlowKooler water pump, MSD 6AL, Accel shorty plugs, 7 qt Milodon stroker pan full of Royal Purple and more goodies and yes it has been tuned by a pro...the man says it ain't the chip. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Please email steven_b913@hotmail.com if you have info or if you want to purchase this beast. I've got plenty of pics and even more receipts.

Thanks.
Posted on: 2006/8/8 0:47

CasetheCorvetteman RE:91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

If he says its not the tune what does he think it is? What is the fuel presure at? Is the O2 sensor working?
Posted on: 2006/8/8 5:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

brut RE:91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

I was gonna say O2 sensor...they do go bad. And some have been know to be bad even if bought new.
Posted on: 2006/8/8 5:55

redeyejedi913 RE:91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Guru Newb
Memphis, TN
3 Posts

I've replaced the TPS sensor, MAP sensor, O2 sensor, adjusted the fuel pressure from 35 to 60 back down to 43, tinkered with the timing, etc. I have a Stoich guage hooked up so I know the O2 is working, I have a fuel pressure guage so I can dial it in exactly. In other words everything I know to do and everybody I know to ask, whatever they suggested I tried with the exception of trailering it to TPIS in Atlanta which is out of the question for me. I have very limited tuning capabilities here in Memphis. Everyone says if it was an LT1 there wouldn't be a problem but no one will touch an L98 except the company I paid. Six chips later and I've got the same problem. They'd like to dyno tune it which sounds nice but if the programmer hasn't even gotten close I don't wanna waste $150/hr so he can guess and take all day to waste my dollars. I'm frustrated enough to sell my baby. I'd really hate to since even as crappy as its running now I can still embarass a c5 and I haven't even installed a NOS kit yet or changed my rear end. Once again, any help is appreciated and I am very open to suggestions.
Posted on: 2006/8/8 8:00

redeyejedi913 RE:91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Guru Newb
Memphis, TN
3 Posts

I've replaced the TPS sensor, MAP sensor, O2 sensor, adjusted the fuel pressure from 35 to 60 back down to 43, tinkered with the timing, etc. I have a Stoich guage hooked up so I know the O2 is working, I have a fuel pressure guage so I can dial it in exactly. In other words everything I know to do and everybody I know to ask, whatever they suggested I tried with the exception of trailering it to TPIS in Atlanta which is out of the question for me. I have very limited tuning capabilities here in Memphis. Everyone says if it was an LT1 there wouldn't be a problem but no one will touch an L98 except the company I paid. Six chips later and I've got the same problem. They'd like to dyno tune it which sounds nice but if the programmer hasn't even gotten close I don't wanna waste $150/hr so he can guess and take all day to waste my dollars. I'm frustrated enough to sell my baby. I'd really hate to since even as crappy as its running now I can still embarass a c5 and I haven't even installed a NOS kit yet or changed my rear end. Once again, any help is appreciated and I am very open to suggestions.
Posted on: 2006/8/8 8:00

CasetheCorvetteman RE:91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ok, well mate ive got to say i really reckon this IS the tune or something related to the tune, if all the sensors are working(and im guessing youve got the TPS set right, and you can verify the IAT sensor is close to where it belongs and also working fine), the fuel presure is right(its not leaking from the presure regulator through the vacuum line is it?), so i cant see any other answer. Do you have Data Master or Tuner Cat? About all i can think of to suggest is maybe have a talk to PCMforless and see what they reckon, Obviously the blokes youre paying are not having success with tuning, and i just cant see it being anything else. (at this stage)
Posted on: 2006/8/8 8:46

bogus RE:91 c4 w/383 stroker, cam, the works...runs really rich
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

A red flag for me would be the 30lb Accel injectors.

First off, I know only a few people who actually liked them.

More importantly, I think they are just too big for your application.

I would consider Ford Motorsports 24# (blue tops).

With a bit more PSI, they are running in the 26lb range.
Posted on: 2006/8/8 18:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.