Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (222 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C5
Abbreviation for the 5th generation of Corvettes built from 1997-2004....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Topic is Locked

Mr_Mojo Mr Mojo's 9th Annual Delaware Crab Trip Part II
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

First off, this whole thing has got out of hand and frankly I'm shocked that John and Mike would join here just to post what they post.

A little history here.

I only met John(J.P.M.) over the winter sometime after New Years at Mike's house(Medriver99), so I don't know him that well.
I helped him gain Regional Coordinator status over at CF. He does an excellent job creating and coordinating events, he's a perfect man for the job.
The second time I ever met him was in Bowling Green for Cruise In 9.(the only continous event that has run as long as mine). We discussed some of the happenings in the "Unity" cruise. I had blamed John for everything before digesting the facts. I apologized to him in a PM and again in person.
Yes there was an incident between me and him on the way home that has nothing to do with anything between the two forums or anything else.
It was simply bad judgment on my part and I apologized to him both through PM, in an open post and on his voice mail.
He says we're cool and I hope he means it as I have nothing against this man. In his own words, he is simply a patsy for this whole thing.
As for Mike, he spoke with me very briefly at my wedding about posting about my crab trip. I told him I may or may not. After consulting with some others it was agreed not to post about it.
Now I direct this next statement to you Mike if you are reading this. None of your friends were not invited. I almost posted about it, but you guys beat me to it.
I had made a comment a while ago about my dislike for New Yorkers, but what everyone read was that I didn't like any New Yorkers and that my friend is not the case.
There are specific members of the Corvetteforum that reside in the state of NY that I do not want to see or talk to if I can help it. The list is very short, it can be counted on one hand.
Now the question,"Why do I not want to associate with these people?"
Answer, because they helped in me losing my moderator privileges for doing something wrong and me doing my job. Because a certain member has "Supporting Tuner" under his name, his side was taken and he got his way yet again.
I won't mention names, but I helped this person get "NYC Events Coordinator" on CF. This person in my eyes is not a friend, was never a friend and will never be a friend to me again.
He's done so much to me (well actually only twice) that I can't trust this person for anything.
He only cares about himself even though in open threads he preaches about how much he does care, but if it came down to him or someone else for help, he would pick himself.
I may sound hypocritical in this last statement based on my actions with JPM on the Cruise In, but everyone that truly knows me that I will help anyone anytine that it is humanly possible, but sometimes things just don't work out the way they should.
As far as the rest of the people on the list, I don't want to talk to them because they were the frist to go and post like nothing happened after the shit hit the fan and savewave cleaned it up. One other person threw digs at me indirectly. I'm a smarter person than most give me credit for and the last does nothing but send me PM's telling me how I should do my job or questioning my actions. There is no need to list these people by name since most of them will probably not read this anyway and if they did, they wouldn't care.
Mike told me that everyone from the northeast misses me. Yeah, I can tell by all the phonecalls, emails and PM's that I haven't received yet.
Only one person sent me an ecard and she happens to be one of the people on my short list. I did send a reply and that was the end of that.
The only reason I ever considered making my run more private was due to the fact that I didn't want these certain people to join me. By posting on a public forum, I can't exclude anyone and by having these people join me on my long running cruise, I would be uncomfortable and I don't want to make a spectacle out of myself(although I'm doing that now).
As for people who didn't get an invite, there are many people who either don't share their email with the forum, or didn't add their name to another RC's email list(which is the one I used). I did send PM's to a few people.
As far as me snding an invite after the "Unity Cruise" was posted, I didn't even know it was posted until someone sent me a reply asking if mine was the same as that one. Only then did I realize that my idea was basically stolen from me.
Why my date was used I don't know. Had John, George or Mike called me or emailed me, I probably would have not had a problem with it, but since they took it upon themselves to do it anyway, I think you can understand my anger.
George had posted about my crab run, he didn't PM me about it, he also has my phone number, I read it much later after several dozen replies. At the time I read it, I wasn't sure if I was even going to have one yet, I was still in the process of checking my calendar to be sure the date I selected was still available for me to do something.
Most who responded stated that a July date would have been fine until someone mentioned that mine was on the calendar for June 14th.
From readin some of the replies in the "Unity" thread, most of the people are missing the point of the whole trip. It is not a Cannonball Run down the Jersey Turnpike and DE Route 1.
It is a scenic leisurely drive down the back roads of Delaware where on some occasions you can hit triple digits if you choose. It's mainly to enjoy the scenery though and that's hard at 100 mph.
The Go Karts are not the main event, the go karts was simply a time filler that got a little more popular. I decided not to go to Midway anymore because they got a little too strict with their policy. Jungle Jims ended up being(and still is) a better facility.
I see people are concerned with rain. Anyone that knows me, knows that my events go on rain or shine.
The main event is dinner at the Old Mill Crab House. I discovered this jewel back in 1994 and have been maikng runs to it with my friends ever since. 2000 was the first year that I brought my Corvette buddies along. It was never posted on any forum, I don't think I even posted about it until the third one.
Bottom line, I don't care if you guys make this run or not, I just wish you would either pick a different date or location to avoid any conflicts between our groups. But now it doesn't matter since I've postponed mine due to circumstances beyond my control.
As far as me not posting on CF, why should I? I'm not really welcome there anymore ever since I got the axe. I put myslef on the block or the people in the Northeast and I got the axe. I did the same for my C4 buddies and got chopped up and banned from the site.
I have since been reinstated and occasionally visit the C4 sections, but mostly read the drag racing section.
I don't visit the Northeast Regional section since there is nothing there for me now.
I feel as if the whole area is against me.
It was never about picking sides, but a few that I've talked to have chosen to take sides and leave me out, so the chances of me posting over there are very slim.
I may be ranting here and not even realizing if I'm making a point or not, but some of it needed to be said.

To Mike, George and John, all three of you have my phone number. To the rest, if you have any comments, please email me at mrmojo@optonline.net

I have asked Andy to lock this after I post as I'd rather have criticism in private.

I was originally going to post this on CF also, but with the mods watching my every move, I've chosen not to now, so you guys can just go ahead and PM the link to this thread to those you feel should read it.

Oh, and Mike, I love the excuse about gas costing too much to go to Bowling Green.
Posted on: 2008/6/4 14:06

Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.