Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
316 user(s) are online (263 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

john57 windshield
Guru Newb
2 Posts

84 corvett: When the windshield is replaced, does the rubber gasket under the bottom of the windshield need to have a new one installed or can it be left out all together? Reason for the question! I had my windshield replaced, the glass comp. did not reinstall an gasket and they also used the old side and top moldings. The leaks down the side pillers..
Sure hope some one can answer this for me.
Thanks john
Posted on: 2006/8/30 19:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

brut RE:windshield
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

I have always had the philosophy that if it was there to begin with, it has a purpose. Many many many hours went into research at GM to make sure everything works together for a reason. Now we would, as consumers, not always find that to be true in our eyes.

WIth that said, I don't have an answer and someone else that has had this experience will reply. I will research it for you and try to come up with some info. But, if its leaking, it ain't working right!!! They need to fix it and do it right!!! Also, I have been told by numerous people that you should get genuine GM weatherstriping for the windshield.
Posted on: 2006/8/30 21:41

freakd RE:windshield
Master Guru
727 Posts

both times i've had my windshield replaced in my truck, it got brand new weather stripping, you need to have the3se people do right by you
Posted on: 2006/8/30 22:40

john57 windshield
Guru Newb
2 Posts

Bruthish and drvn2fast, thanks for the replys, believe me iam trying to make them do it right.. just wanted a little extra to throw at them.. like some facts, GM hasn't been any help at all..I did make them put a OEM gasket around the windshield, the aftermarket they tryed to stick me with was so hard in spots it messed up the adjustment on the door windows. but they don't want to take the windshield out or the trim pieces around the windshield off becouse they used sealer on them and they say it will distroy them if they take them off. So far I told them NOT MY PROBLEM. and to get it done right.. But a bright spot showed up yesterday. They did bill for the items but did not put them on...hummmmmmmm... so will talk to them about that.. when i talked to them the first of the week they were still hard nose about not needing the rubber under the windshield.
Well i will stop going on & on & on..
Thanks again..
John.
Posted on: 2006/8/31 22:46

brut RE:windshield
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

If you have an invoice charging you for those items, and they didn't replace them, I think you have a lot to throw at them. I hate to say it, but if they don't give a sh!t about you and your car, play hardball and threaten to sue for your money back....they will lose the windshield AND your money. SOunds like they are just lazy and forgot to put it in and don't want to re-do it.
Posted on: 2006/8/31 23:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.