Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
221 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Flashman Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

Hello All,

I am new to the forum but I would just like to let you know that my experience is in Auto Detailing and Automotive cleaning chemicals. I have been a Professional Detailer for about 25 years. But since 1999, I am an Automotive detailing chemical manufacturer. I have alot of experience in this field and if any of you need some advice on cleaning applications, wheels, paint defects, swirls, wet sanding, interior cleaning etc. Feel free to post or email me.Take care.

Joe Carollo - Flash Auto Detail Products
www.flashwax.com
Posted on: 2008/7/27 4:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Mekanic Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

FLASHMAN!!!

Welcome brother!

I'm still exclusively using your products, and making all my friends try them haha.

I'm in desperate need of more Aqua Gloss and Brown Royal as soon as I get some cash, expect a call!
Posted on: 2008/7/27 4:57

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

Matatk Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

Flashman wrote:
But since 1999, I am an Automotive detailing chemical manufacturer.

I think what he's trying to say is free samples for CG members! JK

I'm sure we'll be calling on your expertise soon.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/7/27 12:57

biggrizzly Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Yep... I got a front bumper that needs some serious detaling. I'll send you some close-ups one day, and get some suggestionsa.

Cheers
Posted on: 2008/7/27 16:48

kentucky_vetter Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Senior Guru
somerset, ky
154 Posts

Have some bad swirl marks on my black 93 that I could use some expert advice on. Also you link wont open for me !
Posted on: 2008/7/27 17:18

Flashman Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
FLASHMAN!!!

Welcome brother!

I'm still exclusively using your products, and making all my friends try them haha.

I'm in desperate need of more Aqua Gloss and Brown Royal as soon as I get some cash, expect a call!

Hello Rich,

How are you doing? I thought your user name looked familiar.
If you get a chance and you are in my area, stop down at my store. I was thinking about inviting some Corvette folks down and have a Corvette Detailing day on a Saturday. We can polish the vettes and try out some new products. Talk to you soon.

Joe-Flash man
Posted on: 2008/7/28 0:36

Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

Flashman wrote:
But since 1999, I am an Automotive detailing chemical manufacturer.

I think what he's trying to say is free samples for CG members! JK

I'm sure we'll be calling on your expertise soon.

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

We offered free samples on Corvette Florida last year. I can run that offer on this forum if I get permission from C4 GURU adminstrators. The only charge would be for shipping only. The reason for that is because we cant take the shipping hit anymore. Our operating costs have increased by about 25% or more. Because of the increase in fuel cost, raw materials, plastic containers, labels, etc. have been steadily climing. We now receive increases for raw materials to make the products every 3-4 weeks. But, we are holding to our prices and sell concentrated products that are very cost effective for our customers. I will put a sample program together if I can get approval from C4 GURU. Take care.

Joe-Flash Man
Posted on: 2008/7/28 0:50

Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Yep... I got a front bumper that needs some serious detaling. I'll send you some close-ups one day, and get some suggestionsa.

Cheers

Hi Don,

What is the problem with the front bumper? A common problem we have here with front bumpers & mirrors in Florida is bug damage. We have those friendly LUV bugs that come out a few times a year. I suggest to people to clean those bugs off the bumper within 24 to 36 hours or your clear coat is toast. The body of the dead bug releases a chemical that will eat into the clear coat of painted bumpers. The same thing happens with bird droppings. If the vehicle sits out in the sun, it will damage a paint finish a lot quicker. This paint damage can happen in all US states. The only way to repair it is to repaint the bumper. It can be wet sanded also, but it may not remove all the damage. Send me some pictures of your paint situation and maybe I can be of some help. Thanks.

Joe-Flash Man
Posted on: 2008/7/28 1:03

Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

Quote:

kentucky_vetter wrote:
Have some bad swirl marks on my black 93 that I could use some expert advice on. Also you link wont open for me !

Hello Kentucky Vetter,

How did you Corvette get swirl marks? Do you take it to a car wash? Did you use something abrasive on it? Dry towel, a compounding agent. Do you wax your car periodically? Have you tried to remove the swirls with a cleaner wax? The reason I ask these questions is that I need to know if they are light swirls or severe swirl marks? Severe swirl marks will not be removed by using a cleaner wax. You must cut the swirls down first, then polish and finally wax. Do you have a picture of the car? You can also copy and paste the link to my site. Thanks.

Joe-Flash Man
Posted on: 2008/7/28 1:13

Qack Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Senior Guru
Raleigh, NC
274 Posts

Joe-Flash Man,

Welcome to the site. Got a question for you. A previous owner used touch up paint on my car that is a much darker red than the actual color, and he used the "blob" technique. The paint sits on top of the old finish. I don't know how old the repair is.

Is there a safe way to remove the old paint before doing a quality repair?

Qack
Posted on: 2008/7/28 1:17

Mekanic Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:

Flashman wrote:
Quote:

Mekanic wrote:
FLASHMAN!!!

Welcome brother!

Hello Rich,

How are you doing? I thought your user name looked familiar.
If you get a chance and you are in my area, stop down at my store. I was thinking about inviting some Corvette folks down and have a Corvette Detailing day on a Saturday. We can polish the vettes and try out some new products. Talk to you soon.

Joe-Flash man

Been doing okay, made my own site and have been real busy with that. Still very broke tho lol.

I'll be sure to make the trip sometime, sounds like fun, and anything to make most of my paint look a little better for a little longer would be awesome.
Posted on: 2008/7/28 5:43

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

Quote:

Qack wrote:
Joe-Flash Man,

Welcome to the site. Got a question for you. A previous owner used touch up paint on my car that is a much darker red than the actual color, and he used the "blob" technique. The paint sits on top of the old finish. I don't know how old the repair is.

Is there a safe way to remove the old paint before doing a quality repair?

Qack

Hello Qack,

You can use a cleaning solvent like laquer thinner on a rag with your finger to remove the old paint. Do not continuously rub on the clear coat with laquer thinner because you will eventually burn thru the clear coat. Just focus on the areas with the old touch up paint. You can use a less agressive solvent like Xylene and it will be safer to use. You can pick Xylene up at home depot. Take care.

Joe-Flash Man
Posted on: 2008/7/28 12:55

rsawyer84 Re: Detailing Tips from Flash Man
Guru Newb
Trenton MI
38 Posts

what is your thought to do with this hood?

Attach file:

jpg  Hood.JPG (55.49 KB)
1673_489903ac3cf6e.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2008/8/6 1:51

Senior Guru
Tampa Bay, Florida
174 Posts

LOL. My thought is sand it down, fix any dings in it, prime it and paint it. Theres nothing that can be done except refinishing it.

Joe-Flash man
Posted on: 2008/8/7 12:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.