Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
253 user(s) are online (212 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Transverse Leaf Spring
(TLS) A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it functions similarly to two ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

teebee Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Well, I'm late to the party here. I started with a C2 (64 coupe) 35 years ago. Once I sold that, I knew one day I'd have another. After the third daughter was married off, I decided it my time and bought a C4 and drove and modded it (lightly) for nearly 5 years. The wife and I decided that it was time to move to the C5.

I can't say that I regret the move. I loved my 94 and still like the fourth generation Corvettes (really love all Corvette). But the fifth generation cars are way ahead in many respects. The sixth gen cars are steps ahead of the fifth gen and the next generation, I'm sure will have a step up on the sixth. It's the way things are. Improvements come In every new model.

Would I like to own a C6? You bet, but I doubt it will happen soon. Right now I'm satisfied with the 01.

Ideally, I love to own at least one of each generation. But unless I win the lottery, that isn't going to happen. (you got to play to win, and I don't play much).
Posted on: 2012/7/8 19:53

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

SpectatorRacing Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Me. I regret not doing it years ago and instead dumping money into the C4. I am looking at a C5 now to race because I don't want to take the C6 off the street, it's too damn awesome getting to drive it everyday...and it's the "crappy" 2005 year that nobody wants.

Good, I'll keep it.
Posted on: 2012/7/9 3:06

Virginia91C4 Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Guru Newb
Richmond Va
24 Posts

I love all Corvettes and what they stand for. I gotta say I've been through a lot with my C4 and she always gets me home and really am happy with the car. Yes when I pull up to a light next to a C6 all I can do is smile performance wise but I learned a long time ago there's always faster but none cooler then a C4. Oh and yes I would buy a C5 or newer but wouldn't give my ol girl up for nothing.
Posted on: 2014/5/22 21:02

Virginia91C4 Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Guru Newb
Richmond Va
24 Posts

I love all Corvettes and what they stand for. I gotta say I've been through a lot with my C4 and she always gets me home and really am happy with the car. Yes when I pull up to a light next to a C6 all I can do is smile performance wise but I learned a long time ago there's always faster but none cooler then a C4. Oh and yes I would buy a C5 or newer but wouldn't give my ol girl up for nothing.
Posted on: 2014/5/22 21:04

Matatk Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22802 Posts

I really like the C7s....I just don't like the price tag
Posted on: 2014/5/22 23:37

GRIS Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7625 Posts

SAW MY FIRST "FO SHO" C7 TODAY AND THEY DO LOOK BETTER "IN PERSON" THAN IN PICTURES. NICE LOOKING CAR, BUT NOT AS GOOD LOOKING AS MY '87.

AS LONG AS I CAN GET PARTS I'LL STICK WITH THE C4'S.
Posted on: 2014/5/23 0:25

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

pianoguy Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I still haven't seen a C7 in person. On the way home this afternoon, I didn't get out of 2nd gear until I was halfway home and got a nice left leg workout, so I was jonesing for an automatic. There is a nice '09 3LT automatic with 10k miles at a local dealership. Tempting to look. I have to keep thinking about how nice it is to have no payments and $55 license plates and how it sits under a cover for 5 or 6 months at a time in the winter.
Posted on: 2014/5/23 4:06

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

You can resist anything but temptation Brad...so go take a look....its probably not even black.....
Posted on: 2014/5/23 12:59

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

screamin_conure Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

The president of my former Corvette Club just bought a Velocity Yellow / Black '14 Stingray Z51 ragtop. I got a chance to sit behind the wheel this past weekend at a local cruise-in. The car is beautiful, inside and out. He traded in an equally beautiful '94 convertible on the 'Ray. All he can keep saying is "What a difference 20 years makes."

For me, no plans whatsoever to break up with my '92. First, it would be financial suicide. I probably have twice what the car is worth invested in it. Makes WAY more sense to just keep driving and enjoying it. And second, the car is just part of the family now. It would be along the lines of giving away a beloved pet. There's just no way. I'd be heartbroken to walk out in the garage and not see it there.
Posted on: 2014/6/5 17:53

teebee Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Getting more of a "hankering" for a C6 as time goes on. I look at C6's for sale more and more. Found a few that I like the color/features. (an 07 3LT Atomic Orange 6 speed manual, with oak/black interior and 35K miles. Or an 08 Crystal Red w/oak interior and 24K.) If I'm going to do it, I'll need to do it before I quit teaching, so it will be more affordable.
Posted on: 2014/6/6 3:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

hcbph Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Senior Guru
269 Posts

I bought my 86 convertible last year so it's still NTM. I really don't see even thinking about changing (only way would be if I won the lottery) and even then it would be add to rather than replace the 86.
I'm pushing retirement age so I don't want car payments. I want something I can tinker on myself and not have to take to a dealer/mechanic for other than gassing it up or turning the ignition key. This one is my closest match between wants/needs and what's available within my price range.
I also wanted a cruiser that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain or drive. This one fills the bill best it can: burns regular, gets good mileage, it's fun to drive and so far has lived up to my expectations.
Besides that, I actually like the looks of the C4's better than the C5's & C6's.
Posted on: 2014/6/6 13:29

Schrade Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

I went to look at a Banana-flavored C6 last spring. An '05, 66k, STARTING asking $22.

I asked the salesman what was wrong with it. He said Nothing, and I could probably have it for less, paying cash. I was headed for the bank. I said Stick, or Auto. He didn't know, and went out to check.

Stick he said, when he came back.

I was glad. If he'd said Auto, it would be in the driveway now. (can't do a stick, after the drinker got me in '06). That's why I put the Auto in my Z...
Posted on: 2014/8/3 16:06

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: How many C4 owners are seriously considering a C5 or C6?
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14728 Posts

Still haven't seen a C7 out in the wild.....going to hit some all Corvette shows soon I'm sure I will connect there...
Posted on: 2014/8/5 0:56

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.