Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
243 user(s) are online (204 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDL
Assembly Line Diagnostic Link

The cable you use to connect to a TECH 1 or a laptop computer for diagnosis and data logging purposes....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

SpectatorRacing NASA ST / SU championship video
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

The NASA championship videos are slowly being released, here's the Super Touring / Super unilmited race:

http://drivenasa.com/championships/2008-STU_SU.html

Frustratingly enough, even though drivers in each of the 4 classes running concurrently (SU, ST1, ST2, and PT) contributed a significant amount cash to get this video made, the only coverage is of the SU leaders, with some coverage of ST1 thrown in here and there. There were about 8 Corvettes in ST2, but we got no love.

It's still a good video, I'll go back when I have a chance and post the timing of the highlights, as I'd imagine it's somewhat boring to watch the whole thing if you weren't there...
Posted on: 2008/10/30 15:16

ghoffman Re: NASA ST / SU championship video
Senior Guru
258 Posts

deleted (by me!) I will be a complete gentleman from here on out. No comments about any other vendors from me! On the other hand, I welcome any and all questions, comments, even sarcastic remarks about my company or products. I feel discussion is a good thing and that is what forums are for.
Posted on: 2008/11/3 13:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

SpectatorRacing Re: NASA ST / SU championship video
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

He needs radios. He wasn't sure if Goldberg was fighting for position or not so he had to run him. A simple "he's a lap down" on the radio would have avoided the whole thing. It was the Panoz's fault and it absolutely sucks, but at this level of racing there's really no excuse for not having the right equipment.

There was a lot of out of class racing as well. The Porsche that took out Ken in ST2 was an ST1 car, Ken Smith and Pintaric were all over him around the whole track, then he'd walk them on the two straights. If you're last in your own damn class, why do you feel the need to get in the middle of the race for the lead in someone else's? That a-hole deserved a punch in the junk.

It reminded me of the old HPDE days when the idiots in the Corvettes would hold me up in my SHO and then put the hammer down on the back straight, which was the only place students are allowed to pass...

I can't comment on the quality of Pfadt's products, they don't make anything for the C4. I can say that they are great people, they took care of us 'vette guys all weekend with food and brew...
Posted on: 2008/11/3 20:31

SpectatorRacing Re: NASA ST / SU championship video
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Highlights as promised:

3:00 - ST2 field, yours truly in 14th due to beaching it in the qualifying race in the rain

3:35 - SU / ST1 start, keep watching until 4:05 to see the big wreck, and subsequent replays at 5:00

(BTW the silver / black roadster is a Morgan with an LS7 motor.)

8:50 - Spectator Racing's first appearance behind the pace car...sporting Guru stickers on the nose.

9:10 - Restart, Popp in the blue ST1 corvette taking it to the leaders in SU

10:40 - White NASCAR powering by Popp's 557 RWHP 'vette

11:15 - White NASCAR subsequently loses it and has a wicked nice save

18:48 - SU (and overall) lead change, although the idiots missed the actual pass

19:20 - Leaders catch up to Spec Racing, who gets split as they blow by down the back straight (damn high HP cars)

26:18 to end - Popp / Goldberg battle

29:49 - the evil that men do

31:09 - Photo finish (replay since they missed it realtime)
Posted on: 2008/11/3 21:08

Matt26R Re: NASA ST / SU championship video
Guru
Powell, Ohio
76 Posts

Yeah, the video was a waste of some good beer money....Oh well. I've spent more on less.

I have to second Jon's opinion of the Pfadt's. Nice people with a great attitude. They don't have anything ready for the C4's just yet but their products are on A LOT of front running C5's.
Posted on: 2008/11/3 21:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.