Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (211 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

padrummer1 help needed
Guru Newb
2 Posts

Posted on: 2006/1/18 13:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:help needed
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would fix the injection... here is a snip of my comments for our records!

----------------------------------------------

ugh... going to carbs... that is the most bass-ackwards thinking. I don't agree with it.

And it has nothing to do with being a "purist" it has everything to do with building the right engine.

The car was a mess, fine, but there are ways to repair this. First off, I am curious why the tuner can't tune it. That bothers me. The 91 ECM is pretty good. I know it's SD, but it could be converted over to MAF, so that's not a problem.

Also, harnesses are not that expensive. I would call Contemporary Corvette, Corvette Salvage (Dino's) or Painless and see what they have.

The other option is to do a FAST system, which might be your best bet.

Unlike Rich's 84, where upgrading to a carb is a good idea, I am not so sure with later injection systems.

Carbs are not as tunable as you think. They are analog devices that work great within a power band, but that's about it. EFI is so much more linear and is capable of dealing with altitude differences much easier. It is intellegent.

Then again, you would loose much of the dash board, and the ABS might just barf. The later electronics are much more integrated, the CCM is expecting a signal so it can communicate with the EBCM... this just gets ugly.

To me, it would be easier to update the injection, fix or replace the harness and be done with it.
Posted on: 2006/1/19 5:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.