Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
215 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
« 1 2 (3)
 Register To Post

dan0617 Re: Driving Impressions today
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
You've warped a rotor?

Exactly, CC and I've had this discussion before. Warped rotors are rare. What most people feel is either a hard spot or pad deposits.

I chech rotor runout quite a bit (with a dial) on the racecars. It just dosen't happen much.

We do spin the tires or move the car 6 inches 2 or 3 times when they come in after some hot laps, especially if we're doing tire temps and don't want the driver to slow down on the inlap. If the driver does a real cooldown lap, it's not necessary.

Sitting with the brake applied after a hot stop will cause a hard spot. Yes, technically that is what it is. I misspoke by calling it a warped rotor I guess. But, with the slotted rotors I haven't had that problem. Whether it is gas, heat or both that the slot is allowing to escape, my "warped rotor" or "hard spot" problems have been eliminated on all my vehicles that I've put slotted rotors on.
Posted on: 2008/12/14 23:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 2 (3)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.