Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

Matatk OK, time to fess up...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

After reading Dan's post, I found it kind of humorous how we "assume" things about people without actually knowing the truth. I always figured he was older based on him driving the impala (aka old man's car...jk) and just things he'd said.

So here's the question: what should we know about you? Little things we might not pick up or something you find interesting. I'll go first.

Me....I'll be 29 this year, have my wife and 8 month old daughter (Samantha). Hobbies would be vettes (duh!), weightlifting, pool & darts, shooting, and grilling in the summer (and sometimes winter when I get the itch).

Who's next?

Matthew

Edit - how about locations for you people who don't list them in their profiles for some reason?
Posted on: 2009/1/25 3:20

Calm Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

In my shop, I just sprayed (oil based) prime on a bunch of millwork I've built for my kids. (I'm 53.08 years old this month btw. )

Even though I used a good respirator....I'm higher than a kite right now! (Which is good cause it saves on the beer.)

Posted on: 2009/1/25 3:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

Correction:

53.11 years old.

Oh Crap
Posted on: 2009/1/25 3:57

TommyT-Bone Re: OK, time to fess up...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I am Tommy T- Bone . I am young for my age but older. We have 2 Corvettes, 2 911s, a 2005 Silverado 2500 King Cab, long bed w/ Duramax, 2002 Chevy S10 Ext.cab, a Chevy Box Truck, 99 Yukon, a mini skid steer and a 20 ft Wellcraft (boat). A wife 6 years younger, a son (30 y/o), 10 tortoises, 3 dogs, 2 birds, an aquarium, a potbellied pig and a cat. I am a retired 29 year postal worker. Previous to that, I spent 5 years in the Air Force and a couple of years in construction. I've been working since I was 14. My father, his brothers, my grandfather and my great grandfather all served in the military. My wife and I own a small plant nursery and landscape business. Currently, I am the project manager and laborer of a significantly long honey-do list. Lost my dad to booze at 12, my sister to AIDS and my brother to an instant heart attack. My Mom and 3 surviving sisters all live in Bradenton, Florida. I have very little free time and what free time I have I spend here.

Oh ya ....... I like short walks on the beach on a moonlit night, romantic novels and a big dish of Neopolitan ice cream with chocolate suger wafers on the side.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 4:05

NC Kid Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

My name is Michael. Everyone calls me Jay. I am 20 years old. I turn 21 on June 24th. No I will not drink or get drunk haha. I enjoy weightlifting, golf, basketball, cars, and family time. I like grilling with my family. I am a very nice and compassionate person. I live in North Carolina. I have 3 older sisters. Umm, thats really about it. Oh yea, I drive a black 1986 Corvette which has given me alot of trouble. Haha.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 4:13

brut Re: OK, time to fess up...
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Great Idea!!

I am Chris. I am 35 years old. Have one wife at the moment, no kids. However, we have two Great Danes that we consider our children.

Myself and Bogus were the originators of this site(previously C4guru). I started a T-shirt business about 2 1/2 years ago. The rapid growth of that venture led me to fully hand the reins to bogus and bastett. IN addition to the t-shirt business I work full time for the local children's hospital on the transport team that travels by helicopter, plane, or ambulance across the country(mainly eastern USA) to bring sick babies and pediatrics back to our facility.

I have three vettes. My first is an '88 that my late grandfather gave to my mother and then she sold it to me. I then picked up a '76 from Ohio and then found out my new neighbor had a '71 for sale and purchased that one too.

So here I sit with no time and three projects in my garage.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 4:41
'02 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
'07 Hummer H3

bogus Re: OK, time to fess up...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

I suspect most know a lot about me...

First off, I don't beleive that is Tommy's wife. Ok?

Now, back to me... I am 43... married to bastet44. We met on CF about 6 years ago.

We live in SoCal with a three-legged cat named Gabby.

I have a 1992 Vette (temporarly dead), she has a 1987 Vette (more permantently dead, but hopeful) and a 1993 Jeep Cherokee.

For hobbies, I like photography, racing, working on cars in general, guns, audio, computer stuff & RC cars.

I have a brother and Mom in central FL. My other brother passed away in 2003 and is interred in Delaware, same with my Dad (who died in 1977).

My Dad was Polish and a WWII veteran. His parents came from the olde country prior to WWI. My Mom is British (from Ipswich) and grew up in England during the Blitz. Henceforth, I am stupid, yet feel guilty about it.

My handle is my last name, it's a derivative of the original Polish sirname, which I can't spell...
Posted on: 2009/1/25 4:56

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pianoguy Re: OK, time to fess up...
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm Brad, I'll be 54 (good lawd, it's painful to say that) in March, and have a serious hankering for Tommy's wife. The woman that had the courage to marry me almost 33 years ago and I have 2 sons, 26 and 22. For Matthew's benefit, back in the old days, I used to play in dart tournaments to make a little grocery money. I remember a hotshot from Chicago that threw nails instead of regular darts - the guy was friggin' unreal.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 5:03

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

wesmigletz Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

I'm Wes, 37 years old, and live in Burbank, Ca. I'm married to Mei, a former fetish model, turned accountant. We live in Burbank. I have an 11 year old son. The wife owns a 2006 xB release series 4.0 and a 1996 Tercel with 210,000 miles. I have a 1972 Chevy truck (my DD), 1965 Chevelle conv, a 1962 Vette, and a 1959 Vette.

What you may not know about me: I really dislike the 1962 Vette... practically hate the fuggin POS. Sure, I spend a lot of time workin on it and improving it, but I do not like it. I would sell it, but I made the mistake of using it in my wedding. My wife loves the 62.

Another thing you may not know, I'm in the process of selling most of my vintage car parts off, including an old Rochester FI and a 2X4 set-up, and my 59 Vette. Probably gonna pick up a muscle car, or a 63 SWC.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 7:08

Senior Guru
Vancouver, Canada
608 Posts

Of course, we're all wondering what the 'magic number' for the "MEI62" would be, Wes?

Just askin', is all.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 7:15

Schrade Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

I'm Chuck, 49, and single now.

Hatched in NC, moved around for dad bein' military, and went to school here after my own army stint. Ran a courier and delivery business while in school (9 1/2 years, 4 majors). Dropped out after gettin' the first degree, did business full time for 7 more years.

Sold it, counseled kids in public school for 2 years, hated that (NO cash, more paperwork than my business!!!), got back into C&D, was well on the way back to good business, then the drunk got me in a head on in '06. Insurance was in place, so I'm not doin' anything but recoverin' right now. School soon for the other degrees or for an advanced degree in the finished degree.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 7:17

Resized Image

wesmigletz Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

Quote:

Calm wrote:
Of course, we're all wondering what the 'magic number' for the "MEI62" would be, Wes?

Just askin', is all.

Not sure exactly what you're asking... I can't sell the 62. I'm stuck with it.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 7:28

Matatk Re: OK, time to fess up...
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

brut wrote:
Have one wife at the moment, no kids.

Planning on moving to Utah anytime soon??? Lol. And if you need a "kid" to help drive your corvettes around, I'm not that far away and I could be that guy!

Ok, so after reading some excellent posts, I realized I'm a slacker and didn't say much about me.

I'm originally from the Detroit area but disliked living there. Too boring. I wanted greener pastures so about five years ago I moved to Chicago. I now live in the SW suburbs there and have a beautiful home along with my wife and daughter. My entire family still lives in Michigan, but my sister lives in NY where she is a successful attorney. My mom is a HS teacher and my dad was recently laid off from the auto industry in Detroit. He is a journeyman toolmaker and has been doing that for 25 years. Economy is really rough out there. Hard to get up and move, but worth it.

I try not to get into political or religious discussions because I've learned over the years it usually turns out bad. Lol. I'm middle of the road (not too conservative, not too liberal) and agnostic.

I'm just an average guy who goes to work and comes home. I want to spend time with my family because I've learned that's the most important thing in life. As long as you can provide for them and be with them, the rest is just details. Unless, of course, your wife looks like Tommy's, then you have more to worry about

Now I'm gonna go eat a tub of chocolate ice cream and watch my tivo'd Oprah after revealing my true feelings.

Matthew

PS - who's next? I see you putz's reading but not posting!
Posted on: 2009/1/25 13:47

red_johnny Re: OK, time to fess up...
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Well names John but some call me johnny and with red hair thats where red johnny came from. 4 kids, planning on one more, 1 wife who is awsome. I like grilling when the weather is fair or raining, car audio though I dont have a car for it, motorcycleing, and remodeling as per my other threads. I have more tasks than time but I keep driving on. I am in the military who also give me more tasks than time. In between everything I make sure I spend quality time with each of my kids every day. I am by no means rich but by no means poor. I have been given alot in life and take advantage of that knowledge. Oh, I also love guns though I dont own any....yet. Should be picking up my first one next week depending on a few things. Lastly, I am 32 years young and on orders to go back to the sand box.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 14:13

bobges Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

My name is Robert Gesumaria I am 55 years old and i live in Bushkill PA, Born in Newark N.J. moved to Cranford N.J. when i was 13 years old. I am a licensed N.J. Plumber. I have a 1991 corvette and i love to drive it. Married second time 4 kids none of them at home, life is good
Posted on: 2009/1/25 14:15

DaleD Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

I'm 51, and live in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. I have been married for almost 27 years to the same crazy woman. We have 3 kids, the youngest is almost 17, (good bye child tax credit). I work as an Oracle DBA, (certified on 8i years ago). I like to golf, and like to watch golf, baseball and football on tv. I like all cars, and am currently in a love/hate relationship with my 87 Corvette. Some days I love it and want to keep it as is, others I want to sell it and buy something new and more reliable, and then other days, I want to keep and mod the 87. And I have the nerve to call my wife crazy!

A couple of things to add, after reading other's stories. I spent four years in the Navy, Fire Control Tech, (missiles). Served on the USS Chicago CG-11 and USS Sampson DDG-10.
Beer is my drink, I like heavier beer, microbrew type. And I enjoy a good cigar while I walk the dog. We have 2 very nice wooded parks within walking distance of the house.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 15:25

skirlin Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

My name is David Bigelow and I am 39.

I currently have a 20 yr daughter Amber from my first marriage and a new grandson JW just born in December. I have been with my current wife Angela since 1990 and have been married since 1994. We have two sons, Tyler 15 and Hunter 8. Angela does not share my enthusiasm of cars and refers to my plastic garage ornament as a 'TOY' which really bugs me. BTW, it is my daily driver from April to October.

I have lived here is south-west Michigan all my life, but I am really getting tired of the snow thing since I got my vette.

I currently have a 07 Malibu, 90 Jetta, 87 Jeep Comanche (my winter beater), and a 92 Corvette coupe. I have been a gearhead all my life and wanted a Corvette ever since I saw "Corvette Summer" in the 70's. Finally got it in 2007 and it is better than I thought it would be, if that is possible. Other than my vette the only other cool car I have owned was a 1969 Pontiac GTO Pro Streeted, god what monster. Messy divorce took care of that.

Hobbies, outside of cars, would be photography (Canon AE1, yeah someday I'll get a new digital), play(ed) the great highland bagpipes...I got bell's palsy and have not fully recovered, that's were I got the name Skirlin (skirl of the pipes).

Politics can be fun, I love conspiracy theories. I would describe myself as a conservative Republican but I seem to have mellowed with age because I don't get too worked up over things like I used to. My grandfather, who is an old school Democrat, and I really like to mix it up. We usually end our 'discussions' with a laugh, fun.

When I got my Corvette it created quite a stir in my family. My sister thought it was great, my parents were surprised I could talk my wife into it, and my grandfather just got a big grin, he's in his 80's and said do it now because 'someday' may never come.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 17:25

crash Re: OK, time to fess up...
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

MY NAME IS RICHARD FRANZER SR I AM 61 YEARS OLD
IVE BEEN MARRIED TO THE SAME SWEET LADY ROSIE FOR 29 YRS NOW. SHE HAS HAD A ROUGH COUPLE OF YEARS WITH CANCER. BUT SHES UPBEAT AND BEATING IT NOW.
I BY TRADE AM A ASE CERTIFIED MECHANIC. I WRENCHED FOR 25 YRS. NOW IM A SERVICE WRITER AND JOB BIDDER FOR AUTO REPAIRS. NO I DONT WORK FOR A STEALERSHIP. ITS A INDEPENDANT REPAIR SHOP.
I CURRENTLY HAVE IN MY TOY BOX{GARAGE} A 89 CORVETTE COUPE-93 COUPE 40TH ANNV RUBY CORVETTE-95 HARLEY FLHTC FULL DRESSER AND YAMAHA 350CC ATV
I HAVE 2 SONS ONE IS 39 AND THE OTHER IS 35
THE OLDEST IS TRAINING TO BECOME A COMMERCIAL PILOT AND THE YOUNGEST IS A PRODUCE MANAGER FOR A BIG CHAIN GROCERY STORE
I ENJOY DRIVING AND TINKERING ON MY TOYS. I ENJOY FISHING AND HUNTING I ALSO ENJOY A GOOD COLD BEER AND MY JACK DANIELS WITH TONIC WATER AND LEMON AND A GOOD CIGAR
Posted on: 2009/1/25 19:11

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Wow! Looks like vette ownership makes for stable family life (compared to the rest of the populus). And I didn't even include mine.

Dad and stepmom are live near here, stay in Fla for winters. Dad is retired moderately decorated army officer (Green Beret), which type makes more for soldier than family man. And gramps was decorated by Eisenhower, Who's Who '74, doctor, dental surgeon, etc, and neither was happy with me runnin' a business, didn't matter how much cash was comin' in. Didn't help that sis is managin' her own home depot in Ga now either.

So as fate will have it, back to school.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 20:01

Resized Image

Jeffvette Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Well let me add my little life story.

About to be 32, single, own a 1990 ZR-1 #220 with a 368 ci and several mods, a 1991 coupe race car with a LS1 mated to a T56.

I went to Military boarding school in Virginia while I was a resident of the state of Alaska for high school. Went to the University of Mississippi for college. After graduation I moved to Portland, then to Seattle had a gf that drove me to the brink of bankruptcy. Went back to school for a summer session to screw around and get away from the bitch.

Moved back to Portland, stayed there for 2 years, then moved back to Seattle and spent 2 years working for the bankruptcy court (My background is accounting. Moved back to Portland and started work for a local tech firm running their QA lab. After 3 years there i quit and opened up my own shop working on ZR-1's mainly, but on all C4-C6 cars.

Currently travel the ALMS circuit in the summer, will be hitting the 24 hours of Le Mans this summer and am leaving for Panama in 5 days.

Some of my work on the ALMS.

http://www.badboyvettes.com/186
Posted on: 2009/1/25 21:16

DaleD Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Blade_1 wrote:
Wow! Looks like vette ownership makes for stable family life (compared to the rest of the populus). And I didn't even include mine.

Or maybe divorce negates the ability to have such a toy?
Posted on: 2009/1/25 22:00

C4DERF Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

Fred is my name, married for 34 years in March to the same fantastic woman. We have a son 33 and a daughter 28. Daughter was hit by a drunk driver in Oct 08, spent almost 13 weeks at Erlanger hospital in Chattanooga and is now staying with us as we provide her home care. Her recovery time is still unknown due to the extent of her injuries. I spent 17 years in the US Army Signal Corps then another 18 years working for the army as a civilian (Instructor). I am involved in teaching IP based communications to our warfighters around the world. Deployed to Afghanistan 03, iraq 04 and Kuwait in between. Hobbies: fishing for large mouth bass, deer hunting, cooking on the patio, spending lotsa time with my family and of course driving my 94 vette when weather permits. As a young boy my dad sold chevies part time and he came home one evening with a 63 triple black vert. He took me to school the next morning in the vette and it was great! We lived 25 miles from the school so it was a nice country road ride to the city. Ever since I have had a deep passion for all vettes. My dream was a 67 427, 4spd coupe in Lemans Blue with white interior. As I got married I told the misses my dream is to own a vette. But I would not get one till our children were grown and on their own. In Feb of 07 I found the C4 I really like, LT1 coupe, auto, FX3, Polo Green Met II w/beige interior. Within a couple of years I am going to add a C6 coupe (Daytona Orange/cashmere) to the garage.

As a side bar I now understand why Tommy-T looks so haggered all the time, tyring to keep up with his spouse!!

Jeffvette, Panama is where my dad took for the ride in the 63! Have a good time there and bring back some fresh Ceviche and patacones.....
Posted on: 2009/1/25 22:08

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

BrianCunningham Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

This thread reads like and AA meeting

Hello, My name is Brian Cunningham, I own a Corvette...
Posted on: 2009/1/25 22:09

C4DERF Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

And this knowledge is from first hand experience????
Posted on: 2009/1/25 22:27

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Who me? No?

Confessing something there?
Posted on: 2009/1/25 22:32

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

I thought Jeff was married for some reason. Ha! Good posts, guys.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/25 23:37

TommyT-Bone Re: OK, time to fess up...
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

You've been there too, Eh?
Posted on: 2009/1/25 23:40

Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I thought Jeff was married for some reason. Ha! Good posts, guys.

Matthew

In theory I should be. She turned out to be broken like all the others.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 23:50

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

You've been there too, Eh?

Not so far
Knock on wood

Mod $$$ keeps me sober
Posted on: 2009/1/25 23:55

rebelz Re: OK, time to fess up...
Guru Newb
Anchorage, AK 99502
1 Posts

My name is Richard and I'm a Vetteaholic.
I met my wife on a blind date in May 1968, married her as soon as she graduated from high school in June 1970. We've never been apart more the 8 days since. I was a rock and roll guitarist singer in the 60's and early 70's but knew I would need something to fall back on. I went to school and got an engineering degree. After my daughter was born in '74 I gave up playing for a living and went to work in engineering. My son was born in 1980, and we decided 2 was plenty. I've always loved Corvettes, but didn't buy one until I retired in 2007. My dream since '89, has been to own a C4 ZR-1, I bought my '92 Z and have had a Permagrin ever since. Nice to meet everyone.
Rich
Posted on: 2009/1/26 4:17

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Holy COW! I didn't even put anything about the vettes I've owned.

'87a, red (yech), education in vacuum leak detection AND REPAIR. Ran like a top when traded.

'94a, black, education in electronics protocols. Runnin' like a top. Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/1/26 4:21

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Welcome to the site, Richard! Nice color on the Z, too. Post up some pics in C4 photos when you get a chance. You can use a photobucket account if you like, that's what I do. If you're not too familiar with the process, shoot me a pm.

Matthew

BTW - any music we'd know, or all local stuff?
Posted on: 2009/1/26 13:21

biggrizzly Re: OK, time to fess up...
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Hey All, Great Thread Here!

My name is Don Haller. I'm 48 YO and married to Kathie my spouse for 16 years this month. We have no children but sometimes wish we did. I grew up in Maryland near Annapolis and received my undergrad degree in Industrial Education, as I was going to teach machine shop and auto mechanics but wound up as a Manufacturing Engineer for Westinghouse Electric until 1992 when I transferred to another job in South Carolina at the Savannah River Plant Nuclear Facility. There I still worked for Westinghouse but moved over into their training & development department teaching radiological protection, contamination control, and various mechanical courses that related to work in and around a nuclear facility. I love the field of Training & Development as it is much more laid back than any Engineering Department I worked in before. I went back to school in 2000 and earned a Masters Degree in Adult Education and eLearning. Since I was a computer geek from the time that the PC was invented, it was only natural that my training job would lead in that direction and I wound up developing and authoring web-based training courses for the Department of Energy at the Nuke Plant. Fast Forward a few years and we moved back to Maryland so my wife who is a Computer Security Analyst could take a job in Washington DC. I currently design and build web-based training products for the Air Force, Office of Special Investigations HQ in Andrews AFB Maryland. They are the Air Force equivalent of NCIS for those that don’t know.

I have rebuilt several Camaros in over the years and always wanted a Corvette. I bought my 1994 coupe in Atlanta back in 2000 or 2001 while there taking a week long training class. I drove it home and told the wife to come out and check out my new car!!! You should have heard what she had to say!!! Woo Weee, she was hot.

I have since then became very engrained into the Corvette Culture and have belonged to two clubs, NCCC Governor for a couple years, and now Club President for Corvette Club of America.

Lastly --- another passion of mine since a kid, was playing, out in the waters around the Chesapeake Bay. I had a small speedboat before I had my driver’s license, so I can say that I truly love the water. I haven't owned a boat in over 20 years and have always wanted a sailboat. So I recently bought a real nice used 25' C&C sailboat that I'm resisting to get as obsessed with as the Corvettes.

Sorry for the long lines. Take Care.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 15:08

bogus Re: OK, time to fess up...
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Quote:

rebelz wrote:
My name is Richard and I'm a Vetteaholic.
I met my wife on a blind date in May 1968, married her as soon as she graduated from high school in June 1970. We've never been apart more the 8 days since. I was a rock and roll guitarist singer in the 60's and early 70's but knew I would need something to fall back on. I went to school and got an engineering degree. After my daughter was born in '74 I gave up playing for a living and went to work in engineering. My son was born in 1980, and we decided 2 was plenty. I've always loved Corvettes, but didn't buy one until I retired in 2007. My dream since '89, has been to own a C4 ZR-1, I bought my '92 Z and have had a Permagrin ever since. Nice to meet everyone.
Rich

Rich - Welcome aboard!

Did you ever gain fame for being a rock-n-roll guitarist? Or was it a fleeting thing? Curious!

I love the 2nd coming of the ZR1... I would love to have one, too.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 15:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

BillH Re: OK, time to fess up...
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'm Bill and I'm not sura how old I am. I quit counting when I was 26. My birthday is on a national holiday and I figured that with everyone else celebrating, I didn't need to.
I have a B.S. in Automotive Engineering and designed construction equipment for Ingersoll-Rand for 4 years. Naturally, with an automotive degree, I went to work in electronics for the rest of my career.
Not counting trucks and one Datsun 260Z, all I've owned and driven are Corvettes. I bought my first, a 63 Z06, when it was only 7 years old. I was very involved in Corvette clubs and NCRS for a long time.
All my spare time revolves around racing. I was crewing when I was 14 on drag cars when the Indy Nationals was the only national race in the country. I've raced cars, karts, and bikes including the Pikes Peak Hillclimb. I've been a driving instructor in a pro school, worked in various race shops.
Two years ago, I did 42 weekends or weekdays at the racetrack as a driver, crew or instructors. I'm more laid back now, just private driver coaching, playing with my racecar, Vettes, crewing vintage NASCARs and volunteering at SCCA races (licensed tech inspector).
Posted on: 2009/1/26 15:45

CentralCoaster Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Kevin, 28, mechanical engineer, work in plumbing/hvac design and litigation, bought my 85 vette in 2002, graduated in 2003 from Cal Poly SLO, I own an upside down house, my g/f pays me rent , and I spend most of my free time lately riding motorcycles with her, snowboarding, drinking, playing with RC cars, racing indoor karts, and working on the vette and doing HPDEs a few times per year. Used to do lots of drag racing and group canyon runs in the vette, but lost interest.
Posted on: 2009/1/26 16:00

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Here' my Bio, I can't update it with the my job at Lycoming engines or the fact that I just got elected president of my Corvette club, because the forum has all the homepages locked out.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/bcunningham/bio.html
Posted on: 2009/1/26 19:59

Epimax Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Cool Topic!

Well, for what it's worth:
David, 44..
I've been married for 20 yrs (We've been together 25yrs) and we have 1 daughter (19mo old!). Yep, lets call it an 'unexpected blessing', because I never planned to have kids, but God had other plans!
With that said, I now couldn't imagine life without her, but it was (and still is at times!) a BIG adjustment!

What else...I've worked for a Pharmaceutical CRO for 18 of the past 20yrs. Took a 2 yr absence back in 1998 so we could move back to Louisiana so my wife could be with her Mom during her fight with cancer. During those 2 yrs I worked on a gas pipeline in Iowa for about 6 weeks, then obtained my CDL and drove tanker trucks across county. I hated being away from home, so I found a job with Borden driving a transport across La, Ark, and Miss (home daily-good job!). Also during that time I worked on my father-in-laws farm, driving tractors/combines/cotton pickers/the works! Although times were tough during that period, looking back I enjoyed my work much more than the 18yrs in the pharmaceutical industry combined...

Anyway, we returned to NC in 2000, because we just couldn't make ends meet in La. Been here ever since..
I lost my younger Brother to cancer 3 years ago, and my wife lost both her Mom and Dad within 1 year. Actually, her Mom and Dad passed away on the same date, exactly one year apart. What are the odds on that?

My wife is now a stay-at-home Mom, so without her income things are a little tight at times, but it's worth it. Our daughter is only going to be young once, so we didn't want to miss it. (Cuz we SHORE ain't having anutter!!)

Interests include, but are not limited too...The Vette, boat, guitars, drums (not used much right now!), and other stuff...
Posted on: 2009/1/26 20:19

Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Where is everybody else......
Posted on: 2009/1/28 6:57

Epimax Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Jeffvette wrote:
Where is everybody else......

Man, your avatar is killing me!! There is, without a doubt, a plethora of fine avatars on this site!!!
Posted on: 2009/1/28 11:16

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

TTT!
Posted on: 2009/1/30 0:21

volzfan Re: OK, time to fess up...
Senior Guru
Kingsport, TN
306 Posts

My name is John Larkin, I am 53 years old, married to the same fine lady for 34 years. I had a '68 'Vert, 427 4-speed when we married, and let it go when we were expecting our first child (Trae1976). We also have a daughter, Erin, who lives in Nashville now (aspiring singer/songwriter).

I have worked in Printing/Book Manufacturing all my adult life, and currently I'm Manufacturing/Maintenance Manager at a small book plant.

Lived in these Tennessee hills (and nice curvy roads) all my life. Aside from being a "gearhead" (we (Trae1976 and I), do 90% of all work on his C-3 and my c-4), I play golf, build scale models and do hobby "home machining" (Sherline lathe and milling machine), and love University of Tennessee Football (did my screen name give that away?)

Oh yeah, I am webmaster for our newly formed Corvette Club, "Vettes of the Smokies".

Pretty boring, really, but then that's just me......

Posted on: 2009/1/30 14:47

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

I love the father-son tag team. Very cool.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/30 23:45

flyboy Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Well, here goes.... Name's Joe,59,vet(drafted),married since '74, 35 years union carpenter, been remodeling the same two 110yr. old buildings in downtown Chicago for 32yrs. My building can be seen in the movie "Dark Knight" Batman when the semi crashes, "Starbucks" sign. Two daughters, 28 and 25. Melissa gets her phd. in meteorology at O.U. in May. She storm chases. Susan straightened herself out, thank God, and now works as a phlebotomist. I have always loved cars, guns(especially muzzleloaders) and fishing. I had thought I was finished with the car hobby. I never thought I'd own a Corvette. I bought my '91 about 2 years ago about the same time I had to give up the sauce etc. or die. Never could moderate. I got lucky and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, plenty of pocket money to spend on my toy. My vette makes all the other cars I've owned seem so boring. I don't plan on ever selling it.
Posted on: 2009/1/31 2:02

pr0zac Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

my name is josh, i am 29 for about two more months. i am single never married. started off working at a john deere dealership when i was a 15. then at 17 got a job at an auto body shop/repair shop doing everything from taking off fenders to changing motors. joined the air force at 18 as a refueling vehicle mechanic. 7 years into it they changed my job involentarily so i changed my mind about being a lifer. got out a year later when my enlistment was up. went to work for an excavation company in new york doing literally everything the business had to offer. now i am living in florida looking for my next job.
Posted on: 2009/2/3 0:21

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

TTT for the new members to chime in!
Posted on: 2009/2/13 13:59

Sweet90 Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Well I must be the token Canadian.Resized Image

My name is Jim 54 years old married(same wife)with 2 kids (30 & 28)and now have 2 grand daughters, Kaylie is 3 and Chloe just born on Feb 6 this year.
I live in Edmonton Alberta (yeah it's freakin' cold here today) and have a family business with 2 branches in Alberta, and 3 branches in British Columbia.
We have a huge presence in the Tar Sands and are the major wire rope supplier for the huge mining shovels and draglines.

I own a 1990 Dark Red Coupe and my wife has a 06 Infiniti FX45
(Nice car for a ricer). We are pretty much debt free except for spoiling my grand daughters and looking to buy a place in Ixtapa Mexico this year.

Jim
Posted on: 2009/2/13 16:25

BeachBum Re: OK, time to fess up...
Master Guru
751 Posts

I am 44 years old, employed at the same company for 21 years which is a CNC control manufacturer. I work with the Machine Tool Builders and System Integrators of every shape and size all over North America on a daily basis. I went through all stages at the company including technical department, then engineering, then sales and now I am the Marketing Manager. I travel a LOT.... which some might think is fun, but its not.

I am married to my wife Alisa, son Kyle is 18 and just started college. Damn kid costs more than 10 corvettes !!

I have an 85 Corvette, it is my original 85, I had another low mileage completely stock 85, but recently sold it because it was in the way. My original 85 is just a weekend dragstrip bracket car that have raced for many years in various different stages of performance. I think I have tried half the combinations known to mankind on it at one time or another.

My daily driver is the fairly rare single year 2006 Malibu SS.... but will be trading in before too long. Thinking a truck, but not sure yet.

My past hobbies, I was an avid billiard player for many years and competed in a variety of 9 ball & 8 ball tournaments as well as A-typical city leagues. Not so much anymore. I love and play basketball whenever I can.... belonged to gyms with courts everywhere I have lived so far, but haven't joined one yet here at my new location in Houston. I am an avid sports fan with a particular love of college basketball..... but I like em all. The Fightin Illini are superior to your team.... whoever that is. .... btw, I "hate" Indiana.....
Posted on: 2009/2/13 17:03

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933547 ... chevrolet-corvette/page-1

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Sweet90 wrote:
...looking to buy a place in Ixtapa Mexico this year.

Jim

That will be quite a change from Canada!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/2/14 12:09

Sweet90 Re: OK, time to fess up...
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

Sweet90 wrote:
...looking to buy a place in Ixtapa Mexico this year.

Jim

That will be quite a change from Canada!

Matthew

No just a vacation place to spend a month or so
during our long cold winters. Global warming ..... right!!!!

Jim
Posted on: 2009/2/14 15:37

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.