Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So I have these plane tickets for the wedding in August. Unfortunately for me, the wedding was pushed back to next year in October (due to economy, etc) so I'm stuck. Called orbitz, they want $180 each to change the $290 tickets....hmmm....no thanks. Call Continental and was on hold for 35 minutes...my phone has a timer on it....35 minutes. I talk to a guy and he says, we can rebook them if the other flight is within 331 days. Huh? Well, the rescheduled wedding is 10/2/10. No go there. So I ask him what to do. He said if he cancels the tickets there is a $150 fee per ticket. Say what? For what? What physical service did your airline provide that's worth $300 for a flight I'm not even taking and I'm canceling 2 1/2 months in advance? They weren't even paper tickets. You guys did nothing but still want my $300. BS. Guy was nice, though. He told me to call a different customer care # and tell them what happened and they might cancel the ticket and credit an account to use later. That's all I want. I'm not out to screw anyone here. But the airlines wonder why people hate them. $15 baggage fee, this restriction, that restriction, $300 cancel fee, blah blah blah. Stupid policies like this are what piss people off. I'm not canceling a day before the flight - that I understand. But canceling over two months in advance is a long time to sell a seat, they should have no trouble.

:ace:

I'll see what happens when I call them later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/6/9 11:54

skirlin Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Good morning everyone. Matt, that is BS on a major scale. If you wait until the last minute they gouge you but that ranks up there with last minute cancellation. Go customer service. Does the government run the airlines too? This screams customer service government style.

Not much happening here, kinda cool this morning. I've been considering joining the local Corvette Club but I'm not sure I fit the profile. Hmmmmm. Have a great day everyone.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 12:43

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Matt, that really sucks. Basically they got your money, they want to keep it and they want you to pay again...seems simple enough to me...it sucks but that is the way things tend to run now-a-days. I hope you can find someone to help you out. Have you considered putting them on craigslist or the like?

I have a good day planned. The grandsons will be here shortly, but the older one has weights this morning, the other two have vacation bible school, so I have a pretty easy morning. The wife leaves for a two day meeting in Wichita, she'll be back Thursday, late. I have some work to do in the shop, so I'll get started on that. This evening all three boys play ball, so I'm not sure how that will all play out. Daughter will have to take one and I'll probably have to take one and the third will probably have to get a ride from someone. Summers are getting more and more complicated.

I bought some screens for the Vette. I need to try and get them put in. A couple of brake vent screens for the front air intakes and for the "gill" vents on the front fenders, I'm going to try and get them put in today as well.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 12:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

DreamRide Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Senior Guru
Springfield, TN
226 Posts

Well the fishin trips over. Got back last night. Man what a week. I'm already planning for next year. I'm gonna put a video together if anyone's interested. We took over 400 pics. Won't be using all of them, but I've gotta do a video.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 12:47

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Sounds like a good time, DreamRide!

Matt, that whole ticket scenario sucks dog balls. As far out as you are, I cannot see what the issue is. Surely they will sell the seat. Bastards!

My wife is off today, so I'm going to try and get a few things done while she sleeps in. Not sure what we'll end up doing later. Nothing much, probably.

Enjoy the day folks!
Posted on: 2009/6/9 13:05

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I slept in for a bit this morning, had a headache. Looks like the weather is going to clear up a bit for golf league tonight - mid-60's, only 10 degrees or so below average. Wheeee!

Good luck with the tickets, Matt!
Posted on: 2009/6/9 13:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Mornin' Guys

Not feeling too hot this morning. I guess its the weather. We had a lot of bad T-storms come through the area this morning and were going to get some more rain all week.

Matt - that sucks about the tickets - I had Southwest try the same thing with me a while ago. I can't remember what came of it as I was changing flight plans. I wound up paying them $75 for the change but not the larger amount they initially wanted. I hope you get this straightened out today.

You all have a good day!
Posted on: 2009/6/9 13:32

Dads90 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Guru
Pearland, Tx
318 Posts

Off this week, so I can post during the day and not at 1000 pm as usual. Played golf today, actually 27 holes, and sucked at it. No matter how hard I practice I don't get any better. My 17 year old kicked my butt, and he doesn't practice. Hell he doesn't even wake up till the last minute. I get up, shower, stretch, sun block up, flownase, advil, diet coke, load his stuff to save time. I'm on the tee box ready to go and my boy has "bed head" and yawning and complaining about it being too early (1000 am) . Ahh father son bonding, its great.
Posted on: 2009/6/9 23:27

400hp427vette Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

I need a vacation from my vacation First day back at work was a longgggg day.

matt, try to call the airline about the tickets, They seem to be more forgiving than the site that sold them at a discount.
Posted on: 2009/6/10 0:24

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Good evening everyone. Hope all had a good day at the end, and yes that is some baloney about the plane tickets.
Fishing trip would be nice too.
I'm still chasing my tail around here trying to find a place for all mother's things in my house. And on top of it all, came down with something called Pleurisy (fluid around lungs) the other day and still hurt like hell. And, busting my arse in here every night moving boxes, and in and out of attic isn't helping.
Pain meds are good tho!
Posted on: 2009/6/10 3:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good grief, blondie, the world sure is handing it to you these days. I hope you can keep your head up, and push through. Take care of yourself and listen to your docs. You don't want that to get worse!

You got some codine based meds? Good times! I can't take narcotic pain releivers. I just get all wobbly and hit the ground.

Take care, girl!
Posted on: 2009/6/10 3:20

bogus Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

It's Tuesday. That makes it 20% better than Monday.

That's about all I gots. Sad, ain't it?
Posted on: 2009/6/10 3:58

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 06.09.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good grief, blondie, the world sure is handing it to you these days. I hope you can keep your head up, and push through. Take care of yourself and listen to your docs. You don't want that to get worse!

You got some codine based meds? Good times! I can't take narcotic pain releivers. I just get all wobbly and hit the ground.

Take care, girl!

I'm really beginning to wonder in the last 12 months what God have I pissed off?
I got darvocets and a sterioid pack. But, he told me take it easy all weekend. I did. Then last night and tonight I got back at it and crap its worse. I'll be calling doc again tomorrow for more pills I guess. I never had this before. never even heard of it. I googled it, says it's normally from some other underlying condition like pneumonia or something. I dont have anything but stress. doc said that will sometimes do it too.
For Pete's sake, hand me another beer already,....
Posted on: 2009/6/10 4:02

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.