Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
215 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

freakd about the front y-pipe and precats
Master Guru
727 Posts

i'm seriously considering getting rid of it and them for the newer pipe that has none. has anyone done this??? and wht if any changes did you notice??? :thumbright:
Posted on: 2007/2/25 12:26

joesroad RE:about the front y-pipe and precats
Guru Newb
central florida
16 Posts

Removed all my cats and it sounds great. No codes or other issues. :thumbright:
Posted on: 2007/2/25 16:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:about the front y-pipe and precats
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Joe's right, but I am not a fan of getting rid of them all.

The precats are more or less a waste of space. They were put there to help cold start emissions... which, technically, are the worse ones out there... but are also the most nebulous, because their effect is done within the first mile of driving, then you are stuck with them for the rest of the trip.

My feelings are like this: We as performance car enthusiasts, are under the gun. The more we mess with the emissions controls, the more we pollute. The more we pollute, the more attention we get - the type we don'e want or need. A little self restraint and responsibility here will go a long way toward keeping the man off our back.

I don't agree with the draconian measures that CARB and other states are doing, but I do know a need exists.

And you folks in FL better keep an eye out - CA, TX and FL are the top CO producers, it won't take long before emissions testing comes back to FL. And at this rate, with the insane number of FL Corvette owners (I am sure that Fbody, Mustang and others are equally guilty) gutting or otherwise removing their cats, it won't take long for that testing to come back... and none want to hear about it. Tough. You have been warned. And as soon as the EPA withholds federal monies, things will change.

However, if the FL folks who have removed the cat start putting high flow cats back on, you could slow that kinda big brother invasion. I am not kidding. Oh, and modern high flow cats are not gonna cost you all that much $$, under $150.00 and if you do a custom setup with two smaller bullet cats (on an L98), the power loss will be under 10hp. It's that minor... add in some torque inprovment, it's worth it.

Just some food for thought.
Posted on: 2007/2/25 20:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.