Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

vetteblondie Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

And with me. And with this surgeon.
Mojo please, I’m sittin here in one of these fancy backless cotton gowns with an iv in a warm bed with squeezy things on my legs waitin to be rolled back.
Y’all have a good ‘un
Posted on: 2019/2/4 12:11

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

WE'RE ALL ON YOUR SIDE AND PULLING FOR YOU.

(YOU NOTICE I DIDN'T SAY BEHIND YOU :-)
Posted on: 2019/2/4 13:40

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SEMI-SUNNY AND COOL IN THE NATIONS, LOOKS LIKE A SEMI-NICE DAY IN THE OFFING. I'LL PICK UP SOME TRASH AROUND THE HOUSE AND RUN SOME ERRANDS WHILE IT'S NOT SO COLD.

BABY DAUGHTER IS IN A TIZZY OVER #7 GRANDSON'S SCHOOL. THE OKC DISTRICT IS REORGANIZING AND THEY ARE LOSING THE NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOL. IT HAS BEEN JUST RIGHT FOR #7 AS THERE ARE ABOUT 25% ENGLISH LEARNERS LIKE HIM AND FIRST RATE STAFFING. THE PARENTS ARE UP IN ARMS BUT I DOUBT THE BEAN-COUNTING EDUCRATS CARE.

ALLONS, GURUS!
Posted on: 2019/2/4 13:50

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...slept in this morning. We are under dense fog warning until late morning. I'm headed out to the shop.

Saying a prayer for you Letty.
Posted on: 2019/2/4 14:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

bogus Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20856 Posts

Letty - I hope all goes great!!

It's been raining its ass off for the last few days. We keep getting these series of storms, then a week off, and another series. They are sometimes called the Pineapple Express or, my fave, Ark Storms.

The Ark Storm name was coined about 150 years ago, when it rained for - get this - 40 days! It flooded the Central Valley, big time.

And it's due to rain its ass off again today and tomorrow. And we need every single drop!!!!

Posted on: 2019/2/4 14:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Ultraman Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Go gettum VB....we got your back.....er.....ok we are all praying for ya.....

I have to say rain in LA would be just the thing to go along with the Super Bowl loss...... everyone is in a bad mood anyway......

The cold has returned to our fair land.....sun is out but cold and windy......

Have a fine day Guru's
Posted on: 2019/2/4 15:38

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Had a great nights sleep going only to be sharply awoken twice. Once around 03:00 AM. Sue woke me to tell me to let the dog out as it has been barking for about 20 minutes. Guess the front door wouldn't open for her or she was too scared to do it herself. Next, an 08:00 AM call to get up, get dressed and get to a nursery by 09:00 AM for a pick up. I don't do fast to well anymore and ended up 15 minutes late. Had to have my coffee, feed the fish and pigs, $#!+, shower and brush before I left. Oh well. it got done. Her lost keys were recovered. Found in the bottom of a bag from a plant she sold. She used her security camera's to help pin down the point of loss but not before multiple hours of searching took place plus a couple of hours from me. When she went to recover her keys from the person that had them she got in a fender bender in the van. Happened after dark over in a shady part of town. Of course it took a loooong time for MDPD to show up to write the report. Gonna clean up the damage on the van as best as I can. Minor damage but damage none the less. Never a dull day. never bored. I guess it beats the alternative. One step forward following two steps back.
Posted on: 2019/2/4 15:40

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hope all is well in recovery, Letty. May you get better than the desired results.
Posted on: 2019/2/4 15:41

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

My nephew's step-dad while on vacation in Naples, Florida was complaining of heartburn after dinner. Told his wife he thinks he needed to go to the hospital. It appears at the hotel he had a heart attack. They got to the hospital just up the street which fortunately was also a cardiac hospital with supporting E.R.. While in triage he suffered another heart attack. The injected him with heparin and got him stable. He is now waiting for the medicine to clear so they can perform surgery. He'll need a quadruple bypass scheduled for Thursday and for them to plan 2 months for recovery. Too sick to fly home to Boston so they have to stay in Florida. The guy is in his 50's. And once again life shows us ...... life can change in an instant. My nephew's father, my brother, died from a massive heart attack over a decade ago not long before I retired. He was only 44.

Hey you guys ... Do you realize I've been retired from the USPS for over 10 years now? Tempus fugit.
Posted on: 2019/2/4 16:41

teebee Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Yup, Tommy, life can change in an instant. Sis called me last night, she's doing pretty well. She said she has had a couple incidents where she has broken down and cried a bit, but she said they didn't last too long and she gets on.
Posted on: 2019/2/4 18:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14706 Posts

uh....has everyone had a stress test or at least an EKG lately? I heartily (get it) recommend it. Not a guarantee but they can tell a lot from those tests especially the stress test when administered correctly.

I also throw in a Calcium heart test that measures the amount of calcium in your arteries which is plaque. The lower the score the better they are..... if the score is high then they take you in for more tests. just saying....... a good offense is the best defense.... is that how that goes?
Posted on: 2019/2/4 19:08

j3studio Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Uh … has everyone had a stress test or at least an EKG lately? I heartily (get it) recommend it. Not a guarantee but they can tell a lot from those tests especially the stress test when administered correctly. I also throw in a Calcium heart test that measures the amount of calcium in your arteries which is plaque. The lower the score the better they are … if the score is high then they take you in for more tests. just saying … a good offense is the best defense … is that how that goes?

This, and …

… one of my friends in the NCRS is a retired partner at KPMG (that's a pretty big deal). One thing he mentioned about working at KPMG has stuck with me: when he made partner, as a condition of his doing so, KPMG required a yearly check-up. I thought to myself, if they believe that, why shouldn't I—so I started getting yearly check-ups.

Posted on: 2019/2/4 20:40

Huskerland
14706 Posts

atta boy John....... I am fortunate to have through my wife's hard work as a teacher an excellent health insurance company that believes in well care. They pay for a yearly physical and blood work which has helped a lot.

Get out and get it done folks.....

So I heard today on Mad Dog Sports radio that somebody had a side bet that the LA Rams would not score more then 3 points....... yeah.....he bet 250 bucks and it paid back 400 to 1...... yesterday was a good day for him.........
Posted on: 2019/2/4 23:49

vetteblondie Re: Monday, Monday... the 4th be with you
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Thanks for tha mojo! Surgery went good he said and he didn’t have to get nearly as invasive as previously planned. I beg to differ. My sinuses burn and lots of pressure. I’m leaking the red fluid from the worst side, and have lots of stitches and internal splints. Nose itself doesn’t hurt just everything else.
Tommy is all too correct on how quickly things can change., mono talks way too. Glad to hear your sis is getting along Tee as this is had for her too.
EKG was part of my pre surgery tests. I hit 50 and they all came at me with their “tests”. Insurance also issued gift cards for yearlies.
Posted on: 2019/2/5 6:06

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.