Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I know some of you are starting to get a hankering for summertime. At least spring time.

Posted on: 2019/3/9 12:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Delivery up in Miami Beach today. A full box truckload. The nursery is firing on all cylinders. There is a financial benefit but comes accompanied by the dreaded 4 letter word. WORK. I want to start taking Sundays off of any kind of work but that seems like more a wish than a reality. I want to get started on the bathroom/fishing equipment storage shed next to the office/shed in the back. That should eat up the little free time I can pull together from working on other stuff. Have to get cracking on that soon as I don't like to do a lot of outdoor manual labor in the peak of a Florida summer. Have gureat day everyone.
Posted on: 2019/3/9 12:33

Ultraman Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

The weather here is so miserable I don't even want to talk about it.....its raining then snowing then raining....visibility is like a quarter mile....

Yesterday I went to Costco and had a hearing test and was fitted for hearing aids. I was impressed at how they do things....the test took a couple of hours by the time it was all said and done. They figure out how much loss is in each ear and what range of sound is hard to hear. Then they program a state of the art set of small hearing aids to pick up those areas and let you walk around the store trying them out...... they even have Bluetooth so your phone is heard in your hearing aids....... they want you to go down by the TV's on display so you can see how you do hearing what they are saying on them...... then you buy an new 65" QLED Samsung and then you go over to the other areas like the watches and end up buying a new Swiss Army watch...... all the time being able to hear like you did when you were a kid........ very very cool..... they have to order them because the have color choices...... I went with the Blade Silver with the chrome accents..... oh yeah....... The price is very reasonable considering the ongoing service and warrantee that you get. Can't wait till they get here........ I SAID, I CAN'T WAIT TILL MY HEARING AIDS GET HERE........ I'm just getting them to appease my wife who says I'm not listening to her or not hearing her........ one or the other....

headed back to the cave now.....hope you are getting better TBee...... have an exciting day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2019/3/9 14:20

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

THE NICEST THING ABOUT HEARING AIDS IS YOU CAN TURN THEM OFF.

CLEARING AND MILD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, STORMS DID NOT AMOUNT TO MUCH HERE. WIND IS PICKING UP SOME.

#7 UP AND ABOUT, PARENTS SLEEPING IN. GRANDMA STARTING BREAKFAST. TRIED THE SAKI #1 GS AND THE WARRIOR PRINCESS BROUGHT ME FROM THEIR JAP TRIP. UNDERWHELMING TO SAY THE LEAST.

SON'S NEW TREATMENT IS A GENETIC MANIPULATION OF THE SPECIFIC CA CELL. SHOULD BE LESS DEBILITATING THAN THE CHEMO.

KEEP UP THE FIRE, GURUS.
Posted on: 2019/3/9 15:00

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Ultraman Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

My wife said to get the ones that are on all the time.......
Posted on: 2019/3/9 20:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
My wife said to get the ones that are on all the time.......

OH YEAH :-)

SAVE THE WATERFOWL

Attach file:

jpg  DUCK.jpg (27.13 KB)
12496_5c844fc78dbe8.jpg 558X513 px
Posted on: 2019/3/9 23:44

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...was up early and out the door to help a friend with the cabinet job he is doing over in the ‘city’. He needed help with opening up a wall. He’d had an engineer come out and look/figure the size of beam needed,as it was a load bearing wall....ground floor with second floor above and a 9’ clear span. So a 6” x 12” x 10’ laminated beam was spec’ed. It was, kind of, a hefty chunk. The owner was there as well as one of his employees to do the heavy lifting. I built two temporary walls to carry the load until we got the beam in place. A 2 x 6 on each end of the beam and 4 under each end to support it. Actually, got the wall modified in about 3 hours, including a 30 minute wait on the guys’ employee to get there. So we spent the rest of the time there getting things squared away for cabinets.....I’m going back tomorrow to see if we can kick those out.

Temps were nice today, 37 at 7am and warmed up to the low 50s, but didn’t feel like it much, because the wind was howling. A chance of rain tomorrow and cooler.

Reasonable, Marcus? What’s reasonable?
Posted on: 2019/3/10 1:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

It's getting nicer in the Philadelphia area—the temperature hit the mid-40s today under blue skies.

We went to the huge Philadelphia Flower Show—the largest indoor flower show in the world with my wife's sister and her husband today.

Shortly after we arrived, a butterfly who escaped from the Butterflies Live! exhibit decided to land on my wrist. Finding it comfortable and perhaps liking the olive green of my sweater, it stayed there for over 80 minutes. I enclose a picture.

Attach file:

jpg  ButterflyGuest.jpg (152.28 KB)
718_5c84650682b61.jpg 768X1024 px
Posted on: 2019/3/10 1:21

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

The reason for working tomorrow, is my friend (former student) also farms with his dad and with the weather warming up, he’s going to have to start farming pretty soon.
Posted on: 2019/3/10 1:32

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Cool butterfly, John.
Posted on: 2019/3/10 1:36

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Saturday Chat 03.09.19
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Hearing loss I always thought was a benefit of old(er) age. Sue still tries to talk to me from across the house. I just ignore her now. No more walking to find out what she said. I'm always saying "I couldn't hear you. What did you say?" Then there is always the "I told you to do this.". To which I respond "I didn't hear $#!+.". Sue has hearing loss also. Matter of fact she had a stapedectomy on one ear. She was deaf in one ear and couldn't hear out of the other. She went through so much pain with that surgery she declined doing the other ear.

Typical conversation between Sue and I.

Tommy: Huh?

Sue: What?

Tommy: Huh?

Sue: What?

I often tell her when we are in the house "If you can't see me I can't hear you."

Posted on: 2019/3/10 13:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.