Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 44
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

j3studio Wednesday 3/13/2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Helps if I get the month correct.

It's beginning to act a lot more like March in the Philadelphia area—I'm seriously thinking of running tomorrow morning.

Posted on: 2019/3/13 13:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

now don't be doing anything crazy Big John.... I'm surprised its not raining there. It is here and more to come.....major flooding expected.

Here is how it works. We get all this rain now and it runs off to the creeks and rivers and this summer we won't get a drop when we need it....if we could just spread it out a bit....

Big winds coming also....more out in Teeb's country......some places are calling for 100 mph straight wind...... holy moly...... ahhhhhh climate change........run for your lives........

Do not squander this day Guru's.......
Posted on: 2019/3/13 13:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Ultraman Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

I love Paul Harvey.....

https://youtu.be/0SAjwF3F-4k
Posted on: 2019/3/13 13:34

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

j3studio Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I'm surprised its not raining there. It is here and more to come … major flooding expected. Here is how it works. We get all this rain now and it runs off to the creeks and rivers and this summer we won't get a drop when we need it … if we could just spread it out a bit …

We get lots of rain here, but nothing's flat, so it usually runs off safely.

On a semi-serious note, I don't understand why we don't have some way to transport water from the east to the west. We generally have so much extra here and so much of it seems to show up when it's really needed in the mid-west and west.

Posted on: 2019/3/13 13:41

GRIS Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

RAIN AND WIND THIS MORNING, 60 MPH MAX THEY SAY, RAIN OVER BY AFTERNOON. WITH ALL THAT WIND IT SHOULD DRY OUT PRETTY QUICK.

NOTHING ON THE AGENDA TODAY. THE LEFTOVER COOKIES DW MADE FOR #7 HAVE BEEN DISPOSED OF, MUST THINK OF A WAY TO GET ANOTHER GRANDCHILD VISIT SOON. IT'S THE ONLY WAY I GET COOKIES---

VOCABULARY UPDATE:

"'Need' now means wanting someone else's money. 'Greed' means wanting to keep your own. 'Compassion' is when a politician arranges the transfer."
Joseph Sobran
Posted on: 2019/3/13 14:25

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guys...woke up to light rain and wind. We are protected a bit in town, but it is howling out of town. Rosies' other nurse, who lives out in the country, called her early and said she was truly afraid to drive into town (she drives a Suburban), because of the wind. Rosie told her to do what she could from home. She ended up making it about an hour late. It is windy today...even by western Kansas standards.

My lumber truck showed up about 8:30.....he was running late, wondering whether he should even start, but decided he'd go until the wind got really, really bad. We are facing some of the lowest Barometric pressures ever seen in the state...I guess that is what is causing the horrible winds.

I've been out in the shop doing a little work, it is raining, off and on, so I have to keep the doors shut, even if I had the overhead door open the wind whipping through there would make it unbearable.

Stay dry guys, and out of the wind/
Posted on: 2019/3/13 17:46

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

We have had more rain in our area than we've had in 40+ years. And, even more due today and tomorrow with very high straightline winds. Like we need that mess. At least there aren't many leaves on trees yet, with all the soggy ground that's a recipe for some uprooted trees and damaged buildings.
Ready to get this week over with already, just want to stay home and nap.
Gris - grab a stray kid off the streets, make a deal that in exchange for half the cookies they can hide out at your house the afternoon. Tell wife that they were lost and you've contacted parents to retrieve said child. Have friend come get child later and take it home. You get cookies.
Posted on: 2019/3/13 17:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

Shhh - don't tell but my boss is supposed to be at Elite Autos, LLC right now across town putting the paint protection on that new FeRd GT that Mark Martin just bought. Not allowed to FB or Tweet it until the car leaves the place on the hauler headed back to him.
Posted on: 2019/3/13 21:56

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Gris - grab a stray kid off the streets, make a deal that in exchange for half the cookies they can hide out at your house the afternoon. Tell wife that they were lost and you've contacted parents to retrieve said child. Have friend come get child later and take it home. You get cookies.

YOU HAVE A DEVIOUS MIND, VB. I LIKE THAT---

WEATHER A LITTLE STRANGE HERE TODAY, CLEARED UP THEN CLOUDED UP THEN CLEARED UP AGAIN. WIND HAS NOT BEEN TO BAD HERE UNDER OUR RIDGE, BUT OKC AND OTHER CENTRAL OK PLACES HAVE HAD POWER OUTAGES DUE TO BLOWN OVER POLES AND LINES ARCING.

Attach file:

jpg  OH NO.jpg (37.23 KB)
12496_5c89a2c3a176a.jpg 374X450 px
Posted on: 2019/3/14 0:05
Edited by GRIS on 2019/3/14 0:39:37

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

That's what it did here all day too Gris. About an hour and a half ago the wind really picked up....it went from howling to ....whatever is worse than that. Not much rain out of this deal, maybe 1/4" in the last 24 hours.

I led "Stations of the Cross" tonight, and will do so each Wednesday evening through Lent.
Posted on: 2019/3/14 1:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Wednesday 3/13/2019
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Afternoon CGs!

Some wild weather here. Warm in the upper 60s with high winds, torrential downpours, and hail. The backyard looks like a swamp right now. Doggie isn't too pleased because we won't let him out. He'll get over it.

I have a huge lot of tools sitting on the bench. I have them listed so now I just have to wait for the right buyers to come along. Take a look if you see anything interesting.

https://offerup.co/Wm5PjdOVZU

Hope everyone has a great day!

Posted on: 2019/3/14 18:31

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.