Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Marcus, condolences to you and your family. 97 is a good long life. Doesn't make it easier, regardless.

Gris, I ended up ordering the book you recommended. Cost me a while three bucks on eBay. Came in Saturday. Not sure if the RR has had a chance to read it yet. It will only take her an hour or two. She's a fiend.

The other day I picked up a few vintage Snap-on tools at a used tool shop. Dating back to the 1920s, real original stuff. On eBay if you'd like to see some pics:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-532 ... id=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted on: 2020/2/11 14:28

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Morning guys...Woke up to a bit of snow on the ground. Mot a lot, but enough to cover the ground, but didn't stick to the roads. Hovering a couple degrees below freezing, but is supposed to raise into the low 40s by late afternoon.

We have a home ball game against our old arch rival. They've grown into the next classification up and moved to a different league, so the rivalry isn't quite as big as it once was. We'll see how it goes tonight.

I have a little custom cabinet to test fit/install today, so I best get with it.
Posted on: 2020/2/11 14:41

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Gris, I ended up ordering the book you recommended. Cost me a while three bucks on eBay. Came in Saturday. Not sure if the RR has had a chance to read it yet. It will only take her an hour or two. She's a fiend.

HOPE SHE LIKES IT; IT'S A REAL WINDOW ON THE PAST.

OVERCAST, BREEZY, AND COLDISH AGAIN THIS MORNING. ANOTHER QUARTER INCH OF RAIN LAST NIGHT AND MORE ON THE WAY. THE CHEROKEES ARE SINKING IN THE MUD.

STILL WORKING ON THE GUN ROOM, AMAZING AMOUNT OF STUFF CRAMMED IN THERE, TREASURES UNTOLD ;-)

AN APPLE ADVANCE:

Attach file:

png  iTit.png (309.26 KB)
12496_5e42c0ff94835.png 507X481 px
Posted on: 2020/2/11 14:52

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

j3studio Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4245 Posts

Good morning, all.

Another cold and rainy day in the Philadelphia area. Typical gory February weather.

Gris, 36 pictures. The finish likely is at least 43 pictures, so it's a way off—another 18 pages or so.

Posted on: 2020/2/11 15:15

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

Good morning y'all.
Cooler and dreary here again. Had a couple nice days then we're due for 4 days more of rain and 20*temps headed in.
Marcus, so very sorry for your loss, it's all too familiar. I'm glad that there was someone there, at that special time. Prayers.
My cousin in the home is getting a roommate today, she's not happy. I can't blame her. The room isn't big enough. But - two homes were taken over by DHS, ours here is doing okay, the other one, not so much. They were shut down completely. Those residents there and staff have to find a new home. A lot of them are coming here. My cousin is a 'loner', she don't do people very well. The last few that has been her room mate two have died and the staff pretty much left her to take care of them. One had a rude ass family that I still can't stand. I just asked the lady that called me to please keep these things in mind as it's HER room, not the other person's. Also her belongings are HERS, not 'share toys' this includes the fridge and TV. I want to be kind but yet don't want her to be run over or her life made miserable either.
Posted on: 2020/2/11 16:45

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Damn VB. You starting to sound like an older person. lol

Paying the fiddlers today. AT&T and DIRECTV have earned my ire. Many years with both but this year I think will be our last. The value just isn't there. The power company I will just have to tolerate. Sue wanted to go solar. I told her I was too old to recover the investment. God forbid a hurricane hit. We're self insured and that would be a hell of a hit. Thanks to Sue and her pond, irrigation, fountain and landscape lights that bill has a healthy monthly additional expense.
Posted on: 2020/2/11 17:24

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Once you go to live streaming you will wonder why you did not do it sooner. So many more choices and you only pay for what you want..... trust me on this..... Roku is what we have and there is Firestick also.... then we subscribe to Amazon Prime which we have already and Netflicks and CBS all access because I like a lot of the CBS shows and then we picked up Disney +....... like 70 bucks a month for everything..... maybe close to $80 now....still half of what I was paying for Directv...........and you can watch any show any time. Hulu live TV has every broadcast from every network but you will have to watch the ads...... just saying
Posted on: 2020/2/11 18:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4630 Posts

+1 on the streaming.
I did this years ago. When I cut the cable my friends were like ***gasp*** what will you do??? Me? More valuable crap with my time.
I don't miss it. I did for a little bit when friends would say "did you see on (xxx show) last night? Nope, I didn't. My local weather can be streamed live when they broadast and all the news outlets here have very active FB pages so nothing is missed. You can pretty much find online what you want for little to no money. I pay for Prime also but that's only like $12 a month. We use Netflix, Hulu, Tubi etc
Posted on: 2020/2/11 19:45

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

I have Prime and stream already. Mainly watch a movie a night on either Prime or Netflix. My email has been going to bellsouth.net which is hosted by AT&T and I've had that email address for over 20 years. All my billing statements and all the other crap that I have file folders for goes through them too. I can cut one of the land lines ( we have two ), one home and one for the office with computer. Taxes make up a good portion of the total bill. Get rid of all optional services like Caller ID Deluxe and prepaid long distance options. Still have to have a high speed internet provider. They compete so heavily between the two primary options. AT&T DSL or Comcast/XFINITY. Both suck and after the trial periods both can get expensive fast. Antenna TV. That's the ticket.
Posted on: 2020/2/11 21:14

GRIS Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7580 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Good morning, all.

Another cold and rainy day in the Philadelphia area. Typical gory February weather.

Gris, 36 pictures. The finish likely is at least 43 pictures, so it's a way off—another 18 pages or so.

THERE'S A WAY OUT FOR YOU JOHN. WHEN OUR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH HAD TO SUB FOR A MISSING TEACHER HE ALWAYS SHOWED A FILM. YOU COULD FILL A LOT OF THOSE PAGES WITH PHOTOS :-)
Posted on: 2020/2/11 21:44

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12351 Posts

Hey guy...we cut the cable about a year ago. Stream TV only. Started with our local provider, they had problems moving from cable service to streaming (still do I guess). We moved to YoutubeTV. They offer everything we normally watch (including our local channels) except History, so I subscribe to Philo, mainly for that. Mostly no problems (occasionally a bit of buffering, but not a regular problem).
Posted on: 2020/2/12 4:28

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Damn VB. You starting to sound like me. lol

Fixed it for you.
Posted on: 2020/2/12 6:38

CorvetteBob Re: Tuesday Chat 02.11.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi guys, late nite check in...
Marcus, sorry for your loss also. I remember losing my stepmom, she was always good at being a friend and was good at keeping the eraserhead she married somewhat in check.
I hope things go well for your family in the wake of this loss.
Have a great week guys!
Posted on: 2020/2/12 7:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.