Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
211 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

It's an early one so I'll kick it off.

I've been busy around the house. We have some landscaping projects to do in preparation of getting a new driveway and whatnot. The kids have been helping me despite their objections. But isn't that why we had kids? Slave labor? Putting rocks in a bucket is not that much fun, I get it. But it builds character, right?

Actually on that note I've decided that my tool sales have really been cutting into my family time. So I'm going to take a break for a couple of weeks. I had a fire sale this weekend and sold a considerable amount. I just have too much going on right now to devote all that time.

Tommy - glad the wife is back home. Hopefully she is recovering nicely from all of her various slicing and dicing.

I hope everyone has a nice and enjoyable Sunday.

Posted on: 2020/6/28 6:10

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14705 Posts

Kids should always have to put rocks in buckets....teaches them things.... like if you don't want to do that for a living get and education.... and Characters are made not born....

had a 100% chance to get an inch of rain last night so we .30" I'm not complaining but that is how its been going around here this summer..... but the corn looks great....

Now the 56 is running fine then will start gasping and lurching and then die.... starts right up and will run fine for awhile then dies again... I am thinking fuel pump is going bad.... its a cheap easy fix so will start there... no kids back in 56 the fuel pump was not in the gas tank. It was on the side of the engine.... I know weird right?

a nice nap is in order today...... I would like to doze off to a baseball game.....are they even playing baseball right now? Rock and roll Guru's
Posted on: 2020/6/28 12:09

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

THE SUN IS SHINING ON THE CHEROKEES AND ALL THE OTHER TRIBES. THE HUMIDITY DOES NOT MERIT DISCUSSION, LEST EXPLETIVES BE EXPRESSED.

HERE IS A CHAIR FOR TEE TO BUILD:

Attach file:

jpg  CHAIR.jpg (56.35 KB)
12496_5ef8931e5422b.jpg 480X549 px
Posted on: 2020/6/28 12:55

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7579 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Kids should always have to put rocks in buckets....teaches them things.... like if you don't want to do that for a living get and education.... and Characters are made not born....

WHEN YOU WORK FOR YOUR DAD YOU EITHER GET A CUSH JOB OR THE BOTTOM OF THE PECKING ORDER. ST PAUL SAW THE LIGHT ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS; I SAW THE LIGHT ON THE ROAD TO PAOLI, OKLAHOMA. ON A BLAZING SUMMER DAY I WAS FRYING IN A HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY WITH ANOTHER GUY, BREAKING CONCRETE WITH SLEDGE HAMMERS. HE WAS ABOUT TWO YEARS OLDER THAN ME, MARRIED, AND ALREADY HAD TWO KIDS. IN A FLASH OF ILLUMINATION IT BECAME CLEAR TO ME HE WAS NEVER GOING TO GET OUT OF THAT HOLE. I DECIDED THAT I WAS. AND I DID. I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS LUCKY TO FIND OUT WHAT HARD WORK REALLY WAS AND HOW TO GET AWAY FROM IT. THANKS DAD.
Posted on: 2020/6/28 13:07

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12350 Posts

Hey guys... Going to be hot again today...and the next three days. Over 100 predicted for the next 3 days and then cool off to 97-99 for two days then back into the 100s for a couple.

Not much on the agenda for today....I hope you have a great one!
Posted on: 2020/6/28 14:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CorvetteBob Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Hi all!
Just checking in.
Tommy, I hope your wife heals quick, and gets a break from what she’s been dealing with.
Everyone stay cool, or try to. Wanna try to cut grass, but not sure if it’s looking like rain or if it’s just sandy skies from the mid-east. We’ll see...
Posted on: 2020/6/28 14:33

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Digging ditches ...... and turning big rocks into little rocks. That's what happens when you don't get an education. Do you want to end up digging ditches?

I'm cleaning up the front yard with two guys for hire. It's hot as hades. Coming up on the half year mark. The sooner this year is over the better. Especially if they find a vaccine for the Hong Kong Crud. Well, it can slow down for December if the cruise ships are back up and running. I'm booked for then.

Ya , that's another thing you get when you don't have an education. You have to clean up the front yard with two guys for hire in the hot, sweaty, summer.
Posted on: 2020/6/28 17:14

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

That is exactly what I told my son. The other thing I told him is that he needs to learn the value of hard work and physical labor so that he will never look down on someone who does that for a living. Because I've done it before and nothing makes me more angry then when I see these keyboard jockeys looking down on someone who does manual labor while they sit in an office drinking coffee unable to do it themselves.
Posted on: 2020/6/28 20:45

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 06.28.20
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22792 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Now the 56 is running fine then will start gasping and lurching and then die.... starts right up and will run fine for awhile then dies again... I am thinking fuel pump is going bad.... its a cheap easy fix so will start there... no kids back in 56 the fuel pump was not in the gas tank. It was on the side of the engine.... I know weird right?

It's been a while since you posted about the mods. What does the car have done for an intake / fuel injection system? If you're suspecting fuel delivery issues the first step is a pressure test while driving to try to duplicate the issue.
Posted on: 2020/6/28 20:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.