Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

vetteblondie, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 21 JULY 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY---
Posted on: 2020/7/21 13:31

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

GRIS Re: 21 JULY 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

ANOTHER ICKY-STICKY MORNING, 79/76, COULD BE WORSE---

GOING TO MEET WITH LAWYER THIS MORNING TO GET OUR WILLS FINALLY DONE WITH. WHAT FUN!

THAT'S ABOUT THE EXTENT OF IT FOR THE DAY.

JOHN, A GOOD BURGER IS HARD TO FIND. ON YOUR NEXT TOUR GO BY LAKE TENKILLER AND HIS "SODA STEVE'S". AND DON'T SKIP THE ONION RINGS :-)
Posted on: 2020/7/21 13:37

TommyT-Bone Re: 21 JULY 20
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Too much to do and back ups occurring. Sunday, my birthday, my MIL and FIL insisted on coming by to wish me Happy Birthday. A friend also stopped by. All practicing mask. social distancing and hand washing as well as no unnecessary outside contact so we felt safe together. MIL has not been feeling well but wanted to come by anyway. As we sat her at the table, she was in the chair. Next thing I know ... BOOM . She's out cold and on the floor. We revive her, get her to a lounge chair and sit her down. She says she has to go to the bathroom so we help her up. Half way to the bathroom her legs go out from under her but three of us around her kept her from going down. Time to call 911. They came and checked her out. Vitals were good. She again said she had to go to the bathroom. Fire rescue started to help her to the bathroom and she starts to go down again. The team the says "Nope, she has to go to the hospital." She is doing better and will be released today. Fluid around her lungs and heart are causing the problem. Have to try and get rid of the fluid build up. Come Monday Sue has an 08:30 Doctors appointment. Doctor shows up at 09:30. Sue has an appointment for 09:30 just up the street from the first doctor and that gets that pushed back. We get to the second appointment around 10:00. Sue gets called in around 11:45 and is under their care till around 01:00. Got back to Homestead around 02:00. We left for Miami around 07:30 so Monday is pretty well toast. (I saw no other option other than to take a nap) Got up around 05:00 PM Today I slept in trying to reboot my strength. Nothing other than whatever I do is on the schedule today. I really need to get a few things done today. Especially get all the insurance and registrations into all the vehicles. That's to priority. I've only been sitting on them for a month. .... Have a great day everyone.
Posted on: 2020/7/21 15:06

vetteblondie Re: 21 JULY 20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

and apparently it has been for all y'all also. Along with having the heat.
Very grateful for a working AC unit right now. I honestly don't see how people made it years ago without it. Was already 90 on my way in this morning. Heat index of 110 due I heard.
I remember staying with my mom at someone's house she knew out in the country, no air, no commode. Slept in an old metal bed with feather pillows, feather mattress by the window hoping the wind would blow. How'd they get by?
An employee just tested positive at our local nursing home on the FIRST day of families finally being able to visit. Everyone is pissed off. My resident is beyond mad.
Speaking of, Bob - hope you stay well and managed not to contract the virus.
congrats on the dog Gris! Many memories yet to come from your new family member.
Happy belated birthday, Tommy!
We spent our weekend going to fetch a new bike for Arron, Friday I kept busy working out in the pool house, yard and in the house.
Drove to Foley, Mo to look at it, he liked it so we drove off, drove over to Tebbetts, MO and stayed with friends that night, hit a couple flea markets Sunday, headed home, due in around 11. But - nope - big storms brewed up, he rode through some horrible stuff before he saw my lights flashing for him to pull over. Sat in the truck a bit then carried on, stopped about 3 more times before finally getting home at 3am. Made for a long tired day yesterday.
Anyway, hope all is well and stay well. Bike pics attached

Attach file:

jpg  109812796_10222864687629536_6467862239282094182_n.jpg (86.10 KB)
619_5f170490b2531.jpg 720X960 px

jpg  109957823_10222864691109623_7879220220691780063_n.jpg (93.71 KB)
619_5f1704970e484.jpg 960X720 px

jpg  110981133_10222864688909568_5634557261844586929_n.jpg (106.44 KB)
619_5f1704a069d92.jpg 960X720 px
Posted on: 2020/7/21 15:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

Needs and wants. I can see how that might be a need. ;)
Posted on: 2020/7/21 16:00

Ultraman Re: 21 JULY 20
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14706 Posts

Flame paint on a HD bagger....does not get any better then that.... Damn Japanese beetles were tearing up the rose bushes so I dusted them down with Sevin insecticide powder... that should get em....

Am going back up to Soo Falls tomorrow to get a 3rd set of injectors put in the Grand Sport.... 3rd times a charm right? these are 72# units that have been flow matched at the factory and should take care of the surging the other injectors were doing...

I took the 56 on a run to a small village north of us yesterday and it was running as well as it ever has.... plus it was smooth as glass...... all good there....

Also been putting around on the 56 year old Honda Scrambler.... all good there.... really loud though... going to have to get some snuffers for town I'm thinking.... although loud pipes save lives I agree.......

taking a week off so back to doing my stuff.... enjoy your days....
Posted on: 2020/7/21 16:31

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

GRIS Re: 21 JULY 20
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7582 Posts

SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY, TOMMY.

ALL DONE WITH THE LAWYER, AT LEAST FOR NOW, GOT ALL CHANGES MADE REQUIRED BY SON'S DEATH.

IN THE NEWS I SEE WHERE THE UN WANTS THE US OFF IT'S BACK AND THE US WANTS THE UN OUT OF IT'S WALLET.

Attach file:

jpg  20Y.jpg (50.03 KB)
12496_5f1732ea3cfb9.jpg 564X846 px
Posted on: 2020/7/21 18:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33741 Posts

MIL not going home. Looks like surgery is the best of 2 options. Couple of days to pull everything together the off to the OR. Sue and I each have the Power of Attorney to act in each other's behalf should one be unable to act for themselves. If we have a shot at a survivable outcome we'll take it. If it's a lay and linger situation, out go the lights. Mom has a shot at a beneficial outcome so we're all saying do the surgery. We shall see what we shall see.
Posted on: 2020/7/21 21:23

vetteblondie Re: 21 JULY 20
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4631 Posts

I like the bike more than I thought I would. Was expecting a hunkajunk. It's really nice, a deep burgundy brownish metallic fades to orange metallic. the flames look like some kinda grungy copper that's shiny. it's really nice I was impressed. hard to capture in photos. We got it to take trips on here and there and to be more comfortable for both us instead of the nightster he has now. This thing rides like a cadillac over bumps that beat the hell out of me in the pickup truck.
Tommmy prayers for y'all and MIL that everything goes well.
Fight is on again at the nursing home. I do her medicaid reviews each year (the home normally would) and they took it upon themselves to raise her 'rent' "since they all got raises". Well she did but her BCBS also went up so I told them to quit trying to bill me for more as chances are I'd end up owing them less. They were buttholes and today I got the DHS letter, they owe me $25 a month since January. They aren't happy. Sorry - legal is legal so credit we get. I swear I'll off myself before I end up in one of those places.
Posted on: 2020/7/21 22:21

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.