Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
239 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

GRIS 23 JUNE 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7624 Posts

HI---
Posted on: 2021/6/23 13:03

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

teebee Re: 23 JUNE 21
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12359 Posts

Morning guys...Going to be warm today. Bedroom was so cool I was sleeping like a log, but my apple watch started 'dinging' and woke me up. Text message from the gal I busted my butt getting her job done, then she thinks I've overcharged her. Asking me about another handyman....you know what? Screw you lady........ but I was nice, very short but nice (because she hasn't paid me yet, and told her he was moving.

Going golfing with GS #3 this morning, before it gets too hot, then work in the shop this afternoon.

I hope, all of you, are able to stay cool today.
Posted on: 2021/6/23 14:11

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: 23 JUNE 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Can't please all the people all the time.

Got a call yesterday around 10:30. An axle broke on one of our trailers. Fortunately it was just down the street from the nursery. Sue drug it onto the grass in front of the nursery. We unloaded the trailer, then I took off the rim and tire. With no load weight we moved the trailer into its spot and called a trailer repair mechanic. He came out and measured and ordered the parts to replace both axles. It has new hubs all the way around already. Just glad it happened here and not in north Fort Lauderdale area, where the trailer was headed. Only goes to show .... It's always sumpthin.
Posted on: 2021/6/23 14:36

vetteblondie Re: 23 JUNE 21
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4640 Posts

Tee you can't please them all. Arron back in the winter (with rain and cold mind you) went to check this lady's starter. Out of town drive for him after he'd already worked all day and got home bout to sit down and eat. Bad starter, he told her get a new one and he'll come back and put it on. $40 to run up there to check it and he applies that toward the repair labor if he's the one to fix it. She wanted him to remove that one, then take it to a rebuilder, then go get it, then come back to her house and then put it on. Figure the part, plus all that driving back and forth for what ended up being 4 trips for him because she was stupid and helped her avoid a tow charge also, he only charged her less than $200. Tow truck, new starter, and all that driving (20 miles one way) plus his time out in the freezing rain and cold would've been over $500. She mass texted all her friends to bitch about it, one called her out and lined her out but she mistakenly sent it to him too. She realized it and apologized, he told her to not worry about callling him if she needs anymore help - she can pay a tow, new dealer part, dealer labor etc next time and he gave her what her total would've been. She apologized again but he was already too pissed off. People suck sometimes.
Beautiful day here again, would bout give anything to be at home, I really have no work here to do today I'm caught up so I'm just sitting here.
Progress on roof, decking is down, his brother went home early, he was tired. I just found out he's got a pacemaker so I've apologized to Arron about my fussing but still, when you tell someone you'll be there at 8 and don't show up till noon I get a tad annoyed. Arron ended up carrying up 39 bundles of shingles up to the roof by himself last night before I made it home. Then he watered my plants, helped me in the house. I told him go sit down but he said if he did he'd be sore. I made him drink a protein shake, said he'd not ate all day, too hot. I dont' care you still need to fuel your muscles. He said the protein shake acted like a recovery shake and he wasn't as sore today. I mixed my protein mix with pedialyte, tasted like orange dreamscile. He needs to drink one before he starts and another at noon. Men - hard headed...
Posted on: 2021/6/23 15:35

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: 23 JUNE 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7624 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Can't please all the people all the time.

AND SOME PEOPLE YOU CAN'T PLEASE ANY TIME.

HUMIDITY IS BACK, STICKY. GOT SOME WINDSHIELD TIME IN HARVEY RUNNING ERRANDS IN TAHLEQUAH, FT GIBSON, AND MUSKOGEE. NOW THAT THE WEED-EATING IS DONE THE YARD LOOKS LIKE IT NEEDS MOWING.

ALWAYS SOME DAMN THING, TO COIN A PHRASE :-)

Posted on: 2021/6/23 17:10

TommyT-Bone Re: 23 JUNE 21
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33757 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Then he watered my plants

I sometimes water the plants around my yard too. Don't feel like walking all the way back to the house.
Posted on: 2021/6/23 18:09

GRIS Re: 23 JUNE 21
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7624 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Then he watered my plants

I sometimes water the plants around my yard too. Don't feel like walking all the way back to the house.

ME TOO, IT ENRICHES THE SOIL.

GOT AMBITIOUS AND MOWED THE EASY PART OF THE OBSTACLE COURSE THIS AFTERNOON. MAY CUT OUT SOME MORE DEAD WOOD TOMORROW MORNING, THEN MOW SOME MORE IN THE AFTERNOON.

DARLING WIFE SITTING OUT ON ON THE FRONT PORCH; THINK I'LL GO JOIN HER.
Posted on: 2021/6/24 0:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.