Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ZF6
A 6-speed manual transmission, standard from 1989 to 1996.

Very stout.

There are two distinct versions, the original “Black Tag,” 1989-E1...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

red_johnny Arcade question for case....
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Who knows, this might help someone else one day. Case, I know you did arcade stuff before, do you have a guide or a how to book? I am having issues getting things to work and I dont know how to test anything nor do I know how things are supposed to be hooked up. I got me a 4 in 1 Jamma board which allows me to hook up 4 cards at once and remotely change which game appears on the screen. So far I have pit fighter, street fighter 2, and area 51. I am trying to get either mortal combat (any), lethal enforcers, police trainer, or Tekken (any). Any ideas suggestions, books......ANYTHING? Thanks
Posted on: 2007/10/31 11:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Arcade question for case....
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ive never used a 4 in 1 jamma connection before, the NEO-GEO boards come in single, twin, four, and six slot, which means you can put in as many games as the board will hold (4 in my case) and the machine has one harness connection on the board, which has power supply at one end (the shorter end), then coin and joystick I/O on the wider end on the connector harness.

See in the pic below where the harness connects, bottom board, starting at left end, power supply is at the left end, coin and control I/O is at the other end.
Resized Image

The other 2 black connections you see on my 4 slotter NEO-GEO board there will not look familiar to you, they are for the PCMCIA interface (only NEO-GEO machines had this)

Youll need to search around for some good forums that will be able to give you pinouts for the JAMMA harness connections, its important the power supply is correct before you turn it on, as there is a 5v rail and a 12v rail in most if not all of these.

Mine being NEO-GEO are not the same pinout, even though they are the same harness size and style, i think the power supply is the same as JAMMA, but the controls are not.

You shouldnt need a coin mech connected to it, cause you should have a button inside the cabinet that will give you a credit each time its pressed, and also there should be a few dip switches on the boards and one of them will set the coin mode to "FREE PLAY" (not all of them will have that though, Area 51 certainly should)

That is about all i can think of to tell you at this stage mate, although there is more to know, some of it i wont know for what youve got, and im not sure what you do and dont need to know.

Posted on: 2007/10/31 13:46

red_johnny RE:Arcade question for case....
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Thanks, I was wondering what all the dip switcches were for on the boards. I will definately have to get help on those. I found an arcade forum but it does not seem very helpful. Maybe I am not asking the right questions. I will have to get on them about getting me some answears I am 90% sure that the area 51/max force combo card works. They usually go on ebay for 400 or so and I got mine for 80 since the guy did not test it. I am trying to find someone local who has a test rig that I can test this board out on. I will keep searching though. Thanks again!
Posted on: 2007/10/31 16:05

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Check the wiring, make sure the Power supply is wired correct, plug it in, switch it on, it should then display a picture or at least have some sound.
Posted on: 2007/10/31 16:37

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:
Check the wiring, make sure the Power supply is wired correct, plug it in, switch it on, it should then display a picture or at least have some sound.
Well...I plugged in one card and got nothing. Of course I dont have a TV in there right now. I am working on finding a used 32" TV and using a RGB converter. SHould be pretty cool once its done but I do think I have wire issues.
Posted on: 2007/10/31 17:31

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

What is the RGB converter converting to mate? NTSC S-Video? I have one of them here. You lose abit of sharpness going that way.

Do any of those boards have a headphone jack on them? The 4 slotter NEO-GEO board has 4 of them, if youve got any that have one, connect headphones to it and see if you get sound.
Posted on: 2007/11/1 3:27

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:
What is the RGB converter converting to mate? NTSC S-Video? I have one of them here. You lose abit of sharpness going that way.

Do any of those boards have a headphone jack on them? The 4 slotter NEO-GEO board has 4 of them, if youve got any that have one, connect headphones to it and see if you get sound.
Yes for the RGB and no for the head phones. I think I am just going to try to find someone local with a test rig and bring my cards over. I may have to rewire the entire cab but if I do it will be worth it in the end.
Posted on: 2007/11/1 11:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.