Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
294 user(s) are online (253 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  MAF
Mass Air Flow sensor. Used to measure the amount of air entering the intake. This sensor works by heating an element and then measuring the rate of c...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

cor123 The Le Mans 24 Hours launches a new App!
Master Guru
936 Posts

For the 82nd Le Mans 24 Hours the ACO has evolved its application for the FIA World Endurance Championship’s blue riband event of the year. It is devoted to the race and is aimed at tablets and Smartphones, and is now available on AppStore or Googleplay.
To enable fans the whole world over to live the 82nd running of the greatest endurance race in the world on 14-15 June in total immersion, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest has brought out an application, which reinforces its position in the galaxy of the new media.
It is available for any equipment that can use iPhone or Android applications. Under the name “24 Heures du Mans” it can be downloaded for free from AppStore or Googleplay and it has two levels of accessibility.

The first includes news, live classifications, on-board cameras, cars’ positions on the track, information on the drivers and teams, reports, interviews, videos, summaries, is free.

The second is the premium pack containing live videos of free practice, qualifying and the race in full as well as direct permanent access to images from the pits: price 9,90 euros.
This pack will be available on 11th June at 16h00, the start of the first free practice session for the 82nd Le Mans 24 Hours.

All the contents of the official Le Mans 24 Hours application are available in English and French. The menu is available in English, French, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Arabic (option to be chosen in the settings of your tablet, Smartphone, etc).
This application follows the one devoted to the World Endurance Championship FIA-WEC) launched in April at the first round of the season, the Silverstone 6 Hours. Those who already have this only have to download the update from AppStore or Googleplay to take advantage of the Le Mans 24-Hours version. After this race the application will be back in world championship mode for the other five rounds of the 2014 season.

With the continuation of the Le Mans 24-Hours Web TV (on the site 24h-lemans.com), which was such a huge success in 2013 – more than 7 million visitors – the second screen offer proposed by the ACO will be as complementary as it is unique in the world of motor sport.

Watch the video presentation of the Application

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kbeuVsoZ24IFUw7Shv5

Posted on: 2014/5/29 1:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: The Le Mans 24 Hours launches a new App!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

If it works... then again, when I was using the ALMS app at Sebring, the damned cell towers were jammed!

The 9,90 euros is about $13.00.
Posted on: 2014/5/29 19:07

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

cor123 Re: The Le Mans 24 Hours launches a new App!
Master Guru
936 Posts

It it works it would be worth the $13.00. I doubt Fox Sports 1 will show all 24 hours. Can't get anyone to confirm TV schedule yet.
Posted on: 2014/5/29 19:17

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Fox is ignorant... what else is going on, that they would be broadcasting? NHL finals are on the NBC network... NBA is on ABC... College sports are all done... and Fox doesn't do baseball on there, right?

Posted on: 2014/5/29 20:57

Master Guru
936 Posts

If they can pre-empt Sebring with basketball I am sure they would do the same with Le Mans on baseball. I wish we had a designated motorsports channel and one that everybody could get.
Posted on: 2014/5/29 21:12

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We did... and now we see what happened to it... first, it was good... then NASCAR took over... and now we have nothing...

ugh...

MAV TV!!
Posted on: 2014/5/29 23:18

Master Guru
936 Posts

I checked MAV TV and supposedly it is offered by Comcast cable but NOT in our area. We don't get Fox Sports 2, Velocity or MAV Tv. We are deprived!
Posted on: 2014/5/30 0:10

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Get DirecTV... seriously... the picture quality is seriously better...

Also, do you have Verizon FIOS available? If so, that KICKS ASS! Excellent system... marginal sales/service, good tech support, but the system works and the real brains behind the operation rock the world.

Posted on: 2014/6/5 16:12

Master Guru
936 Posts

Too many trees in our area for Direct TV or Dish and no Verizon FIOS. We live in a small town so will probably try the app. Would hate to miss the last few hours of the race.

Here is the schedule:

24 Hours of Le Mans Live Coverage Schedule
(All times Eastern; schedule subject to change)

Saturday-Sunday, June 16-17, 2014

24hr of Le Mans USA TV Coverage - All times EST

8:30am-4:00pm FS1
4:00pm-5:00pm FS2
5:00pm-6:30pm FSGo
6:30pm-1:00am FS2
1:00am-7:30am FS1
7:30am-9:30am FS2

onboard camera showing the C7R on FSGO
Posted on: 2014/6/5 21:35

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

That must be a lot of trees... My brother's house in Sebring is surrounded, but he gets good signal. All you need is that slice over Texas and you're set!

Thank's for the updates Charley!!!
Posted on: 2014/6/5 21:51

j3studio Re: The Le Mans 24 Hours launches a new App!
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

That must be a lot of trees... My brother's house in Sebring is surrounded, but he gets good signal. All you need is that slice over Texas and you're set! Thank's for the updates Charley!!!

The more north, the harder it gets ...

Posted on: 2014/6/6 13:31

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

She's in Northern FL!

The bird for DTV is over central Texas. I have never heard of signal problems due to distance like that... thanks to angles, the distance is about equal no matter where you are. Remember, the bird is 20k miles up in the first place!
Posted on: 2014/6/6 16:53

Master Guru
936 Posts

Our subdivision has lots of trees and some belong to the neighbors. They did not take kindly to us wanting to cut their trees, lol!
Posted on: 2014/6/6 17:13

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

use an electric chain saw... at night...
Posted on: 2014/6/6 17:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.