Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDC
Assembly Line Diagnostic Connection

The connection to the ECM/PCM of a computer controlled vehicle, in the case of the C4 Corvette, located under ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus Thanks, gang....
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

For putting up with our bugs and issues during the transition.

We have been getting a lot of feedback, but I want to be sure we have as many bases covered that can be covered.

I am sure you are all aware that not everyone can be happy, that's ok. It's called "life." However, we are trying our best to compromise whenever possible.

Several people have shown concern over the lack of bling and graphics and such. Well, I leave you with this question: Does the lack of graphics change the way you use Wikipedia? Google? I didn't think so. It's about substance over style. So don't expect this site to become graphics heavy. There will be some cleaning done to the graphics we have, but that will be an ongoing project over the next several weeks as we mature.

Another item was brought up and that was the font selected for the CG logo. When we selected that font it was done to create a unique look for the site. You see, there are 6 generations of Corvette. From my guess, there are about 8 different fonts (the C1s had a couple as did the C3, IIRC).

That means, if we pick a single Corvette font, there is a strong chance we could give the impression that that is the only generation we care about or focus on. By using a totally different font, we get a look that is entirely our own. I don't want this site to give the impression that it only supports one generation anymore.

Then comes the other side of this coin, most automotive themed fonts are working on the same basic concept - magneto, some kinda ital script or some kinda ital print. It's time to come up with something 100% different.

I do not want our site to be a clone of all the others. Sure, there will be similarities! That's a given, but we are not a clone and never will be. We must blaze our own trail if we want to be unique and truly independent!

Finally, voice your concerns here. We can discuss them and see how to make them happen!

Again, thank you, our loyal members. It has been fun so far, and it will only get better!!! As we add members and more folks start to come in and make the other generations more dynamic, things will really get jumping. It won't happen over night, sure, but it will happen.

Andy
Posted on: 2008/3/17 15:05

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

MAXXWRENCH Re: Thanks, gang....
Senior Guru
COLORADO
118 Posts

BOGUS...I FOR ONE LIKE THE WAY EVERYTHING IS WORKING & HOW IT LOOKS....I AGREE WITH THE FONT ISSUE AS WELL...UNIQUE IS GOOD!! GOOD JOB TO ADMINS FOR MAKING THIS PLACE ENJOYABLE!! I APPLAUD YOUR EFFORTS AS I AM SURE MANY OTHER MEMBERS ALSO DO!!
Posted on: 2008/3/17 16:15

kentucky_vetter Re: Thanks, gang....
Senior Guru
somerset, ky
154 Posts

Everytthing looks good and its very easy to navigate. Great job I think.
Posted on: 2008/3/17 18:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.