Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
269 user(s) are online (238 user(s) are browsing Forums)

bogus, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

urleycay PKE sytem
Guru Newb
Mt. home, Arkansas
2 Posts

i bought my 93 coupe last year its a stock car w/34.000 orgn miles. the problem began when it did not come w/ fob f/ security system. i bought one from dealer and programed it but thats as far as it goes. there is something wrong, the knuckleheads at dealer just want to replace computer for security system. from talking to them they did not do any investigation as to what the problem actually is. here,s the clues;
the door chime rings as soon as i open door and does not shut up until i start car. the fob works to a point, when you walk up to vehicle you can hear something click but doorlocks do not loc when you walk away or unlock when you walk up nor does the horn sound. once in a while the door will unlock. if you sit in car w/ ignition off every couple of minutes you'll hear what sounds like door locks cycling but nothing happens. when you leave vehicle and use door lock switch to lock doors as soon as you close drivers door it unlocks. you cannot lock drivers door w/ fob or door locks. to secure vehicle you must take fob off key ring and use key to lock doors. whew thats enough i have service manuals but when it gets to getting indash to check out pke unit i,m lost. i live in small town Mt Home, ARkansas and the dealer here is a joke. the closest dealer is Reliable in springfield ,Mo but i am reluctant to bring it to any dealer. can anyone help or gide me right direction/
thanks tony
Posted on: 2007/3/4 15:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:PKE sytem
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

you need what I don't have - the Helm Factory Service Manual for your 1993. www.helminc.com. That is the same book the dealer uses, get it. You will need it anyway, and this is as good a time to get one as any.

If I had that manual, I would check it, but my 1992 doesn't have PKE, and the 1996 manual I have may or may not apply.
Posted on: 2007/3/4 20:18

urleycay PKE sytem
Guru Newb
Mt. home, Arkansas
2 Posts

i have service manuals (2) from helms and as you follow thru the diagnostics section it gets into the dash and computer f/ pke and tells me to do tests w/ equipment i don,t have nor understand.
Posted on: 2007/3/5 14:53

bogus RE:PKE sytem
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

oh. the dreaded Tech II. Sorry... I don't have one and would love to get one.
Posted on: 2007/3/6 6:27

Rabbit Re: PKE sytem
Guru Newb
Sonoma, Ca
11 Posts

Quote:
i have service manuals (2) from helms and as you follow thru the diagnostics section it gets into the dash and computer f/ pke and tells me to do tests w/ equipment i don,t have nor understand.

You should be able to querie the PKE system by grounding certain pins on the DLC. Check your helm's. I'm speaking thru a 95 manual, but I believe the 93 is also the same. Also I would check the interior of the car, under seats & storage compartments for fob that may have been forgotten. A long shot, but it has happened.
Posted on: 2007/3/7 19:55

96C4420 RE:PKE sytem
Guru Newb
2 Posts

I have a '96 with pke problems, does it say anything about pke light glowing steady and won't go into learning mode. Have tried everything from disconnecting batt. to jumping aldl for codes and nothing. Plus bought new remote. I don't have a helms but will look into it app. any insight.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 18:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.