Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
288 user(s) are online (255 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A-Molds
These are a more traditional 5-spoke rim (than the Saw Blades).

Used on later ZR1s, the 1996 GrandSport and Collectors Edition....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

craigfromiowa 1985 Code 33
Guru Newb
3 Posts

Code 33 page from the FSM (page 6E3-51)

The light from my test light did not come on when I probed Terminal E from the MAF sensor harness terminal.

The manual then says to probe terminal F at the Burn -Off module connector with the test light connected to ground. The light should be on. Well, it isn't.

The manual then says to probe the vehicle side of harness terminals A and B with a test light connected to ground. The light should be on. (I'm a novice at this, but I assume it means to probe A by itself, and then B by itself). The light should be on.

Well, when I touched the test light to 'A', it lit up. However, the light did not light up when I touched it to 'B'.

The manual now goes on to say 'Repair open in CKT that did not light.' This is my problem/dilemma. I assume it means to trace and fix this wire. I can trace it for about a foot before it becomes lost in a sea of other wires.

Where does this wire end up? And, once I know, can i just run a wire from that point back to the Burn Off module connector?

Muchas gracias
Posted on: 2007/9/10 16:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

toptechx6 RE:1985 Code 33
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Craig I don't have an 85 FSM but it sounds like you need to locate the wiring diagram for the MAF relays and circuit. The diagram will show you where the wire starts, good luck.
Posted on: 2007/9/10 20:27

bogus RE:1985 Code 33
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The early C4 has problematic engine harnesses... well, all of it is suspect.

The insulation is prone to wearing, shrinking, cracking and chaffing.

More then likely, if you have the right points, you will have to remove the tape and or convolute and get into the harness. I don't envy you this project, but it should fix the problem.

Just be sure you have all the right leads tested.
Posted on: 2007/9/11 4:11

CasetheCorvetteman RE:1985 Code 33
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Instead of removing the tape and other protective covers from any wiring, find the start point and the finish point, then check them all for continuity, and also for a short to ground or to each other. Dont go pulling all that apart if there is nothing known to be wrong in there, if all else fails then consider the hard way.

If each wire has continuity, check all the connectors on them to be sure they are able to make good clean contact at both ends.
Posted on: 2007/9/11 7:04

Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

What Casey said, no need to shotgun what may be a problem with a single wire or connector.
Posted on: 2007/9/11 8:15

craigfromiowa RE:1985 Code 33
Guru Newb
3 Posts

Hey guys

Just to let ya know, I got the car running. I really didn't even have to do anything. Replaced a bad fuse, cleared the codes, and wiggled/pushed all of the wires going into the ECM. But the FSM is a definite MUST to have. It shows where everything is. And make sure you understand EXACTLY what the manual is telling you. Take it slow, perform every step precisely how the manual tells you to do it, and you should be able to fix any problem. I am in no way an expert on wiring, but with study and a little bit of patience, you'll fix the problem.
Posted on: 2007/9/15 2:07

bogus RE:1985 Code 33
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

hurray!!!
Posted on: 2007/9/15 4:16

CasetheCorvetteman RE:1985 Code 33
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
Hey guys

Just to let ya know, I got the car running. I really didn't even have to do anything. Replaced a bad fuse, cleared the codes, and wiggled/pushed all of the wires going into the ECM. But the FSM is a definite MUST to have. It shows where everything is. And make sure you understand EXACTLY what the manual is telling you. Take it slow, perform every step precisely how the manual tells you to do it, and you should be able to fix any problem. I am in no way an expert on wiring, but with study and a little bit of patience, you'll fix the problem.

Good stuff Craig. im glad to see you understand the need for the factory service manual too mate!! Many dont, and its hard to help them.
Posted on: 2007/9/15 13:07

Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Good job Craig, and you are correct about how to approach such problems, way to go
Posted on: 2007/9/15 13:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.