Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
264 user(s) are online (241 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Thursday Chat
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

It's the downhill slide to the weekend! Gotta love it.

I gotta fire up the POS and head to work.

How's life?

Discuss.....
Posted on: 2007/9/27 12:58

NC Kid RE:Thursday Chat
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Welp Ima bout to head off to spanish in a bit.....I hate that class. It's so damn hard and annoying. YUCK. I was debating on playing hookie today but if I got Ill and had to miss, I would fail the class and be screwed out of a credit I really need to transfer....

Umm besides that, I had sociology this morning, boring as dirt.....umm when I get home, ima go to sleep for a few hours, awke up eat dinner, watch tv then go back to sleep and wait for tomorrow morning sun to come up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2007/9/27 16:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 RE:Thursday Chat
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Es muy importante hablar Espanol en Colorado.

Hey, I am noticing that when anybody mentions a year in conversation or in email, I always think about what the Corvette looked like then.

For example, I got an email from a guy who works in our Denver office. I was supposed to stop in and see him yesterday, but I spaced it. He started giving me sheet, so I emailed him the lyrics to "Separate Ways" by Journey as a joke.

He retorted with something about the album it came from and circa 1984 and where he saw the concert. As soon as I saw 1984, I immediately thought about the 1984 Corvette.

Doesn't matter what year comes up. I always think about the Corvette as a basis for historical reference. Anybody else do this?
Posted on: 2007/9/27 16:17

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I dunno.....yes spanish is important and I suck at it.....got a F right now.....yuck.....glad I did go though. A hottie and me were talkn bout kars and of course mine got brought up.....I could not stop checking her out. She was wearing some SHORT SHORTS! She had the longest, tannest legs I have seen. And woofie on the rest of her...................And shes sweet as sugar. Always nice and not mean and bully like I would have expected. I would LOVE to go on a date with her....Hmm I wonder if she'd be interested but im 2 chicken to let it go that far.

I think of corvettes alot. Today I was doodling corvettes....just a natural thing and I don't really know I am doing it just kind of subconciously. If someone says cars corvette automatically pops in my mind. No particular year....Just c4s and C5 body styles though. :tongue: I like the C5s rear bumpers. Big a$$es just like I like on chix.
Posted on: 2007/9/27 20:37

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I was never any good at asking girls out. I still managed to snag some lookers, though. I had this habbit of stealing girlfriends from my buddies. I wasn't brave enough to ask a girl out, but once they got to know me by hanging out with me, they ended up liking me more. Kinda embarrassing, but....

If I had my life to live over, I might try getting shot down a little more. I bet it hurts less once you get used to it. I had this friend who was not real good looking. He ALWAYS had two or three girls he was shagging. He went for quantity not quality, but the thing is, he was not afraid to ask!

Confidence is very cool. I learned that AFTER I got married.... D'oh!

Ask her out! If she says no, it will hurt that much less the next time you ask. And hell, she could say yes! Are you gonna live your whole life wondering "what if?"

Do it man! Be a friend first. Let it go from there.
Posted on: 2007/9/28 1:22

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Thursday Chat
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ill tell ya what mate, you give me her number and i will call her up and ask her out for you, how does that sound?
Posted on: 2007/9/28 2:37

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:
Ill tell ya what mate, you give me her number and i will call her up and ask her out for you, how does that sound?

I lov ya man. If I had her #, I would but if I aksed for her# then i might as well ask her out. I barely know her name....Ill keep working on it.

So how did you guys get uhh hooked up with your wives or ex wives.....?
Posted on: 2007/9/28 3:16

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Thursday Chat
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I bought both mine from a Corvette dealer....
Posted on: 2007/9/28 3:18

bogus RE:Thursday Chat
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Tomorrow is Friday. And Saturday, we have tix to Jimmy Buffett.
Posted on: 2007/9/28 3:22

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

As for my wife... I was her boss.

But I digress...

I talked to her a lot. We simply became friends. We still are. It is no big thing to ask a friend to go to dinner with you.

If you are desperate, a woman can smell it. Just be casual. Talk. Ask her about herself. Learn what she likes and doesn't. Like I said, just be a friend. If it grows into something more, cool. If not, you made a new friend.
Posted on: 2007/9/28 3:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.