Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
284 user(s) are online (241 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mouse Motor
GM production small block engines were known as Mouse motors.

Early SBC

4.3L 265ci - 1955 thru 1956
4.6L 283ci - 1957 thru 1962
4.9L 302ci - ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

bogus New Laptop
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We went home to Delaware for Christmas.

Whilst we were waiting on our connecting flight at Midway, I decided to hook my phone up to my Compaq laptop and do some quick surfing... well, an hour of messing with the POS finally got me online... only to find the damned computer CLEARED ALL OF MY CONTACTS!!!!!

What it boils down to is that I need a computer that I can depend on... and that Compaq wasn't it. besides, it has been giving me fits with wireless and other issues.

So... being in state with no sales tax, I went shopping. And ended up at Office Depot... and bought one of these:

Resized Image

Mine has an AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.8mhz, 1gig ram, 160gig hd, DVD burner, wireless, 17" widescreen, and a bunch of USB ports. It has Vista home premium (not bad, just need to learn it, too).

Not bad for a spur of the moment thing.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 2:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

NC Kid RE:New Laptop
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I have a Compaq Presario right now. It's not as good as I thought. My old Dell's hinges broke. Toshiba is a top brand around here.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 2:19

rickreeves1 RE:New Laptop
Guru Newb
New Orleans
96 Posts

Looks like a Toshiba. I just bought a similar one for a Christmas present except it has 2GB of ram and the 15.4" screen. My personal laptop is a Toshiba as well. I work in the IT industry as a Network Admin and Toshiba is the only brand of laptop I purchase at work also. I've had very few problems with them. You may want to configure it for optimum performance vs graphics. I would also recommend 2GB or RAM since you are running Vista. From what I have read XP drivers are not available for these so you'll have to stick with Vista. The first thing I did was to remove Macafee, MS Office trial and Works, and all the factory garbage. Overall I love the Toshiba laptops. I've been using them for years.

Posted on: 2007/12/30 2:28
95-Lt1-auto-Polo-Conv, 125hp ZEX N2O dry, LE Cam 226/234 565/565 109LSA, Comp Pro Mag 1.6rr, Patriot Xtreme Springs, PCMFORLESS, K&N, AO Ram Air, 52mm TB, EM LT Headers, X-pipe, Meziere HD EWP, Vigil 2800, TransGo Shift Kit, Pro-Built Trans, 24lb SVO'...

Alcee1 RE:New Laptop
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

Decent machine, but I think Vista sucks right about now. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with it yet.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 2:33
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.