Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
228 user(s) are online (192 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

mistaben pics inside of VE table... is this what cam overlap issues look like?
Senior Guru
141 Posts

all these values are... close... usually like blms of 126 and ints of 130-133. or like ints of 125 and blms of 129. (i'm guessing that split difference just means the saved memory area at that block is just off... and not the actual VE table itself? -> AND sometimes... it will be dead nuts on, 127/128; 129/128; 128/128; and sometimes like 130/127 or so.

383, SR, 190cc AFR heads, the LPE 219/219 camshaft, and a 58mm TB (which a bitch to tune!!!), and a set of 30lb injectors... am I getting close?

[IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l626/tonytoo1/goodnightsweetprince.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l626/tonytoo1/lowerVE2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l626/tonytoo1/lowerVE1.png[/IMG]
Posted on: 2011/9/7 7:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

djxib Re: pics inside of VE table... is this what cam overlap issues look like?
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

I'd be a happy man if all my BLMs and Integrator values were as close as yours. On my last tune I had a ton of cam surge / reversion issues that meant I was always chasing a moving target. For true drivability I ended up getting the BLM's close enough (within 3-5) and then focusing on AE and PE tables (since that's where the fun is!).

I dont know if you have AE on yours.

For some additional reading you could try going to thirdgen.org and camaroz28.com - search for your PCM type - both these sites have busy PCM tuning conversations.
Posted on: 2011/9/7 12:10

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

mistaben Re: pics inside of VE table... is this what cam overlap issues look like?
Senior Guru
141 Posts

i pulled my power enrichment off to get it the ve tables strait. set it to TPS 85%.

then drove it around for like 10 minutes data logging it and put it to excel for mass averaging the data.

broke it down by 100rpm increments. then cut it up by kPa.

but if you do that, be sure to turn off the deceleration-fuel-cut-off off... or i think that will cause that depression there around 1100-1400rpm....
Posted on: 2011/9/8 1:21

mistaben Re: pics inside of VE table... is this what cam overlap issues look like?
Senior Guru
141 Posts

what is the difference between enrich accel and power enrichment though?
Posted on: 2011/9/8 1:24

djxib Re: pics inside of VE table... is this what cam overlap issues look like?
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

mistaben wrote:
what is the difference between enrich accel and power enrichment though?

AE (otherwise known as pump shot) is to add a small pump of extra fuel when the throttle is opened rapidly - you have to play with this for larger tb's. It provides a 'bridge' of fuel between constant throttle position and PE. You will know if it's working because it comes into play if you suddenly jab the throttle about halfway- too lean or rich and you'll hesitate or stumble, just right and you get a nice surge forwards.

PE comes into play at full throttle and is when the BLMs get turned off. This is what you play with to get power at the dyno.
Posted on: 2011/9/10 2:48

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Senior Guru
141 Posts

- I love you.

I understood it was delta of the TPS but.. I didn't understand what that meant in the real world.

*sighs* .... on second reflection I am realizing how much work I have cut out for me. I guess I can't just use the stock numbers for everything then because a 58mm TB has a huge delta in air inflow..... this is getting to be a lot to handle.
Posted on: 2011/9/12 10:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.