Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
277 user(s) are online (220 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT5
Engine used in the ZR1, 1990-1995, manual only....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

tjpreul lt1 vacuum lines/routing
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

I need ideas. I have a piggyback controller that uses a vacuum line to overide the MAP sensor. It says to run the shortest line possible for this. There aren't many connections on the LT1 intake, so I have it Tee'd into the line that feeds the ASR, EGR and Opti vent. I realized the Opti vent isn't hooked up correct. The other side is fed into the vacuum connetion on the passenger side, so there probably isn't any air flowing through it. The vacuum port on the passenger side has the purge valve, FPR and Opti vent. The bottom port has the two lines feeding toward the trans.

Anyway would it help to have a dedicated line for the controller, and where would I run it from? This is a forced induction engine.
Posted on: 2012/4/17 4:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: lt1 vacuum lines/routing
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would run off the line you think goes to the trans - that is actually the line for the climate controls and off to the cruise controls. If you can T right after that port, that's where I would go.
Posted on: 2012/4/17 4:44

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

92Polo Re: lt1 vacuum lines/routing
Guru
91 Posts

I don't think I would tie it in with the Opti-Vent as this is really just a controlled vacuum leak. It just allows fresh air to be drawn in through the opti.

Why not run a T directly off the manifold and hit the controller, and then on the other side of the T put a check valve and the factory accessories (IE Opti-Vent). You're factory connections probably won't know what to do with boost anyway and this would effectively separate them and give you the shortest possible route to the intake.
Posted on: 2012/4/17 21:00

bogus Re: lt1 vacuum lines/routing
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

That's why I liked the climate control line. It's more or less a closed system, simply moving vacuum back and forth, and has the benefit of the accumulator.
Posted on: 2012/4/17 21:21

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.