Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
312 user(s) are online (274 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

SpeedHound C3 LSx headers available very soon swap brackets and clutch bracket available now
Registered Vendor
Social Circle, GA
119 Posts

Well, I guess I will start the first thread and hopefully it will be a good one for people to read.

The C3 LSx swap headers I designed will be available very soon. One minor revision needed to be made and they are on their way back to the company doing the building. They said they should have them ready in about a week. It takes almost a week for the headers to get there. I am hoping in two to three weeks to be able to say they are ready. I'll be having an introductory sale on them for sure. I have no idea what pricing will be right now. They will be available coated and uncoated. They only come with 1-3/4" primaries and 3" collectors with no AIR or EGR fittings.

I do have the motor plates and Zbar bracket available now though. Well, the Zbar brackets will be available in three days. Pricing should be $130 -$140 for the motor plates and Zbar bracket black epoxy coated with hardware. I'll set the final price once I get the Zbar brackets back from the coaters. The headers were designed to work with the Zbar bracket.

Contact me for any more info. speedhound at netzero dot com

Thanks
Posted on: 2008/3/3 3:16

www.speedhound.com

LSx swap parts - performance - repairs - restoration
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

brut Re: C3 LSx headers available very soon swap brackets and clutch bracket available now
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Sounds really cool! I will keep tis in mind when I talk to others that may do the swap. Myself, I am going 454 in the '71 and I am keeping the '76 original.
Posted on: 2008/3/11 22:59
'02 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic
'07 Hummer H3

SpeedHound Re: C3 LSx headers available very soon swap brackets and clutch bracket available now
Registered Vendor
Social Circle, GA
119 Posts

Thanks Brut I do appreciate it. My mock up car for these headers and this swap is an original 71 454 car. Car has seen better days. When we finally get to it, we plan to fuel inject the 454 and keep the stock hood. So basically a custom FI setup using the already present torker II manifold.
Posted on: 2008/3/12 1:40

www.speedhound.com

SpeedHound Re: C3 LSx headers available very soon swap brackets and clutch bracket available now
Registered Vendor
Social Circle, GA
119 Posts

Well, it has taken much longer than I thought but headers are being made now as we speak. This first run is for ten. Four pairs have been spoken for as of now. Coated headers are $700 and about 4 weeks out. Uncoated are $550 and about two weeks out. I will see about getting better pictures of the headers installed on a 69 chassis with an LS7 added to my website. The body is still on the car I am using for mock up so my pictures are limited. These other are fantastic and show the design off much better. Check my website for details www.speedhound.com

I designed these headers to work with my motor plates and Zbar bracket. So you will be able to use a manual clutch and have headers if you desire.
Posted on: 2008/5/3 22:43

www.speedhound.com

Matatk Re: C3 LSx headers available very soon swap brackets and clutch bracket available now
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Checked the pics - very cool - I'd like to see more in the car!

BTW, what is a Zbar? Pardon my ignorance....

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/3 23:19

Registered Vendor
Social Circle, GA
119 Posts

Zbar is the bar that transfers the push forward from the pedal into a push backwards at the clutch fork. C1/2/3 were manual clutch cars. It looks like a Z sort of.

Did you find the pics on the other site or my site? I'm sure John(ZO69) will post pictures of the headers with the body back on once he drops the body onto the car. At this time the only pictures I have on my site are of prototype headers and not completed ones like John(ZO69) has.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm very proud of these as I was able to bring more aesthetics to the design versus the C4 headers. They get seen more than C4 headers and without going overboard, a good looking headers does wonders for under hood looks.
Posted on: 2008/5/5 23:22

www.speedhound.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.