Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
275 user(s) are online (237 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Oaklands Newt Gingrich
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

The cold hard facts. Newt is a very sharp man.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/ ... ch/index.html#cnnSTCVideo
Posted on: 2008/3/11 3:46

FLYINLOW90 Re: Newt Gingrich
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Well Geez....that's some good news to start the day

He makes a lot of sense for sure. I didn't know he wrote those books. I may have to at least pic up the latest one.

It's very scarey that all those things are going on in the world but even more scarey as he says that noone is up in arms about it.

We as a citizen have to also start to do something about people moving in to "Our" country then changing the rules to suit them and thier religions after they get thier immigration status.

Here in Canada the East Indians move here for a better life. No Problem. Then they decide they want to get into the RCMP. No problem as long as hey are qualified. After they are in they petition to get the RCMP's uniform changed that allows them to wear thier sword and turbin. WTF. They move here for a better life then want to change rules or in this case a uniform that has been that way for decades to suit thier reglious beliefs. And the sad part is the government allows it to happen 'cause "we don't want to offend anyone." Give me Feckin' break. You move to Rome you do as the Romans.

I am scared too as Newt says. We must take back our countries. I moved to Canada as an American and I don't expect them to change rules or laws to suit me. I moved here on my own free will (and they allowed it) knowing what the rules and laws were. I am all for immigration done the legal way, but we cannot allow the immigrants to run our countries.

I may have gotten off topic but this situation worries me as these people are moving in to our countries and will take them away from us right from under our noses.

We as Americans and Canadians must start to really open our eyes and get pissed off about it. This shit ain't gonna go away.

Thanx for the time to rant.
Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/11 13:44

Oaklands Re: Newt Gingrich
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I don't consider you as ranting. It is the truth. One person from a different religious background tries to make everything change.

Example: I read a story the other day where a girl at a college being of Muslim descent wanted the school to quit allowing co-ed Phys Ed classes in the gym. It offended her to have men see her dressed out.

Now come on!! If this goes through, we are caving in to the demands of one instead of the demands of many. Just think of the scheduling issues this would create.

This is a small example but you get my drift.
Posted on: 2008/3/11 14:23

FLYINLOW90 Re: Newt Gingrich
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:

Oaklands wrote:
I don't consider you as ranting. It is the truth. One person from a different religious background tries to make everything change.

Example: I read a story the other day where a girl at a college being of Muslim descent wanted the school to quit allowing co-ed Phys Ed classes in the gym. It offended her to have men see her dressed out.

Now come on!! If this goes through, we are caving in to the demands of one instead of the demands of many. Just think of the scheduling issues this would create.

This is a small example but you get my drift.

Exactly!!!!

I heard another example along the same lines....Woman of Muslim descent gets a job at a grocercy store as a cashier. Problem is she will not ring up pork or even touch it.WTF. So if you happen to be in her line you would have to take the pork to another cashier.

This is just getting way out of hand. Now when she took the job she knows it's a grocery store and they sell pork. If she feels that strongly about pork then she should not have applied or even accepted a job where they sell it.

We really need to get this sort of thing under control.

Just to make clear...I have no problem with anyones religion. But your religion should not affect me in my everyday life. Laws or rules should not be changed to accommodate these people.

We really need this to get under control and take back our countries. JMO.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/3/11 18:58

Oaklands Re: Newt Gingrich
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I had a guy who worked for me. He was a Seventh Day Adventists. He was not supposed to work on Saturdays. He rotated on call like the rest of us. He would take his calls just like anyone else even though he really did not want to. I explained to him I had to run calls on Sunday as well and that if I got a call on a Saturday night it got into my drinking time.

He did his job and did not complain. He didn't believe in eating pork either.

He adapted to the program like everyone else has to do in life.
Posted on: 2008/3/12 3:59

MAXXWRENCH Re: Newt Gingrich
Senior Guru
COLORADO
118 Posts

THIS WAS ON OUR DENVER NEWS AWHILE BACK

DENVER - A local high school basketball team may miss out on a first-ever championship because the athletic association will not accommodate their religious beliefs.

The Herzl-Rocky Mountain Hebrew Academy's boys team is just one win from the playoffs.

However, even if they keep winning, they may not be able to get to the championship because one of the tournament games is set for a Saturday afternoon.

The students' religious observance of the Sabbath won't allow them to travel to Sterling for that game.

"It's disappointing. I'm a senior and we're not going to have anything to show for it at the end of the year," said Desi Rotenberg, one of the students.

"I think it's total discrimination because the league knew about this problem months ago," said Tristan Peters, another student.

The Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) says it will not reschedule the game time.

CHSAA says it reviewed the request and decided all teams would have to play the post season as scheduled.

The Anti-Defamation League released a statement on the issue on Wednesday:

"The Anti-Defamation League is disappointed by CHSAA's refusal to reasonably accommodate the HERZL/RHMA athletes who have trained and competed all year to make it to the state playoffs.

"CHSAA's bylaws forbid any games or practices on Sunday. CHSAA's refusal to accommodate HERZL/RHMA's request to schedule playoffs on a day other than the Jewish Sabbath forces young Jewish athletes to choose between following the tenets of their faith or continuing their quest to compete at the state level. Their peers who observe Sunday as the Sabbath are not forced to make this difficult and unreasonable choice. The Anti-Defamation League calls upon CHSAA to reconsider its decision, and to make Colorado's athletic competition inclusive for all who earn the right to play."
Posted on: 2008/3/12 6:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.