Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
301 user(s) are online (265 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Courtesy Timer
With the doors closed and the key off - the windows should still go up/down and the radio plays (1990-1996)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

xtrememotorsports ***PATENT PENDING*** ON OUR DIGISPARK
Guru Newb
FLORIDA
35 Posts

We are on our way!!! Our patent is pending on our "DIGISPARK" ..our new website for our product which is under construction is www.WESWOODPERFORMANCE.COM

REMEMBER THIS PRODUCT IS FOR L98 AND EARLY LT1 POWERED CORVETTES AND STREET RODS. EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AT

www.MOTORSPORTSXTREME.COM

Also we are in the process of an article being done on our product by one of the leading corvette magazines coming this month.

Hope to see some of you in need of our product!!

Chris Harwood
Owner
Xtreme Motorsports
www.motorsportsxtreme.com
Posted on: 2008/3/13 21:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny Re: ***PATENT PENDING*** ON OUR DIGISPARK
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Cant wait to check it out!
Posted on: 2008/3/13 22:33

bogus Re: ***PATENT PENDING*** ON OUR DIGISPARK
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

oooh... I wonder how much something like this will piss of CARB????
Posted on: 2008/3/14 13:41

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

another question... any chance of integration with the CCM and/or integrating an LSx with the CCM?
Posted on: 2008/3/15 3:06

xtrememotorsports Re: ***PATENT PENDING*** ON OUR DIGISPARK
Guru Newb
FLORIDA
35 Posts

Are you talking about the CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD?
If so , why would you think this would piss them off?
If I am reading this wrong could you elaborate on what CARB meant?
Thanks!
Posted on: 2008/3/15 14:27

Guru Newb
FLORIDA
35 Posts

Can you elaborate on this more too?
I dont understand what your trying to do/ask ? We are working on intergrating it with the BCM, so you retain you digital dash and mpg.
As far as an LSx are you wanting to use this controller for an LS type engine?
Posted on: 2008/3/15 14:33

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

hm... lemme try again.

CARB is Cal Air Resources Board... and they would have a cow. If this is something that changes ANYTHING to do with emissions or engine controls, they get ignorant.

The other side of this, if they can't see it, then it isn't a problem.

Does this unit fit under the hood like the stock ECM? If not, where do you suggest installation and how does it get wired in?

The CCM (Central Control Module, yea, the BCM, but this is what GM calls it) is my concern. I want to do an LSx conversion in my 92 (there are other issues to address, like getting the ZF6 to mate up), but the CCM is the biggest one. I am not asking if this product does this, but if it is a doable concept.

Thanks!
Posted on: 2008/3/15 14:39

Guru Newb
FLORIDA
35 Posts

Ok I think I understand now...

One of the "supposed" reasons for GM to go to sequential fire injection was to lower emissions,now whether this unit will lower emissions that is yet to be seen because where I am located at in Florida there are no emissions testing systems so I have no data to confirm nor deny the fact that it lowers emissions...

Yes this product will fit in the stock location under the hood and will look like a stock piece.

The frequency lengths are not compatible with your CCM and an LS controller, doing the LSx swap you should only lose a few of your functions, like the mpg-- we are in the process of doing a '91 we see no problem in retaining the instrumentation like speedo, tact oil pressure ect, things of that nature.

We are also in the process of doing an LS7 swap in an '87 so maybe we can help you further when you get closer to doing yours, I think you have my email and my number is on my site if you should need/want any help.

Thanks for the questions and let me know anymore you may have or if I wasnt clear on anything..
Posted on: 2008/3/16 3:15

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Yes, SFI was implemented for emissions reasons.

What you have to realize is that CARB doesn't care about those kinds of improvements. They live in a dream where the OEM equipment is what passed, that is all you can use.

Now, that is the anal technical legaleze... the reality is far different. If this unit makes the car better, they would never notice the difference as long as it looks OEM. So that means for any CA (or the other 5 states following CA style laws) sale, no fancy stickers. Leave it black and boring. The more fancy, the bigger the problems at the smog station.

Next question: Any changes needed to the wiring harness for the injectors? I don't remember if the current ECM uses unique connections to the ECM for each injector or if they are wired together off the same port on the ECM.

Ok... we can't get the LSx controller to talk to the CCM... sucks, but not surprising. I wonder if a frequency converter could be made?? hm....

I would be interested in converting over to a SFI on my 92. I agree, SFI is much better... and with the QC of the current crop of remanned ECMs, this could be a good deal.

How much? Warrantee?

Thanks!
Posted on: 2008/3/19 21:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.