Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
311 user(s) are online (272 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

c4-zo7-91 electrical question help please ??
Senior Guru
312 Posts

hi guys,
im starting to install my e6x haltech stand along ecu set up on my 1991 vette to run this 8 t/b individual cross ram intake manifold i have as the standard ecm with a modified chip will not run this 8 t/b intake unfortunetly..

what the plan is to run the standard computer to run the most of the car and the heltech to run the engine side of the car !!
can any one please advise me where to find " igniton on 12 volts " wire, but can not connect to "acc" outputs wire though,prefeberly close to standard ecm area of engine bay ??

and next question is to find where to connect to " fuel pump circuit " wires please ??

hope some one can please help and advise me .
cheers
glen
Posted on: 2008/3/22 6:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CasetheCorvetteman Re: electrical question help please ??
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Have a look in the service manual and find which wire is the 12v ignition on for the standard ECM, and use that mate.
Posted on: 2008/3/22 7:45

bogus Re: electrical question help please ??
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Yea, you are really gonna need the FSM for this task. All the wires are there, but you will need the FSM to integrate the Haltech with the car. There is just no other way to do it.
Posted on: 2008/3/22 18:12

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

c4-zo7-91 Re: electrical question help please ??
Senior Guru
312 Posts

hi case and bogus,
thanks for the replies.
i took a look in the fsm and found two pages that list all the colors and 4 plugs with the wires and what they mean and do.
i tell ya though it is going to be quite a darn task to do this job.
there a 5 flying wires, red/battery, earth wire/black, 2 orage wires/fuel pump,1 grey wire for ignition switched 12 v,1 green wire/auxilery wire,
i have installed ecu box under glove compartment and fitted large rubber grommet thru fire wall with wire loom going thru it,
then there is the rest of the wires,
trigger/2 wires and grey cord of wires/4 wires,
coolent/2 wires,rd speedo /3 wires,air/2 wires,o2/3 wires,injectors/5 wires,idle/4 wires,t.p.s /3 wires,ignitioon wires/6 wires,m.a.p /3 wires and p.w.m /5 wires.
i will give you a example of what im confused about,
connector d plug lists injectors 2 4 6 8 driver- dark green,injector ground- black/white wire, then injectors 1 3 5 7 driver dark blue,injector ground black/white,
ok so there are 4 wires found on plug, but the clors on the haltech dont match the wires on the plug colors, then there still is a spare wire to connect with,wtf!!
this elecetronic stuff beats me.
i was hoping not to hav eto pay some one $ 800.00 to have towire this darn thing!!
oh well.
any way " HAPPY EASTER TO ALL " GUYS
cheers
glen
Posted on: 2008/3/22 22:03

bogus Re: electrical question help please ??
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Glen,

glad we could help!

This is when you dig up a hot rodder buddy who is handy with a soldering iron. Buy the guy lunch and a six-pack and the wiring confusion is over!
Posted on: 2008/3/23 0:19

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.