Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
197 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

CasetheCorvetteman Spent abit of time working on the White OX today
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

What a change it seems to have made too...

Installed some new NGK Iridium plugs, dropped the oil and refilled with 0w30 German Castrol, cleaned the MAF, and installed 2 new Genuine AC Delco O2 sensors.

I installed new O2s a couple years ago, the only ones i could get at the time (prior to dealing with MAXX WRENCH) were chinese knock offs, and while they did work, i dont reckon they were ever very accurate, and with my long tube headers i had issues with the O2s getting too cold at idle, even though they are heated on a 94. I had the car idle in the cool night air for 30 minutes just before and the O2s never once dropped below temp. No question about the genuine units being superior, especially when long tubes are fitted.

The previous Iridium plugs had been in service about 2.5 years, and while they still look quite fine, it seemed to make a difference with the new plugs (and it wasnt cleaning the MAF, cause it wasnt connected when i fired the engine up after installing the new plugs)

The MAF looked very clean anyway, however i gave it a clean cause i washed and oiled my K&N filter a few weeks ago, and even though there is no trace of filter oil in any of the intake duct, i like to be throrough.

The engine is running about as smooth as it ever could with the cam its got in it. I always use 98 octane fuel, this is what i tuned the car to run with, and it pulls very well right up to the 6,000rpm i set the fuel cutoff at.

Its quite amazing what a difference simple things can make

I use and recomend the following items:
Genuine O2 sensors: They work better. No question about it.
NGK Iridium plugs
German Castrol oil: I wont fill a sump with anything other than Castrol, ive never had an issue with it or any other Castrol product (i also use Castrol 80w140 synthetic limited slip axle lube in the diff, and the trans guy i go to will only use Castrol Transmission fluids)
K&N air filters: You can clean them, and they are as good as new afterwards. If nothing else, youre creating less rubish.
Posted on: 2008/4/12 12:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Shadow Re: Spent abit of time working on the White OX today
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Sound nice Case
Posted on: 2008/4/12 12:47

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Spent abit of time working on the White OX today
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Runs nice too mate
Posted on: 2008/4/13 4:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.