Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
244 user(s) are online (210 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

byedan no wipers
Guru Newb
7 Posts

ok guys here is the deal i had a new transmission installed in my 94 vette. i picked the car up from the garage today and found out my wipers are not working. They where working when i dropped the car off. i checked the fuse and it is good. the washer nor the wipers are working it is like the main power or ground to the circut is dead but i do not have a fsm and do not know where to start testing it. Thanks for the help Daniel
Posted on: 2008/5/8 18:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

josephf31 Re: no wipers
Senior Guru
New Jersey
375 Posts

Going strictly from memory, sounds like it could be the switch, check the turn signal stalk to make sure it's all the way into the steering column, also right behind it (to the front of the vehicle) possibly under a small plastic cap is an electrical connector which I think is for either the wipers and/or cruise control...
Posted on: 2008/5/8 18:50

byedan Re: no wipers
Guru Newb
7 Posts

thanks i will check there also. Do i have to take the steering colum apart to get to the plug. which one is the power plug to the wiper motor. i think all of the wiper motor function with the was function go through the controller on the motor is this wrong
Posted on: 2008/5/8 19:59

byedan Re: no wipers
Guru Newb
7 Posts

myself and a freind went out to the car and he tapped on the wiper cover and they started working and then he wiggled the wires going into the front of this and it stopped wokring. so do i need a new cover or can this one be taken off and cleaned? als witch wire going in is the hot wire and witch is the ground thanks
Posted on: 2008/5/8 21:00

Randy93 Re: no wipers
Guru
Winter Park, Fl
51 Posts

There is a ground that is connected to the tranny where it mates to the engine on the drivers side. When I had my tranny rebuilt, they forgot to put it back on. Caused me all kinds of problems.
Posted on: 2008/5/10 16:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.