Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Josh My TFS heads are for sale
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

The TFS heads are for sale. They only detail that you guys might not know about is the springs.

They have PAC racing beehive springs, P/N 1518. They are the same spring as the PAC 1218, but they've been nitrided for greater longevity. The max lift they can tolerate is .650, approximately 130 lbs. closed, 337 open. The springs were installed by Lloyd Elliot, so the installed height and pressures have all been checked and verified.

http://www.pacracing.com/Street_Stri...Set_of_16.html
Posted on: 2009/6/15 16:19

Josh Re: My TFS heads are for sale
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Here's a copy/paste of the full ad from the other site:

I have some TFS heads for sale. They've been ported by Lloyd Elliot of Elliot's Port Works. The heads took my 91 to 11.9 @ 119 MPH and a tick under 400 RWHP.

Here's what the performance shop that flowed the heads had to say about them:

Hi Josh,

They did arrive and I already have a bunch of information for you.

First off they are 100% ported. Not just a bowl cleanup like you had alluded to. Guides are narrowed and necked downed nicely and this head had been ported from one end to the other. I might add it was done by someone who looked like they knew what they were doing and had a very neat hand (the walls were straight and the overall execution was certainly above average). The porting might not have been as obvious to you because the heads were glass-beaded when they were freshened disguising some of the finish sandroll marks that are clearly evident when you look closely.

Finished intake port volume 205 cc’s

Intake Flow

.200 @ 140
.300 @ 200
.400 @ 245
.500 @ 274
.550 @ 280
.600 @ 282

Exhaust port finished volume 76 cc’s

.200 @ 108
.300 @ 144
.400 @ 176
.500 @ 190
.600 @ 204

Combustion chamber volume is very small @ 57 cc’s (just under actually like 56.8 actually)

The heads have about 600 miles on them. Before I installed them, they were flowed, decked, CC'd, and had a 3 angle valve job.

I'm removing them because I'm in the middle of a comparison between these heads and some out of the box AFR 195's. For the information on that test, see here:

http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules...d=7225&forum=1

$1200 plus shipping. They are off the car and ready to go.
Posted on: 2009/6/15 17:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.