Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
291 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

LT1Marc 93 LT1 wont go above 2000 RPM
Guru Newb
Germany
10 Posts

hello everyone,
got a short break from Iraq and want to drive my car for a few days...same old problem that I didnt get to address from last year before leaving....
had a new 700R4 installed and when the shop took her out for a test drive...she would fire up, but then not go above 2000RPM.
Upon inspection it was determined that the voltage coming from the MAP and throttle body was zero.Changed the ECM and problem is still there. Any ideas?
Posted on: 2007/6/12 5:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:93 LT1 wont go above 2000 RPM
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

sounds like the problem is with the MAP...

any codes?

Did you check the harness to be sure it's ok?

What does it do at 2000 rpm? Bog? die? Have you checked fuel pressure? a bad filter or pump could do this.

Is this 2000 RPM in gear or in neutral?
Posted on: 2007/6/13 1:56

LT1Marc RE:93 LT1 wont go above 2000 RPM
Guru Newb
Germany
10 Posts

hello Andy,
after getting out a meeter, we discovered the following...I had a bad ECM that I got off ebay from a forum member...hopefully I can send it in for a rebuild...so after putting back the old ecm...which in the end wasnt the problem..the following weird things would happen....
while having power applied...after sitting for several minutes..the headlights would shudder..and the AC would come on..without any commanded inputs.

Upon further tracing with the wiring diagram, it was discovered that we would get a code 42 and that the throttle body was NOT receiving any power even with the engine started, as well as the air codidtion low pressure sensor giving an indication. we traced this to the wiring harness being probably pinched when the automatic transmission was installed..so the tranny probably needs to be pulled and the wire harness inspected.
I am returning to Iraq today...we were supposed to be home now but the powers that be decided that a tour of duty is no longer one year..but 15 months..Ill get back to her in November...in the meantime..any idea how I can get that wire harness..or do I just trace the wire and try to fix it?
Posted on: 2007/6/30 20:59

bogus RE:93 LT1 wont go above 2000 RPM
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

yuck. I agree, with divergent problems of that nature, the harness is my #1 suspect, too.

There is no easy way to reach that... however, you might get lucky... the harness in question is more than likely the one that goes into the dash, behind the EGR valve area - near where the engine/tranny mate up.

It is bolted to the fire wall and is basically a large, multi-pin connector.

It can be taken apart at the firewall, and the engine side brought up for service.

There is also a chance that something melted the wiring, too. Or, any number of things have chaffed and shorted out.

It will require removal of the emissions plumbing - the EGR and such - to make for easier access.

Good luck in Iraq, and Gods Speed. Come back for Thanksgiving in one piece!!!! :angel7:
Posted on: 2007/7/1 0:34

LT1Marc RE:93 LT1 wont go above 2000 RPM
Guru Newb
Germany
10 Posts

Andy and friends,
I bought a 2002 Z06 (via the corvette forum with the help of a friend) to enjoy something when I get back, as my 93 LT1 is still in the shop. The engine will be removed by the time we get home, and quite possibly the transmission...I figure this is a good time to replace the wire harness if necessary. Can you or anybody in C4 Guru Land direct me as to where I can get a new wiring harness for a 1993 LT1 with 700R4 transmission? I saw an aftermarket one for 781 dollars and was hoping for something not quite as steep, like the stock GM harness...thanks!

Marc
Posted on: 2007/8/13 3:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.