Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
318 user(s) are online (272 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 36
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

RedGut86 Re: HSR, what can it do... Further thoughts on manifold selection
Guru Newb
36 Posts

So, this is something I've mulled over a bit and seems relevant to the other thread in determining the best intake, I just didn't want to hijack that thread. None of this is empirical just random thoughts and bits of information.

1) The single plane is better for air distribution. (Stock computer this is helpful, aftermarket could tune by bank to make up for issues. Really though how big of an issues is this for an N/A build? Obviously this is a bigger issue for NOS.)

2) Edelbrock says they make more power with their tunnel ram style (XT similar to the HSR) manifold than their single plane conversion.

3) Edelbrock says the stock (read: un-ported) manifold, not the kit, as the injectors are too small) is good for 600-650hp. Is this when a single plane takes over (I would think it would need porting as well for this.)

4) When you see these aftermarket intakes (Hogan/Marcella) then why are they essentially tunnel ram intakes? Is it due to customers demanding a front fed system or is it maybe that there is more to the tunnel ram style intake. (More optimal tuned length, better runner shape, taper etc..

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Just looking for a little discussion.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/9/1 20:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.