Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
273 user(s) are online (237 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Pod Heat and A/C question
Guru Newb
Columbia, Ms
44 Posts

Been dreading this for a while but I need to do it. The problem is in the summer time, and the A/C on, air comes from the defroster and fogs the windshield. I had a cheap fix installed (rolled up towel in vent hole). Been doing the tlc repairs and this was not high priority, plus dreading tearing down the dash. I think my problem is going to be a relay that operates the door but will not know for sure until I get to it while standing on my head, top off and feet in the air. I was wondering if anyone has tackled this before.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 15:30

toptechx6 Re: Heat and A/C question
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Quote:

Pod wrote:
Been dreading this for a while but I need to do it. The problem is in the summer time, and the A/C on, air comes from the defroster and fogs the windshield. I had a cheap fix installed (rolled up towel in vent hole). Been doing the tlc repairs and this was not high priority, plus dreading tearing down the dash. I think my problem is going to be a relay that operates the door but will not know for sure until I get to it while standing on my head, top off and feet in the air. I was wondering if anyone has tackled this before.

Not sure this applies to earlier models but later cars have a one way vacuum check valve near the right valve cover that is a common failure item, make sure you are getting vacuum into the passenger compartment before tearing into it, good luck.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 19:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

JrRifleCoach Re: Heat and A/C question
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

You could always disconnect the water lines to the heater core . Cheap and easy.

Gonna get real cold in the winter.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 20:11

MAXXWRENCH Re: Heat and A/C question
Senior Guru
COLORADO
118 Posts

I AGREE...MIGHT MAKE SURE IT IS NOT THE HEATER CORE FIRST
Posted on: 2008/3/14 20:30

Pod Re: Heat and A/C question
Guru Newb
Columbia, Ms
44 Posts

Already did that. Condensation accumalates outside of the windsheild when driving at night or early in the morning while temps are low where driving want evaporate it.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 20:33

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Heat and A/C question
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

A failing heater core will have nothing to do with what vent set it comes out of, they are controlled by vacuum.

The same check valve that supplies the vent controller also supplies the cruise control servo.

There is no relays i know of, the blend door is controlled by an electric motor on a C68 system and controlled by a cable connected to the head unit on a C60 system, all other vents are controlled by vacuum, which is supplied from the ubove mensioned part of the intake manifold through the one way check valve.

Since you dont say what year model car you have, i dont know where youre going to be looking.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 20:42

Guru Newb
Columbia, Ms
44 Posts

Thanks Case, your right, I did not say it was an 87 vert with the electronic controls. I believe the door to the defrost vent does not close all the way or does not move at all. Other vents will change when the controller tells it to. My problem is I always have air comming out of the defrost vent. That is why I think I need to pull the dash apart. I believe vacuum is OK but maybe a cracked line or a stuck door.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 21:52

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Heat and A/C question
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Both mine have always done that mate. Nothing you can do will ever stop a small amount of air coming out that windscreen vent. Thats GM lack of quality for ya. I dont know how bad it is with yours though, id have to see it.
Posted on: 2008/3/15 1:04

MAXXWRENCH Re: Heat and A/C question
Senior Guru
COLORADO
118 Posts

Quote:

Pod wrote:
Already did that. Condensation accumalates outside of the windsheild when driving at night or early in the morning while temps are low where driving want evaporate it.

SORRY POD...THOUGHT YOU MEANT FOG ON THE INSIDE
Posted on: 2008/3/15 15:16

Guru Newb
Columbia, Ms
44 Posts

No problemo!
Posted on: 2008/3/15 18:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.