Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
280 user(s) are online (225 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Tachout Corvette Challenge comes to Utah!
Guru Newb
Sandy Utah
2 Posts

Ok Now that I have your attention and your in here reading this please read on.

I have been doing some research on the different Corvette Challenge racing going on everywhere. In NJ and Florida there are a couple of monster groups, and there is also one in Cali. Far as I am concerned that is too far to trailer or drive my car. The racing around Utah is very limited to Test and Tune nights, and Summit Et and Street Drags. I want more, and I want more vettes running so here is what I want to do. I want to start the Mountain States Corvette Challenge Series. If I can show that I have 25 to 30 DEDICATED people that would show up to run, I think I could convince the track to let us have our own Series. This showing up with Heavy on my car bites, and having to run against cars that are supposed to be 100% street legal, and they are either 60's muscle (no smog, no real rules) or they are Tuner Cars capible of running 9's and 10's against my basically stock C4 bites. Little by little I am getting it there but I hate pulling up next to the Blown 57 Chevy (and yes I got him twice in 10 runs) just is not right. We had a Test and Tune here at our drag strip and with some coaxing and asking we had 9 vettes show up for a Test and Tune and there were maybe 20 to 25 other cars with us. Lots of Head to Head Vette runs and that was the Bomb.

First let me know your interested, and let me have an E-Mail so I can get a list of names, and cars. Then I will, on my end, try to get it set up so we can have a race maybe this season. If I can show that we can put together the count, then I will work my backside off all winter, to get a series set up for next year.

Right now I want the first run to be here at the Rocky Mountain Raceway because a few in my group have an in at the track with knowing people there. I think we could set this up. There is even talk right now of Renting the track for a day just for us. If I can get the one event this year here, I would see about getting some sponsors for next year. My goal is trophies and awards each run night (Cash to the winner and runner up) and I would like to see a points ladder as well. If this goes, here is what I propose... at the end of the season we would award an overall winner in each division, with a jacket and trophy going to the winner. Also would give points for best reaction each round, and closest to the ET set.

How does that sound and who is in?
Posted on: 2008/8/16 5:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Corvette Challenge comes to Utah!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Wish I were closer! Good luck.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/8/17 1:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.