Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
250 user(s) are online (210 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

CSS996 Two For Tuesday Chat
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well, here's hoping we get more action today than yesterday. I'm shooting for five replies today!

I've got a big shoot at a furniture store this morning, so I'll be absent from 9am until after lunch.

I'm about to get paid on two freelance jobs that should finance my new computer. I'll have to wait on the software, but there's another job in the works that will take care of that. Hopefully I can get my checks this week, and get my iMac ordered. I'd like to have that before I start another editing project!

Show me the MONEY!

Happy Day everyone!
Posted on: 2007/10/2 12:55

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Two For Tuesday Chat
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Gday CSS how are ya mate? I am bloody tired as hell, i got home at about 12:30pm today, had abit of lunch, cracked open a beer and started washing the car. Hasnt been washed in about 3 months, so it looks alot better now. I was burned out after all that, so i went to bed about 4 in the arvo, then got back up at about 8pm for a steak. Bloody working 7 days a week is heavy duty, we've got alot of work to get through tomorrow now, alot of cutting, grinding, drilling, hammer drilling, sawing, shifting, and even abit of welding... Sounds like a piece of piss, but we need to cut and grind items we cant easily get at which adds to the task quite alot.
Posted on: 2007/10/2 13:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:Two For Tuesday Chat
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

ooh... iMac... cool!! Are you going for the massive 24" one? That looks sweet.

Here? Nothing of note... I am heading a massive project at work... and the meetings are getting old considering we have a 10/31 edict from the boss man/owner dude... then again, he has no clue what that means, really. so it's all smoke, mirrors, and wacky bonus money... hard to explain.

We did get a new front bumper for our Jeep, tho... looks great! I painted it... need to so some sanding, tho... one area didn't prime well. I must not have cleaned it enough. One patch about 2" x 6". A little surprising I missed it, really... but it will be fine.

off to work!
Posted on: 2007/10/2 14:26

NC Kid RE:Two For Tuesday Chat
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

All the work you do on teh jeep, it mustve been in bad shape or decent but now all brand new. Whats so special about it?
Posted on: 2007/10/2 16:33

CSS996 RE:Two For Tuesday Chat
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

As far as the iMac, I believe I posted about it before, but it will be the 24 inch screen with the 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme. Upgrading to 4GB memory and a Tetrabyte drive (1,000 Gig)

WoooooHooooo!

Plus the latest version of Final Cut Pro, Photoshop CS3 and iWork.

How many more days straight Case? You got a weekend coming soon, buddy? Hang in!

Any pix of the Jeep, Bogus?
Posted on: 2007/10/2 18:12

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Im not sure mate, still a fair few to go yet. Im just about to leave for work now. As fair as i know i have next wednesday off.
Posted on: 2007/10/2 20:14

bogus RE:Two For Tuesday Chat
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The Jeep is just cool. We needed a 2nd, er, third vehicle. And with Bastet44's being down for the count, we decided to get a small SUV/wagon thing.

The Jeep in question is a 1993 Cherokee. Nothing special, really... Big I6, A4, 2WD, 4dr. Quite a bit of interior space, but not so damned big as to be a problem. It also gets reasonable MPGs - about 18 average.

We bought it knowing it needed some maintenance, but for what we paid, I am not concerned. It only had 101k miles on it... chump change for that motor...

A prior owner wacked something and bent up the front bumper and grill... so I am replacing them. I don't have to... just want to. Right now, I am looking for some fog/driving lights to put on the newly painted bumper.

I have some pics... I will have to upload them later...

That Mac sounds SERIOUS!!! That sucker should FLY! My brother in FL owns a print shop, and he has a G5, dual Motorola CPU's, 2 or 3 gigs of core and 200 gigs of disc... he doesn't need the huge disc, Indesign files are not as big as your things are.
Posted on: 2007/10/3 2:45

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ive got an AMD Athlon 64 3800 with 2gigs of ram, and 4x 10,000rpm Raptor HDDs in RAID 0. Anything you blokes can load, i can load faster....
Posted on: 2007/10/3 7:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.