Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

CentralCoaster Re: Ebay help
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Yeah, ebay is always lower than market value because people are hedging their risk against getting scammed or getting something that doesn't come close to the description, plus some are looking at shipping costs.

But the actual value is obviously somewhere between that ebay bid and what you think its worth. I know there's some very recent stuff that dropped the value, like high gas prices and crap economy, but I don't see either of those two things going away anytime soon.

It's like when I bought my F150, a few months later employee pricing came out, and so it's street value was instantly reduced by $6K not including the depreciation hit for being used.
Posted on: 2008/8/25 16:34

bogus Re: Ebay help
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am genuinely surprised people are buying good cars only to part them out.

I know mine is worth more as parts, but geez, short of a Ferrari 250 GTO, ALL cars are worth more as a sum of their parts.

The ZR1 is a good car, it just has a bad rep... and I don't know why. I suspect it's a grand case of penis envy. Let me explain:

Punk kid wants ZR1, but, alas, can't afford it. Punk kid CAN afford a Civic, so that's what he ends up with. Resents the Civic so he bad mouths the overpriced POS ZR1. This happens several times in several different regions and the lies become truth.

I have only ever heard of one ZR1 that had a mechanical defect, and that was bought from a dealer in Scottsdale AZ several years ago... and the car had a less than stellar repuation. As does this dealer.

Case in point. The predisesor to Corvette Enthusiast, Cars and Parts Corvette (I am pretty sure it was them) did a road test of a new Z06 vs a ZR1. They actually drag raced them. The ZR1 beat the Z06 my .01 seconds. Both were well into the 12s. Now, that to me is a fast car.

For some reason, a lot of folks have poo-poo'd the ZR1 and instead of embracing it's differences and uniqueness have utterly ignored it. If Ferrari had built it, or Lambo, or Aston-Martin, people would be lining up to buy one.

In general, the C4 is a solid, reliable and durable product. The word needs to be spread that is the case.

Ron - before you repost that, we must talk.
Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:14

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

cuisinartvette Re: Ebay help
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Repost what?

Cheaper they get cheaper the buyer, thats just life. In one respect its just a weird old C4 to most.
When you see guys spraybombing parts on these and trying to do porting with drills and broken files you know youre at the bottom of the curve !!!

Not bitching, just observing.
Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:18

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Ron, be my general contractor and build my 3-car garage, I'll pay you cost of materials, I'll give you free room and board for 6 months to build it, and when its done I'll buy your ZR1 and motor for 20K.
Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:37

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

haha
Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:51

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

But I'll have nowhere to park it!
Posted on: 2008/8/25 18:08

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Here's a better idea, make a big for sale sign, "adult driven, never raced, etc" and I'll take it to the race track for you and flog it and beat up on some C5Z06s and C6s and then by the end of the day you'll have a serious buyer, (or maybe just a pile of smoldering plastic.)
Posted on: 2008/8/25 18:10

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Put it on the front lawn along with your rocking horse and hoppity hop, you can race them..
Posted on: 2008/8/25 18:18

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.