Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
281 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Ultraman, more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Sting Ray
1963 through 1967 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Stingray, 1969-1976....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
Off Topic  >  ..
 Register To Post

NC Kid ..
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/5 13:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:..
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

hm. that thread had nothing but trouble written all over it.

as an aside, I have strobes on my C4. I learned the necessity of them if you ever lead a caravan... or want a little bling in a parade. I just need to get a better set.
Posted on: 2007/9/5 13:56

CasetheCorvetteman RE:..
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

If you got banned for something like that, its incredible im still allowed near the site!!
Posted on: 2007/9/5 14:17

NC Kid RE:..
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/5 16:15

brut RE:..
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

er...i would stay away from CF. If they had a legitimat reason for banning you, then take it like a man and move on and learn from it.

I can feel for the guys over there because they have to fight people doing exactly what you are doing. . I don't know your whole story, so i won't say this to you, but to the others that do it: If you want to play like a little immature butthole, I think Fisher Price or Mattel have forums too that you can play with. Leave the grown-up forums for the big people who get to sit at the big table.
Posted on: 2007/9/5 17:14

CSS996 RE:..
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

It seems to me like there is an "us and them" attitude over there. The feeling I get is that the site is aimed at older owners (let's say 35 years plus) and that the majority are very conservative owners. And they seem to be happy to flame folks that do anything different.

I'll admit that neons are not for me, but I sure wouldn't get on somebody's case for having them. There are far worse things people could be spending money on.

That said, I really hope we can keep this place tolerant and respectful. I put up with that kind of behavior over there because of the vast pool of knowledge, and sheer number of contributing members. Our membership is still so small here, that a bad egg can really stink the place up.

Here's hoping we can all get along!
Posted on: 2007/9/5 17:24

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

:smilebox: We may need to further elaborate on "get along"....
Posted on: 2007/9/5 17:38

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/5 17:49

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/5 17:49

CSS996 RE:..
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

:smilebox: We may need to further elaborate on "get along"....

Sorry mate. Couldn't find the 'group hug' emoticon. :tongue:

And Blackie, take it from a 37 year old dude who'se had lots of different jobs and is surviving happily in a 15 year marriage with three kids....

You can't always give lip back just because somebody gives you some. You gotta be the bigger man sometimes. It's sucks, but you have to learn to get a different kind of satisfaction from doing the right thing.

Here's hoping you find a nice home here with the Gurus! :thumbright:
Posted on: 2007/9/5 18:10

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/5 18:33

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

There is a fine line between being mature and being a stick in the mud.

At the same time, the first sign of maturity is to ignore those that piss us off. My wife, Bastet44, calls them "vexatious people." These are people that come along and are just the wrong mix, and cause all sorts of grief. The best bet is to avoid and ignore them. And these people can come in many shapes and sizes... they may not even be confrontational... just annoying, or dense, or simple, or mean, or viscous or whatever.

I agree with Brut. It's more than just "getting along." it's about being a good member of our society. It's about growing up and being mature. It doesn't automatically mean you have to be boring, tho.

I am 41, and one of the most open minded people you will find in this hobby. I am not one who says that if someone steps outside the paradigm, it's automatically wrong or stupid, or the person is a moron. No, I don't do that. I only call them as I see them and as logic dictates. If you want your Vette to be metallic pink with purple neons and dubs, so be it, I don't care. But, if you were to ask me if it was a wise move, I would question the logic, but ultimately, do what makes YOU happy.

Then again, if you wanted to do that to a 1967 with an L88, I would shoot you. There is a fine line between independent thinking and shear stupidity.

CF is absurdly conservative. Insanely so. There are folks there who are so God, Country and GOP it isn't even funny. They still think that Gore tried to steal the election away from GWB... These people scare me... they really do. It's one thing to love your country - and I do - but the first true measure is to be able to acknowledge it has faults.

I have had people actually accuse me of "revisionist history." They seem to think that folks are reinventing the history because of political correctness or some other BS. The reality is, too many folks, in too many parts of this country, are just unable to accept paradigm shifts. It's that simple. Change is inevitable, deal with it. Don't yell at me because your precious interpretation of fact has been shattered because of newer information.

The final part of my rant. It's the fact that corporate America, taking advantage of all the rights and privileges the constitution provides, can, and will, fire people for saying things they don't agree with. It's no different than CF banning people, or locking threads... they don't want to discuss these issues. It's no different than NASCAR fining Tony Stewart $50k for saying bullshit. SO WHAT. What it means is that we are losing our First Amendment rights, one quarterly profit report at a time.

As for legalities... the WORST they could do is file a civil suit against someone. It doesn't mean a law has been broken, but a contract violated. At the same time, it is expensive... so don't expect them to do jack.

To me, it's very immature to be sneaking around with cloaks and daggers. It seems to me to be a waste of resources... time and energy... for what? Why? I don't see a payback. I see more damage to be done in the loss of respect...

I know it's about growing up, but if you have a short fuse now, you will have one in 20 years... and that isn't going to make you friends.
Posted on: 2007/9/6 1:27

Z51 RE:..
Guru
OREGON
127 Posts

i agree with you on this bogus
Posted on: 2007/9/6 1:34

NEVRL8T RE:..
Guru
Little Rock, AR
74 Posts

I say if you want to then do it, if you don't then don't.
Posted on: 2007/9/18 15:49

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/18 22:14

red_johnny RE:..
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Rather a long read but interesting views.
Posted on: 2007/9/18 23:37

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/19 0:41

justardnck RE:..
Guru Newb
36 Posts

Quote:
Grumpys a winie. From my understanding they use a IP Adress Scanner. Hes banned about 15 fake IPs from me because I use a cloaker and encrypter. I delete my tracks and reuse it. I wonder if they would try to take me to court for getting another user name Ehh, wont get no $$ from me, Im broke teenager Strobes here will get you thrown in jail. My underbodys are a indigo purplish blueish and I have gotten pulled three times. They told me to cut them off and I said nope,, they are purple and legal. They are tecnically purple. Im about to get rid of em though. Not really worth it.
I can help you with the IP ban
Posted on: 2007/10/17 10:59

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Why bother with kiddy games?? Why bother trying to f*ck with a forum in order to get revenge and looking like a retard in the process?

You probably got banned for breaking one or more rules in the first place, so take your medicine son.
Posted on: 2007/10/17 13:05

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I'm with Casey.... well said.
Posted on: 2007/10/17 14:48

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
I can help you with the IP ban

don't tempt fate...
Posted on: 2007/10/17 14:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.