Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
357 user(s) are online (307 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

red_johnny Home projects
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Just wondering here, how many home improvements do you do to your house a month or a year?

I do about 1-3 projects a month anything from painting, to re-doing my bathroom. Latest project was laying hardwood laminate floors in my hallway last night
Posted on: 2007/12/11 19:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 RE:Home projects
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Pretty much just painting so far. We bought the house when it was just a hole in the ground. That was in the fall of '98. We moved in at the very end of November.

I did have someone add a BUNCH of concrete out back to transform our postage stamp sized back porch into something that you could almost play half-court basketball on if you were so inclined.

We are thinking about finishing the basement soon. If a friend of mine will help me, I would love to have some hands on experience with that kinda thing. But I may end up just hiring someone. I'd rather save the cash and gain the knowledge if at all possible.

The bugger is that I have so much shite in the basement right now that I practically have to put a shed out back to hold it all before I start construction downstairs.

Funny how one thing leads to another. Almost like working on a Vette, I guess! :tongue:
Posted on: 2007/12/11 19:47

red_johnny RE:Home projects
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

It really is like working on a vette. The basement, are you going to add a bathroom down there? I have home improvement books and alot of stuff is really easy. The hardest part is knowing if you need a permit or not. I found out that I should have had a permit when I redid my bathroom. Apparently any home improvement that costs over $500 requires a permit for my area. I say, screw that! If I ever redo my kitchen or extend my house I will do the permit but why should I pay extra money for something so simple?
Posted on: 2007/12/11 19:56

NC Kid RE:Home projects
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Since August we have done lots to our house. We had our bathroom done to make it wheelchair accessible because we found out that this place for handicapped would pay for it all because my sister was paralyzed in a car wreck. She had a pressure sore on her bottom so they installed a jacuzzi bathtub(jets, deeper, curved), bathchair, handbars, widened the door, new toilet, sink, and counters. We are redoing the kitchen as well. I helped my dad rip out cabinets, floor ect. We had our whole house which is hardwood sanded down and stained cherry oak. We tore out our otherb athroom and am still working on it. Working on the garage as well. Just had our porch sealed up to make it into a room. Had some new gutters put up. Basment hasnt been messed with yet. Whole house is being repainted right now. Uhh, I think that about covers it. Lots of work done and were still doing it as of now. So lots of projects every week.
Posted on: 2007/12/11 22:18

CSS996 RE:Home projects
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Yeah, the basement will get a pooper. The plumbing is roughed in. My area of town is permit happy. They go so far as to tell you what colors your house and roof can be. I guess they enjoy their little dictatorship. I have friends that build houses, so I think I can get hooked up nicely. Everything but the loan...
Posted on: 2007/12/11 22:39

red_johnny RE:Home projects
On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Yeah, trying to pay for things is half the fun. Lotta stuff your family has done to your house there black. I am taking a break from painting my trim outside right now. As soon as its dry it comes back into the house and reinstalled. It came off because I tore down the paneling in the hallway. After the trim is up I am hoping to get the base boards down. Then all I have to do is crown molding....that project I will save until next month.
Posted on: 2007/12/12 0:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.