Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
169 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone The never ending projects
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

I get one thing done and two more things pop up. Put the cluster back into the 90 tonight and as I was checking everything out I cranked on the A/C and nada,zip ... zilch. The freon has apparently leaked out and I suspect it is the input valve. It maintained pressure before but now it's down to nothing.

Funny thing was, my wife asked me if I f'd something up when I was putting back the cluster. I said they're not even near each other. WTF.

Women.... Ya have to love them :lol:
Posted on: 2007/12/17 1:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

red_johnny RE:The never ending projects
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Boy do I know your pains. For my vette and for my house as well. Its never done
Posted on: 2007/12/17 1:44

bogus RE:The never ending projects
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I love cause and effect... my mom always blamed my modem usage on screwing up her crap tax software (this was back in the 80s). I guess for some the chaos theory is the only one that applies...
Posted on: 2007/12/17 3:23

TommyT-Bone RE:The never ending projects
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33768 Posts

The saga continues..... So I'm cleaning up the 90. I recharge the A/C ,and clean it up real nice. Since I'm cleaning , I go over to the 91 to vac it out and decide to start it up. I happened to have the hood up because I was vacuuming the catch area in front of the windshield of all the leaves and pebbles that get trapped in there. I turn the key and I see a wisp of smoke as the starter attempts to engage. Either the alarm guy or the shop that replaced the starter must have left a wire bare or as luck might have it, it may be something else. So now I have something to do on Thursday. I'm calling the tow truck and bringing it back to the shop that did the starter.
The wife picks me up and we go to pick up the 83 Porsche that was supposed to be ready today. We get there at 5:00 PM and it's sitting on the slightly elevated lift running with a timing light sitting on the back bumper. The mechanic is adding more oil and it hasn't even been test driven yet. He says it's going to be another hour or so. We figure we'll go grab a bite to eat while we wait. Ring......ring....... at the dinner table. The lines that hook up to the thermostat stripped the thermostat threads and the line is not holding pressure. You need a new thermostat. Ka ching. We'll get it first thing in the morning and it should be done by tomorrow night.
Meanwhile, the dinner takes about thirty-five minutes to get to the table. My fries are warm , not hot, and the wife has burnt stuff from the grill on her bacon cheese burger. She asks if thet could just give her a new bun top and cheese. Twenty minutes later they send back a new burger with the manager. This time they bring her a well done burger when she ordered it medium. She didn't even ask for a new burger, just a new top bun with cheese. The manager goes to the kitchen to prepare it himself. 15 minutes later she eats. They were kind enough to void the bill but I'd rather pay for it and just get what we asked for. The restaurant wasn't even very busy and they fubbed this one up pretty good.
The nights not over yet and there is still plenty of time for some more
$#!+ to hit the fan. Overall it's been just another glorious day.........
Posted on: 2007/12/19 2:22

red_johnny RE:The never ending projects
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear all of that. Sounds like one of my avarage days Hope things turn around for you, keep us up to date with the porsche.
Posted on: 2007/12/19 14:25

CSS996 RE:The never ending projects
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I hate it when that happens!

It is nice to get a free meal, but it is the whole experience that has been ruined. Not just the cost of the food. Bummer...
Posted on: 2007/12/19 15:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.