Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
369 user(s) are online (306 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ALDL
Assembly Line Diagnostic Link

The cable you use to connect to a TECH 1 or a laptop computer for diagnosis and data logging purposes....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird 4+3 has oil cooler unhooked
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

lines a hooked together wid a rubber line...havent tried to hook it back..how fussy is this tranny bout heat??n kin i run a seperate tranny cooler n mount it up front by radiator? last why would some one unhook it??(besides maybe a leak) thanks
Posted on: 2007/12/27 1:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus RE:4+3 has oil cooler unhooked
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would bet it is caused by a leak, and you MUST reconnect it.

I would remove the radiator and get it checked. If it's bad, invest in a DeWitt aluminum radiator. They ROCK.
Posted on: 2007/12/27 2:06

pappyfreebird RE:4+3 has oil cooler unhooked
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

youch 5 hunert bucks...well i hope i kin have it repaired cheap...tell i decide ifn gonna keep her...i want the car ...but shaded history..n ta me (fer a vet )a few things that shouldnt have been (like runnin the hoses tagether in 1st palce)...kin i cheat also,, n jus hook in a aftermarket tranny cooler n hang it in front of radiator??45 $$ verse pullin n tryun ta find a shop ...er the 5 hunert on new one
Posted on: 2007/12/27 14:36

CentralCoaster RE:4+3 has oil cooler unhooked
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It would be easier to replace the radiator, stock ones are about $150.

But you're not even sure if the cooler section leaks. Are the fittings on the end of the cooler hard lines still there? I don't see how there's any room to attach hoses without cutting or bending the hard lines.
Posted on: 2007/12/27 23:04

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey cc... looks like the hardlines might be still usable...havent unhooked ...but nuts r still on lines (hopefully jus pushed back n slid rubber line over n clamped) ..its back out under cover again...got hammerd wid more sno...how hard r they ta pull...n r they luminum or plastic...got a good radiator shop here...was gonna give em call, know him n he has a couple er more vets himself..anyway fum what ive looked at id say they jus run dimpled hardlines (crimped)n nut seals it (sarry prolley all wrong werds) but the lines could have a rubber pulled over n clamped n thats wud i r hopin...so repair er replace..preciate it i keep ya posted..n have a bazillion more questions ..she runs good though er starts good n fridgid temps
Posted on: 2007/12/28 2:17

Lichen RE:4+3 has oil cooler unhooked
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

Anybody care to translate?
Posted on: 2007/12/28 2:21

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey lich...are 84 c4 radiators luminum er plastic??? my tranny cooler lines r connected together wid a rubber line ....n nawt runnin thru cooler...hope thats clearer thanks pappy
Posted on: 2007/12/28 2:26

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

sumbeech!!! hey it just dawned on me!!! that aint dex pink cheeyut in my radiator!!!its fuggan tranny fluid!! wont go into pressure n my babble...but they only leak tranny into coolant...nawt usually any antifreeze out of tranny cooler>>(hope that makes sense) that explains the tranny lines run together...so now my most impotent job is flush radiator n drain tranny fluid...any helpful tips fellas...besides sell it...dont evin have title yet>..
Posted on: 2007/12/28 14:28

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Why flush the radiator? Shouldn't you be changing it out for one that doesn't leak?

The stock radiators are plastic with what looks like an aluminum core. For a replacement, I'd try rockauto.com or call Chris May at superior chevrolet in Kansas, and ask for the forum discount. Those prices are unbeatable except for some of the garbage chinese parts you can get at Autozone/Pep Boys.

http://www.superchevyperformance.com/

www.rockauto.com

I also have a 5% discount code floating around somewhere for rockauto, or you can search on CF for one.
Posted on: 2007/12/28 22:56

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thanks coaster....but ive mellowed jus a tad since freakin earlier taday... after werk ...i uncoverd the ol girl n radiators green n clean... n followed the hoses ta find n oil cooler tied into front of radiator (like i were thinkon bout doin) so it happind ta previous owner n they fixed this way...so i aint gota freak bout cheeyut in block etc...n can now decide ifn gonna go wid new radiator er leave as is....seems its been that way...n the ol girls earnin my trust ... 8 days under cover in below zero n she popped right off...so anyway fer now i leave that one alone tell i figure out the coolent fan...you really think the autozone pep cats stuff is cheeyut??? 120 ta repair it right n 165 fer autozone new 1...fer now i r jus realieved its ok ta leave her sit...mindfugged myself.. rekon but better safe n sarry i figure...
Posted on: 2007/12/29 1:33

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey coaster i checked yer sites...far out brutha...fug me 131 deliverd is cheaper then evin auto zone...so are they american made n better products??(radiators)
Posted on: 2007/12/29 2:00

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
hey coaster i checked yer sites...far out brutha...fug me 131 deliverd is cheaper then evin auto zone...so are they american made n better products??(radiators)

Maybe not on radiators. But on many parts there, at least you have the option in front of you of buying chinese vs buying quality. Autozone only stocks the cheapest part that will kinda fit/function.
Posted on: 2007/12/29 6:38

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well its cool wid me...one kin nevo have enuff parts houses ta compare $ to
Posted on: 2007/12/29 20:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.