Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
223 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Vertte
Shorthand notation for Corvette Convertible. See also vert and vette...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

xccter Selling My '88 Z52 A4 Coupe Both Tops Everything Works - Maryland
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

1988 Corvette Z52 A4 138k Miles $6k

Hey Andy & Gurus,

Multiple Corvette owner and long time C3/C4 member here. Running out of garage space and, sorry to say, selling my '88 Z52 Coupe. 1G1YY2187J5108690
The '71 stays.

All options except Z51 package (obviously). RPO sticker under storage compartment lid. Yes it has the B4P boost fan. Uploading more pix later this week. 138k miles and runs great. Burns no oil and exhaust is clear. Always passes emissions testing. If you look through the oil filler cap opening, you can read the stamping numbers on the head. No sludge. Always Mobil1.

No evidence of ever having been in an accident of any kind, with a Clean AutoCheck score of 46.

Looks to have been garaged most of it's life before I bought it, and always garaged since. Original paint (Dark Red) is 7/10, with normal surface scratches and rubber nose and tail fading on top. One small rub-spot on hood that appears to have been from a cover, and a rub-spot on the underside of one headlamp assembly that can only been seen when the headlamps are flipped to the open position. Body panels have NO cracks or fractures. Needs tires, but they're a real personal choice thing, so I have no intention of replacing them. Also you can see the perfectly even wear patterns on present tires. Brakes will likely need to be replaced in the next 5k miles or so.

Everything works! New seats and window rubbers. Carpet is original with normal wear. New window regulator in driver door and new hatch actuator. Good mini spare with jack. Windjammer air deflector. New cats-back in 2006, along with new water pump, thermostat and hoses. Both tops with new headliner and paint on fiberglass top. DRL conversion. R134 conversion. Alpine CD with original Bose in back and Boston Acoustic in doors. Many additional parts like a spare RH rim, A.I.R. pump and additional air cleaner set up for K&N with filters and oil. 2 covers. Both shop manuals. Steering wheel is worn, but I have a nice leather cover on it. No cracks in dashpad.

This is a turn-key vehicle once you put tires on it.

Frederick and/or Annapolis, MD

Mark
xccter@yahoo.com

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii ... 2%20A4%20Coupe/?start=all

Attach file:

jpg  DSC02731.jpg (162.65 KB)
1113_4cfe92358d7a3.jpg 639X479 px
Posted on: 2010/12/7 20:00
NCRS #48337
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Selling My '88 Z52 A4 Coupe Both Tops Everything Works - Maryland
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Looks sweet! I wish you luck.

A word of advise... if it doesn't sell by January, take if off the market and try again in late March/early April. These things sell better in the spring.
Posted on: 2010/12/8 3:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

xccter Re: Selling My '88 Z52 A4 Coupe Both Tops Everything Works - Maryland
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

Thanx Andy,

Yeah, always better luck when folks have their tax refund burning a hole in their pockets and some warm sunshine.

I'm retiring on the 31st, and we bought a really nice home in downtown Annapolis - but no garage built yet. The vettes are still in the garage at the Frederick house, and that's fine until I get the garage done.

If it doesn't sell, I won't be sad. Love this car. Just sold our '83 280ZX rather than see it outside under 2 covers for the winter. Guy that bought it also has a '67 Shelby GT350, white on blue. Sweet! So now that we're consolidating down to 1 home and only one 2-car garage, we sold her toy, now I have to sell one of mine, and it ain't gonna be the '71.

We'll see what happens, and I'll take your advise if nothing happens in the next couple weeks.

Mark

Attach file:

jpg  DSC01947.JPG (604.37 KB)
1113_4cff9521caf6d.jpg 1280X960 px
Posted on: 2010/12/8 14:29
NCRS #48337

biggrizzly Re: Selling My '88 Z52 A4 Coupe Both Tops Everything Works - Maryland
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Mark - Let me pass this around my club. Our members range from Frederick to Annapolis. I live in Chesapeake Beach and am the President of Corvette Club of America. I may have met you before and don't even know it.

Sounds like a great C4 for someone.
Posted on: 2010/12/8 15:25

Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

Thanx for your time Don. I belong to the Kent Island Cruisers, but now that we've moved to Annapolis, probably going to be finding another club on this side of the bridges to do stuff with the '71. Suggestions?

Mark

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Mark - Let me pass this around my club. Our members range from Frederick to Annapolis. I live in Chesapeake Beach and am the President of Corvette Club of America. I may have met you before and don't even know it.

Sounds like a great C4 for someone.

Attach file:

jpg  DSC01730.JPG (169.55 KB)
1113_4cfff11823143.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  DSC01734.JPG (553.40 KB)
1113_4cfff149edaa5.jpg 1280X960 px
Posted on: 2010/12/8 20:58
NCRS #48337

biggrizzly Re: Selling My '88 Z52 A4 Coupe Both Tops Everything Works - Maryland
4543 Posts

Well if you are moving to Annapolis won't the Kent Island cruisers be closer to you than when you lived in Frederick? We have a few of our members that belong to Kent Island Cruisers too. You may know one of our dear members that passed away last year, Art Goldberg. He was a member of our club for years and I know he loved and belonged to the KIC as well.

Corvette Annapolis is a great club and we do lots of activities with them. I have a great rapport with the President of the club, Pete Klein. We pass members back and forth quite a bit.

I'd like to recruit you to our club but our meetings are held in Rockville and our Shop Night is held in Silver Spring at Sport Chevrolet once per month. Shop night is a big deal to our membership. This allows them to use the lifts to change oil and do simple work that can be accomplished in just a few hours. We have several members that live in the Annapolis area including myself (25 min. south) that travel twice a month to the meetings and shop night because its such a great club with great members and an awesome sponsor.

If you stop by my website you can contact me via email if you are interested more info.

Take Care -- I lived on Genesse St. near the Navy Stadium when I graduated from U of MD back in the 80s. I loved living in Nap Town!
Posted on: 2010/12/9 0:25

Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

I know. That wasn't clear. We have a home in Frederick, and had a home on KI and sold it before we moved to Annapolis. Now we have one in Frederick and Annapolis, selling the one in Frederick soon.

I grew up in Wheaton/Silver Spring, so I know exactly where you're talking about holding your meetings and shop nights.

I'm retiring end of the month, and will give your offer some serious thought. Thanx again for your time.

Mark
Posted on: 2010/12/9 0:39
NCRS #48337

Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

New pictures posted on the Photobucket link above.
Posted on: 2010/12/10 22:28
NCRS #48337

Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

Sold the '88 yesterday.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 2:03
NCRS #48337

4543 Posts

Congrats! Now that you are in Annapolis you can come cruise my way on Friday evenings in the spring for the North Beach Cruise-In
Posted on: 2011/1/31 3:39

BrianCunningham Re: Selling My '88 Z52 A4 Coupe Both Tops Everything Works - Maryland
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

best of luck to the new owner

be sure to invite him/her to the forum!
Posted on: 2011/2/1 1:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.