Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
281 user(s) are online (222 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Offset
The distance from the wheel mounting flange to the imaginary centerline of the wheel. Wheels with negative offset will protrude outwards more, while...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

ironcurtain Some advice on shocks? :D
Guru Newb
39 Posts

Hey Guys,

I have been wanting to get some shocks for quite a while and i just haven't really had the time to get them and install them.

But see I had my eyes set on some Bilstein Sport because I hear they are the best if I want a really firm ride that would deliver much better handling that the ones I have.

But recently ive been driving around and the streets around my town are unforgivable. Not well taken care of and honestly there aren't a lot of smooth rodes. I drove my brother's malibu the other day and I forgot how quite and smooth a ride can be.

Don't get me wrong I love my loud and performance built corvette(somewhat) :tongue: but i guess i thought about getting a smoother ride from my vette.

Anybody have any recommendations on some shocks that could delivery a smoother ride? thanks!
Posted on: 2008/2/9 4:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ramrod RE:Some advice on shocks? :D
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

I picked up some cheapie KYB's there ok for now. I understand your position, do you want race car suspension or will you be driving on long trips and want a smooth ride????
Posted on: 2008/2/9 4:41

ironcurtain RE:Some advice on shocks? :D
Guru Newb
39 Posts

that's exactly the point.

I WANT race car suspension but after modifying my car with heads, cam, converter and gears I realize that I wanted it..didnt need it. But either way whats done is done and i love how my car is

but since when will i truly use the race car suspension. My corvette is a daily driver so i guess maybe it wouldnt hurt to get some shocks that will delivery a smoother ride.
Posted on: 2008/2/9 4:47

Ramrod RE:Some advice on shocks? :D
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Go KYB's from Summit, a good inexpensive compromise.
Posted on: 2008/2/9 4:49

JrRifleCoach Re: Some advice on shocks? :D
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:
Anybody have any recommendations on some shocks that could delivery a smoother ride? thanks!

If your shocks have any sign of fluid leakage or are more than 10 years old you can buy a set of Gabriels and be impressed! They'll only last 10-15K miles if your lucky. Thats why you'll want to move to a higher quality shock such as Bilsteins or the like....
IMHO you'll find that some of the roughest roads will smooth out with good shocks.
Posted on: 2008/2/9 4:50

CasetheCorvetteman RE:Some advice on shocks? :D
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

KONI Yellow Adjustables. You can set them hard or soft, and there is quite a range of adjustment there.

These shock absorbers come with a lifetime garrentee, so they have alot of confidence in the product. I also stake my reputation on their first class quality too.
Posted on: 2008/2/9 5:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.