Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
319 user(s) are online (279 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Notorious Mopar fans.... Who's had a 340?
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

I've had two. The first was many years ago. It was a stock '73 low compression version in a '73 Charger. This car was a tank but even at 4100 lbs. with a less than stellar version of this great engine, it still ran mid 15s in the 1/4 mile. The other one was a modified one that I had in a '70 Cuda that I owned from '97 until a couple of years ago. It was in the car when I bought it and so I really don't know what the extent of the mods were. But it was stout. It was very reminiscent of the 440 six pack '70 that I drag raced back in the 70s. In other words, when you nailed it on street tires, it'd go any which way but straight!
Anyhow, I think the 340 was one of the most amazing small blocks ever made, at least comparable to the SBC in every way, especially given their all too limited production run. I'd give my left nut for one of the rare 340 six packs used in the AAR Cudas and the Challenger T/As. Special heads, better rotating ass'y and of course that three deuce induction set-up.....
Way too f'n cool!
Posted on: 2008/2/10 2:12

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Mopar fans.... Who's had a 340?
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

I don't know a lot about the Mopar engines. But my best friend had a '73 340 Dart. I had a '69 SS 350 Camaro. His was automatic, mine was a 4-speed. Can't remember the gearing on either car.

But he never once beat me in a race.
Posted on: 2008/2/10 2:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious RE:Mopar fans.... Who's had a 340?
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
I don't know a lot about the Mopar engines. But my best friend had a '73 340 Dart. I had a '69 SS 350 Camaro. His was automatic, mine was a 4-speed. Can't remember the gearing on either car.

But he never once beat me in a race.

As well you should have. Assuming both were stock, his was a smogger and yours was a prime example of an early 350. But if he'd have had a '68 to '71 340 Dart with decent tuning, he'd have cleaned your clock. These were easy 13 second cars with slicks, any reasonable gear and a competent driver. The factory HP rating of four barrel 340s in prime-time was 275. That was laughable! Those suckers would storm!
Posted on: 2008/2/10 2:33

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Mopar fans.... Who's had a 340?
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Neither car was stock, although only simple bolt on's.
Headers, aluminum intake and Holley 4-barrel carbs.

I helped him put the headers on his car, and I couldn't get over the fact the drivers side was a two piece design in order to fit around the steering box (I think that was why). Anyway it was weird.

Either one of us would love to have those cars back today. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/2/10 2:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.