Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
231 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Sunday Chat 02.17.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Normally I do not start a chat on weekends, but I had a cool experience on my way to work this morning.

I was going to drive the Vette, but I start thinking about gas for 100 miles and I talked myself out of it.

So, I'm about to get on I-25 North at Hwy. 50 East. I see the intersection about 100 yards ahead. The light is red. Then I spy four distinctive oval shaped tail lights.

DAMN! I should have driven mine! Oh.... Wait a second. What's that? A high mounted brake light? NO WAY! A ZR1. Black, 1990.

Believe it or not, this is only the second time I've seen a Z in person. The first was in '90 parked outside of a medical office. So this was the first one I got to see in motion. Before today, I was kinda thinking the extra width in the rear detracted from the overall look of the car. I was wrong, of course. Wow!

I am a changed man!

What are the symptoms of Z Fever?

Well, I need to get some work done. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Chat with you tomorrow!
Posted on: 2008/2/17 15:14

lt4obsessed RE:Sunday Chat 02.17.08
Guru Newb
The Land of Oz
29 Posts

There is black ZR1 that resides somewhere near me. I saw it last summer while driving my LT4. We both had the targas out and gave a wave. I must say I felt dwarfed at that light. I haven't seen it since. It is an awesome piece of machinery.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 15:25

red_johnny RE:Sunday Chat 02.17.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Well I went to the ER last night and they gave me some antiboitics so I am feeling much better know. I think that is all I really needed in the first place but the first doc did not think so I am still congested but I can deal with that.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 16:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

smooth RE:Sunday Chat 02.17.08
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:
Well I went to the ER last night and they gave me some antiboitics so I am feeling much better know. I think that is all I really needed in the first place but the first doc did not think so I am still congested but I can deal with that.

Hey red, If you don't have any blood pressure problems and are otherwise healthy, check with a pharmacist and get a box of Mucinex D. It has an expectorent and decongestant in it. Take 1 twice a day with lots of water and it should loosen up your chest and open up the sinuses so you can breath again. Good stuff. you have to sign for it at the Pharmacy counter because of the pseudoephedrine though. Good luck, hope ya feel better soon!
Posted on: 2008/2/18 2:42

red_johnny RE:Sunday Chat 02.17.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Hey red, If you don't have any blood pressure problems and are otherwise healthy, check with a pharmacist and get a box of Mucinex D. It has an expectorent and decongestant in it. Take 1 twice a day with lots of water and it should loosen up your chest and open up the sinuses so you can breath again. Good stuff. you have to sign for it at the Pharmacy counter because of the pseudoephedrine though. Good luck, hope ya feel better soon!
They gave me that stuff too but honestly I felt no differant after taking it for 2 days. I feel much better now though after taking 2 doses of the antibiotics.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 14:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.